• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Las Vegas group question-

I talked to Mikey (Factor X) and he said he'll try to show up and bring the FX-400, which I got to test drive. We should think about doing a drive up to his shop as well.

Race to "I love sushi"

Hey guys,

The "I Love Sushi" meet was awesome!!

The two Porsche twin turbos were a lot faster in arriving to the Sushi meet than any of the NSXs demonstrating their superior acceleration. Not even the fabled 1500 hp FactorX car driven by factory driver "Mikey" could compete against the powerful, but stock Porsche turbos to the sushi meet. However, Honda was represented by the new Ridgeline with Navi, which found its way to the sushi meet just behind the Porsches, but well ahead of the NSXs. In fact, the Porsche turbos were so much faster than the NSXs that they arrived 7 days early! :eek:

The sushi meet is next Saturday Bill and Jason. April Fools on ourselves. :rolleyes:

Anyways, we had a great time and the everyone got to try something new. Bill and his brother John tried Sea Urchin and Quail eggs and loved it. Jason whimped out and stayed with the Beef Teriyaki. Bill's wife Rachel was much more adventurous a tried a couple pieces of raw sushi.

Afterwards, we went to Symbolic to check out Jason's new yellow Murci, but they sold it. Oh well. :frown:

Well, it was nice meeting Bill, John and Rachel. Hope to see you guys at a future meet. :smile:

Sandy

Last edited:
Yes im in folks!! I will be showing off the new CSC plus a few added goodies for those of you wanting to upgrade your audio system. Hope to see all of you there!! Can you give me a address fro the meet up point? Thanks!!!

Re: Race to "I love sushi"

CerberusM5 said:
Hey guys,

The sushi meet was awesome!!

The Porsche twin turbos were a lot faster than any of the NSXs including the 1500 hp FactorX car. No NSXs even came close to beating the powerful Porsches to the sushi meet.

In fact, the Porsches were 7 days too fast!!! :rolleyes:

The damn sushi meet is next Saturday Bill and Jason. Anyways, we had a great time and the guys got to try some new things. Bill and his brother John tried Sea Urchin and Quail eggs and loved it. Jason whimped out and stayed with the Beef Teriyaki. At least Bill's wife Rachel tried a couple pieces of sushi.

Afterwards, we went to Symbolic to check out Jason's new Murci, but they sold it. Oh well.

Well, it was nice meeting Bill, John and Rachel. Hope to see you guys next time.

Sandy

Wow, that's fast! :eek: You must of had those flux capacitors installed in those Porsches along with those twin turbos. :biggrin:

Are you Porsche folks going to make it next week for the "real" group meet? Should be a really good showing! And maybe we can talk the "round eyes" to eat some real sushi this time! :biggrin: :wink:

kswift said:
Yes im in folks!! I will be showing off the new CSC plus a few added goodies for those of you wanting to upgrade your audio system. Hope to see all of you there!! Can you give me a address fro the meet up point? Thanks!!!

Yes, another Brooklands Green! Lance you will not be alone! :biggrin:

Keep checking back, we'll (me or Lance) put up an official itinerary for the meet soon.

Vega$ NSX said:
Wow, that's fast! :eek: You must of had those flux capacitors installed in those Porsches along with those twin turbos. :biggrin:

Are you Porsche folks going to make it next week for the "real" group meet? Should be a really good showing! And maybe we can talk the "round eyes" to eat some real sushi this time! :biggrin: :wink:

Hey, I resemble that comment! :wink:

Vega$ NSX said:

Actually, my secret is Marvel's Mystery Oiil additive, but don't let out the secret. :wink:

It looks like 11:30 PM, 4-4-6 at I Love Sushi on 11041 S. Eastern Ave in Henderson 89052 with phone # being 702-990-4055. This place is not owned by the one in Washington state.

If someone can get the # of people then we can sit together. Let them know we need the area where we can talk and hear. I am going skiing Monday to Friday. Some one needs to follow up on this information.

nsxalot said:
It looks like 11:30 PM, 4-4-6 at I Love Sushi on 11041 S. Eastern Ave in Henderson 89052 with phone # being 702-990-4055. This place is not owned by the one in Washington state.

If someone can get the # of people then we can sit together. Let them know we need the area where we can talk and hear. I am going skiing Monday to Friday. Some one needs to follow up on this information.
correction 11:30AM

I'll call later today to make a reservation if no one else does.

I'm guessing group of 15 people??

nsxalot said:

Tuesday April 4?

Ok guys see if you all agree with this schedule. It will be this coming Saturday, April 8. at 11:30 a.m. Meeting place will be at south east side of Green Valley Ranch Hotel. If you are coming from I-15, exit 215 east exit Green Valley Pkwy. and make a right at the traffic light. Make another right at the first traffic light and that leads you towards PF Changs restaurant. Make another right and follow the road heading towards the hotel. The parking lot would be on your left hand side by Elephant Bar. If you are coming from US95 exit 215 west and exit Green Valley Pkwy. Make a left at the traffic light and bare to your right and make a right at the next traffic light at PF Changs restaurant. Follow the road on your right towards the hotel. Parking lot would be on your left hand side. (702) 326-3796 Just in case. From there it's about 10 minutes drive to I Love Sushi at Eastern. CHRIS

Sea Urchin

Hey Bill,

This is what your sea urchin looked like in the kitchen before they served it to you. They just crack that baby open and scoop out all the good stuff.

Ummm Ummm Ummm Delicous! :eek:

9211225778.jpg

Last edited:
i just came from there and made a reservation for 20 at the most. i spoke with kim and i told her it will be at 12:00 noon. Plenty of parking space when i was there during lunch time.

Now that is fresh!!

NsXMas said:
CerberusM5 - have you had Uni LIVE??

I had it served live in LA once. The shell was still moving as I ate the sea urchin.

GOod but I don't think I'll do it again.

Just to confirm the lunch is on April 8th at 11:30am

That sounds like a good sushi place that serves it that fresh. Damn!

I have only had Sea Urchin maybe 6 times, but never that fresh.

Take care
Sandy

Re: Now that is fresh!!

CerberusM5 said:
That sounds like a good sushi place that serves it that fresh. Damn!

I have only had Sea Urchin maybe 6 times, but never that fresh.

Take care
Sandy
Here is the picture of the live uni shell empty - the tentacles are still slowly moving. Yummy in my tummy!!!

That was back in 2002, so I'm not sure if the restaurant exists any more...

9246live_uni-med.jpg

Frank - You did finish the Amaebi didn't you? That's the best part!!!!

Attachments

• 9246live_uni-med.jpg
    9246live_uni-med.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 37
Re: Now that is fresh!!

I guess you still have half of a chicken head left. Next time, don't waste......eat the eye ball too:tongue:

NsXMas said:
Here is the picture of the live uni shell empty - the tentacles are still slowly moving. Yummy in my tummy!!!

That was back in 2002, so I'm not sure if the restaurant exists any more...

9246live_uni-med.jpg

Back