• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Last minute moral support requested JH4NA2162YT000060

Re: Last minute moral support requested

That IS a good deal for this car, especially in the US.
In Canada, easily add 10 grand to the starting resale price of that car.
I say go for it. Good Luck!

As long as everything checks out...get it. Add another NSX to the Raleigh area.

One way or another there will be another one added to the area. I look forward to meeting you all.

I would get it in a heart beat if I can find an example like that as you may know quality of the NSX on this side of the world is terrible.

Thanks for the help guys, a lot of valid and differing viewpoints helps definitely. The SA at Acura is looking into why the compression test wasn't done, but that will probably be the deciding factor.

All engine diagnostic checks came back extremely strong (including a compression test). The service manager said the car is perfect. I got the price to where I wanted so everything is good to go.

I guess there was a local that was extremely interested in it this weekend but due to the PO being contingent upon the PPI and the PPI missing the compression test at that point let it sit in limbo, so I sort of lucked out.

The TB/WP job and a few other misc items are being handled now. Hoping to pick it up sometime this month and drive 2,200 miles home (I'll make a new thread for that when the time comes)

Thanks for all of your help guys.

This...

Hi Steve, Since you asked for comment(s)... I am wondering:

- Wacky electronics
- Was FI
- Other mods (BBK, wheels, who knows what else)
- But all those mods reversed
- 50 K miles
- Located clear across the USA

IS this NSX really worth $43,900 ? (Your statement "So essentially $43900 for a 2000 with 50k, fresh clock on the TB/WP and a clean bill of health.")

Other expenses:

Sales tax (figured at 6% on purchase price- I didn't resarch what NC sales tax is on vehicle) = ~ $2634. One way plane ticket to CA ~ $225. ~92 gallons of premium to drive 2200 miles home ~ $350. Now we're at ~ $47,109 and we still need to insure it and hang license plate(s) on it.

I think now you are in 2002 and newer territory, pricewise. If '97-2001 is what you want, cool. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I believe you could do better...... patience!

For that kind of money I'd hold out and find a deal on an 02+. ESPECIALLY if the car was modded (SC) and reversed.
just my .02c though

For that kind of money I'd hold out and find a deal on an 02+. ESPECIALLY if the car was modded (SC) and reversed.
just my .02c though

So you are saying that he should hold out to find 1 of 99 blk/blk 02-05 w/6spd... okay, good luck, get in line...

-

itrsteve - Glad to hear that the compression test came out good, did they give you the numbers for each cylinder?

Share your route and meet some Primers along the way, congrats!

---and cover the entire car in blue painters tape : )

just my .02c though

97-01 are the only years I'm interested in. Nothing against the fixed lights or anything but the popups is the classic NSX look IMO. Getting a year 2000 car in my desired color combination is near perfect for me.

I've been digging long enough to know that you're sure as hell will not find a clean title 02+ for under 44k anyway. All diagnostic checks from a un-biased 3rd party Acura dealership came out perfectly clean so I do not worry about it being SC'd any longer.

Not to mention it was only reversed because the current owner requested it was taken off at the sale, not because of some mechanical failure or anything. I wouldn't doubt if I put a CTSC in it myself one day anyway.

97-01 are the only years I'm interested in. Nothing against the fixed lights or anything but the popups is the classic NSX look IMO. Getting a year 2000 car in my desired color combination is near perfect for me.

I've been digging long enough to know that you're sure as hell will not find a clean title 02+ for under 44k anyway. All diagnostic checks from a un-biased 3rd party Acura dealership came out perfectly clean so I do not worry about it being SC'd any longer.

Not to mention it was only reversed because the current owner requested it was taken off at the sale, not because of some mechanical failure or anything. I wouldn't doubt if I put a CTSC in it myself one day anyway.

Sounds like you found the perfect car for you then Steve. Congrats on finding exactly what you wanted and it checking out. We all know the "search" can be long and hard especially in finding a clean one.
Welcome to NSX ownership and share pictures once you have it!!

Share your route and meet some Primers along the way, congrats!

---and cover the entire car in blue painters tape : )

Painters tape is an absolute must, I do it for all of my long distance track events in the R.

I will start the drive in tourist mode down the PCH then I will work my way towards I-40 and then take I-40 all the way pretty much to my front door in Raleigh. Normally I would take 80 or 70 as I have friends in most of those major cities but I don't want to shoot that far north and run the risk of salted roads or in-climate weather.

Sounds like you found the perfect car for you then Steve. Congrats on finding exactly what you wanted and it checking out. We all know the "search" can be long and hard especially in finding a clean one.
Welcome to NSX ownership and share pictures once you have it!!

Thanks, I know many have searched much longer than I have... I started scanning the market in mid-september and then got very serious in the late-november timeframe.

I have great regret selling my 2005 M3 which has been nothing short of rock-solid for me but I fully welcome the 100% Acura household (98 ITR, '10 TSX, '00 NSX)

congrats! I am sure you will have a great drive back home

It should be pretty interesting to say the least. I anticipate being rather senile from New Mexico to Arkansas.

Congrats Steve - part of the NSX adventure is the "hunt" - and for me, I will always remember getting the keys from the PO and making that initial drive back home (for me, from Charlotte NC to Virginia Beach VA - not nearly as long as yours, but still a nice drive).

You will no doubt love the NSX ownership experience. Cheers, and glad it all worked out for you! :smile: Jay

Congrats Steve - part of the NSX adventure is the "hunt" - and for me, I will always remember getting the keys from the PO and making that initial drive back home (for me, from Charlotte NC to Virginia Beach VA - not nearly as long as yours, but still a nice drive).

You will no doubt love the NSX ownership experience. Cheers, and glad it all worked out for you! :smile: Jay

The maiden voyages with new cars generally rank on top as some of my more enjoyable days.

ITR #1 - Miami to NC
M3 #1 - DC to NC
ITR #2 - Richmond to NC (worst, torrential downpour in August. Lacking AC at the time)
ITR #3 - Milwaukee to NC
M3 #2 - Dayton to NC

This trip is going to blow the rest out of the water.

Just do it, what other dependable, excellent handling, mid engine limited production car are you going to find for under 50k? These cars are steals, in my opinion.. I would not be surprised to see them go up in value once the new models come out in a year or so.. Dealer told me $170k for a new one..

I just saw this thread. So do you in fact a done deal on this car? I ve been looking at r8's for a while and would need to move my 2001 silverstone.43000 miles comptech s/c Jeff in Raleigh 919-539-8739

I just saw this thread. So do you in fact a done deal on this car? I ve been looking at r8's for a while and would need to move my 2001 silverstone.43000 miles comptech s/c Jeff in Raleigh 919-539-8739

Timing is everything :rolleyes:

Somebody better hop on that 2001

This...

just my .02c though

You can't buy a nice 02+ for that price. High mileage ones that are clean start at 50k

ha! excellent timing!

Yes it is a done deal, the timing belt/water pump job is almost complete (at my expense). I would love to see it before it goes on the chopping block though.

Last edited:
Timing Belt/Water Pump/Oil Change just completed by Acura of Concord, they got to look at it a little further than with the PPI and he said it was perfect... I was honestly expecting a dealership to find something minor to replace.

I fly in next Friday at 11:45am, looking forward to the 3,000 mile journey home.

It is going to be a slowwwwww week.

Oh and I want to thank those on here that shared the PenFed secret, 2.49 on a 12 year old car is absolutely insane!

Last edited:
Oh and I want to thank those on here that shared the PenFed secret, 2.49 on a 12 year old car is absolutely insane!
Ditto - I also got a great rate from Penfed. Other than the odd check they cut for me where both my name and the seller's name was on it, seems like a pretty good bank to work with so far.

Good luck watching the clock this week, I know that feeling well ;)

Back