• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Late Summer BBQ at the Beach

Would like to thank Les, Mario, and Steve for turning a simple idea into reality. The weather was just right, the food was abundant, the people were fun. Thanks NSXCA for taking care of our parking, and the unlimited beverages. Wonderful to meet Alain (Batman) from Norcal: gotta check out his GTO! Nice to see San Diego represent, and Canada (Warren). Thanks Les for the awesome NSX poster--I should have gotten one of each : ) Socal NSXPRIMe just gets bigger and better!

Thanks Les, Mario and Steve for setting this up! It was great to meet SD people and Batman from Bay Area. Here are some pics:

P1010765.jpg

P1010762.jpg

P1010769.jpg

P1010770.jpg

P1010766.jpg

P1010772.jpg

P1010774.jpg

P1010773.jpg

P1010780.jpg

P1010785.jpg

P1010787.jpg

P1010786.jpg

P1010797.jpg

P1010760-1.jpg

P1010771.jpg

P1010791.jpg

P1010790.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, sorry I missed you guys and gals. By the time I was ready to head down there almost everyone was gone. Catch you guys next time.

Since we're handing out "thanks", a big "THANKS" to Les "LMR" for making this happen. Special thanks to Mario for bringing about 2 tons of tables, chairs and that awesome flagpole. Another thanks to Les for printing some nice poster-sized frame art of an NSX logo to hand out to all attendees. Awesome!

What a great bunch of people. And the food- it was out of control! The only sour notes was the rather gloomy weather for the better part of the morning (only to turn bright and sunny by noon) and Ramon getting a speeding ticket. That sucks. But if you're going to do triple digit speeds on PCH in Huntington Beach, home of a police department equipped like the Navy Seals that operates like the Roman Empire, you gotta accept the consequences. :rolleyes:

We'll definitely do this again!

Les and helpers,

Great event. Had lots of fun meeting new people, and well as some old. Def. Will participate again. I hope I brought enough cups and utensils for everyone. I had to leave a little early.

I kind of enjoyed the gloomy climate, not so hot. Great people!!

FYI: Ramon only got a speeding ticket. It was not triple digits. If it was, his car would be a crushed coke can by now. So let's not make everyone think he was reckless. He was just excited to get to the BBQ :biggrin:

FYI 2: I finally got a chance to wear my NSXPO LAS VEGAS POLO shirt :wink:

Last edited:
..... Also, nice to see SD people and Batman!! from Bay Area........

..... We had 2 special guests, Warren all the way from Canada and the one any only Batmans (Alain) from NorCal........

I had fun. I really had a good time with ya'll. thanks for the poster Les.

........ Wonderful to meet Alain (Batman) from Norcal: gotta check out his GTO!..........

You like sitting in that GTO didn't ya? That's how I got hooked....

.......FYI: Ramon only got a speeding ticket. It was not triple digits. If it was, his car would be a crushed coke can by now. So let's not make everyone think he was reckless.........

And sorry for blocking your line of vision for the officer behind me.

Huge Thank You to Les (LMR) for organizing the event and getting out to the beach super early to snag a Prime real estate spot on the beach. Overcast weather aside, I had a great time (as always with NSX owner company) and the food spread was amazing too. It was great to see all the new faces and catch up with those I haven't seen in a long time. :biggrin:

Hope to see some of you on the Cal Coastal drive in October.

I'll be posting up some pix later-so keep your eyes out for an edit on this post! :tongue:

A big thanks to Les, Mario, Steve (and NSXCA) and all the participants for making this a great BBQ meet.
The kids loved it too!!!

Got to meet the old and new members.

Thank you Les for the posters. Now I gotta find a nice spot to show them off. Say "hi" to Irene for us.

Beach goers got some nice eye candies to gawk at in the parking lot too.
I was there like a salesman...I could've sold a couple NSX there:biggrin:

Last edited:
Yes, another sunday event missed out. All the more rrason for a new job lol. Mike and john hit me up about how i missed a good event. Hopefully i can make the next major meet. And les, you know im gona hit you up about a poster now lol.

Yes, another sunday event missed out. All the more rrason for a new job lol. Mike and john hit me up about how i missed a good event. Hopefully i can make the next major meet. And les, you know im gona hit you up about a poster now lol.

What poster:confused:. I don't know what everyone is talking about..................................................:tongue:
You will have to pay for it since it was a giveaway for people who came to the BBQ:wink:.

Some pics of us having 1lb breakfast burritos (premeet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317074811.564409.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317074811.564409.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 55
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317074880.120763.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317074880.120763.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317074934.686339.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317074934.686339.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 55
A few more pics with Toms wife and our friends Patrick and Karen

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317075064.300325.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317075064.300325.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317075118.479677.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317075118.479677.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 49
I didn't play close enough attention and my memory for names sucks but I really want to thank the young lady who cooked the meats for us. I had an absolutely delicious hot dog. I've never been much of a cook so I really appreciate those who do it.

P1010762.jpg

^The young lady in the yellow top using Mario's BBQ Thank you!

Last edited:
I didn't play close enough attention and my memory for names sucks but I really want to thank the young lady who cooked the meats for us. I had an absolutely delicious hot dog. I've never been much of a cook so I really appreciate those who do it.

Thanks patty for the lemon bars and brownies :)

Thank you to the members for making this happen. It was my first meet as well. Nice to meet new members and finally see the nice NSX's in person instead of pictures on the forum. Thank you for the great food and the cool poster. I will post up pics this weekend (left my camera at my brothers).

Last edited:
Thanks Les and Mario for organizing the event and bringing the BBQ essentials. Me and April certainly had a blast! It was a pleasure meeting everyone I was able to meet and catching up with familiar faces.

I hope everyone enjoyed the chicken-stick BBQ's! :wink:

I didn't know my gf took a good amount of pics of the cars and the people, but here's a few that I quickly uploaded to my album. I have more pics of the members at the eating area, but I don't know if you guys wanted your pics posted. :smile:

@ Kyras: That was my gf April who was cooking. She had a great time! I showed her your post and she said you're very welcome! By the way thanks for the delicious lemon bars and the famous brownies!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

@ Kyras: That was my gf April who was cooking. She had a great time! I showed her your post and she said you're very welcome! By the way thanks for the delicious lemon bars and the famous brownies!
I'm glad you told April thank you for me. You're welcome for the goodies. :smile:

Back