• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Late Summer BBQ at the Beach

LMR

Legendary Member
Mario (mcano) had requested on another thread to have a drive to a nice beach to spend the day. So I'm checking interest for having a BBQ at a local SoCal beach on Sunday September 25th. I'm leaning towards having it at Huntington Beach for 3 reasons. First they have very large parking lots. Second it's more central in hopes of drawing some of the San Diego group to come. Third it's close to me to make setting up this event easier. Post here if interested.

UPDATE

The date is set for September 25th. I need to get a head count so if you are on the list PM me if you are going and if you are bringing someone, include names please.

This is still open so if you are not on the list post with how many are going so I can add you to the list.

NEW UPDATE

The BBQ will be in Huntington Beach at PCH and Brookhurst St from 10:00 am on. Just take the Bookhurst exit south off the 405 freeway and go about 4 miles straight into the parking lot. We will have a banner up so you can find us. If someone has an NSX banner let me know. If not I'll make one.

I was hoping to get some funds from NSXCA to help defer some costs (parking) but they are busy with NSXPO so it doesn't look good. Anyways that was never the driving force behind this event. This was always about getting NSX people together to have a good time. We will do pot luck for food so please start posting what you can bring. This can be anything from food and condiments to paper plates, plastic ware, cups, ect. We also will need a couple of BBQ's. Parking is $15.00. There is free parking on Brookhurst but it is kind of a long walk.

Still waiting for some people on the list to confirm they can make it on the 25th. Need to keep the list accurate so people know how much food, ect to bring. People can be added to the list right up till the last day.

NEWER UPDATE

Just when I thought we would get no help, Don from NSXCA came back with some good news. First I want to thank Steve (YellowHaze) for his help with this. The NSXCA will pay for parking for all NSXCA members BUT will also put up money to pay for ALL the beverages. This way the members will get to see some benifits of membership. Just have your member number so we can verify. For members, save the receipt from parking and we will reimburse you at the event. We need to have the reciept to show NSXCA.

I am in no way pushing this on anyone but if you do join before this event and come the cost of membership will be only $25.00. $40.00 membership minus $15.00 for parking equals $25.00 total. AGAIN, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO COME!!!!!!

I plan to use funds for future events so people will see more benifits to membership.

We need people to let us know what you are bringing for the pot luck!!

*****We need some volleyballs as there are 4 courts there.******

All, lets shoot for 50 NSX's!!!! Contact your NSX friends that do not know about this BBQ or that have not yet signed up. Its going to be a real fun event!!!!!

Can't hardly wait!

Mario

I agree, let's get the word out!!

NSXCA members make sure to get a receipt from the parking attendant as we can’t reimburse you without it!

1. LMR (Les & Irene) Hot dogs and buns, easy up cover, table and ice chest
2. Theo1 (Ted & Deanna) Porto's cheese rolls
3. PhAnToM (Marc & April) Veggie burger patties, buns, cheese slices,*extra* condiments for burgers (mayo, ketchup, relish, mustard, lettuce)
4. GO KRT (Alan & Jill) Salad and maybe cupcake
5. liftnot (Tim) Veggie dip
6. audax (Ryan +1) Something for the grill
7. Kyras (Patty) Shrimp and cocktail sauce, lemon bars and brownies?
8. Fixit (Dwayne & Paula) Baked beans and two cranberry pecan pies
9. Track Addict (Jonathan) Chips and salsa
10. mike2la (Mike & Angela) Potato salad, 7-layer dip & tortilla chips
11. Miner (Mark)
12. Ric (Ric) Fried rice
13. YellowHaze (Steve)
14. BryziNSX (Bryana +1) Home-made cornbread
15. socalx (Tom +1) Desserts
16. NSX3tek (Chris & Michelle + kids) MARINATED CHICKENS WINGS+ROUND GRILL
17. mcano (Mario & Sally) BBQ, 3 easy up covers, 3 tables, chairs and music
18. wirewizz (John +1) Macaroni salad
19. David Loomis (David +1) Fried rice
20. Mark G (Mark & Flo) Eggrolls
21. jfsa82 (John) Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, and some chips
22. MarineNSX93 (Michael) Paper plates, forks, spoons, knives and napkins
23. Striker525 (Ron)
24. NEANG1 (Neang)
25. RQNSX (Ramon +1)
26. nsxtf#256 (Tom & Dorene)
27. bc777 (Mike +1) Cups and forks
28. HGL1668 (Hugo)
29. jagtiger (Henry +1) Sweet corns on the cob
30. RYU (Regan)
31. Heartbeat (George & Daina) Pie
32. Mike & Barbara Hamburger patties
33. DSTNSX (Danny +1)
34. warrenw (Warren +1)
35. Ogs Rex (Jeff & Tracy)
36. JZ Twins (Frank)
37. ediddynsx (Eddie)

Last edited:
I think that would be a great idea. This would be a great opportunity to wrap up the "summer" before the NSX "dormant" season. Also, it would be great to meet more San Diego NSXers and get to meet new friends in a more "picnic-recreation" environment. I'm all for it--it !! Count me +1 in

I'd be interested in going but I would only be able to make it if it was the last weekend in Sept since I will be out of town the first weekend in Oct. (8-9th)

I'd be interested in going but I would only be able to make it if it was the last weekend in Sept since I will be out of town the first weekend in Oct. (8-9th)

The first weekend in October will be the 1st and 2nd.

I could use your help with getting the word out in SD.

Last edited:
Lesss. Sup man. Again, like scs, i have a random sunday off oct. 2. If its that date im in. Me and cole will be there.... Who wants to see the avitar in her avitar bikini lol.

Theo......This is a southern california thread....what's a "dormant" season around here? Besides, mine is a daily driver. I'm interested in ANY gathering of a group of NSX's so keep me in the loop here.

I'm interested. No preference on which day.

Patty

http://huntingtonbeachevents.com/calendar.html#September
^Here's a link to the Huntington Beach Events Calendar. We once were set for a beach meet but it was the same day as a surfing contest and I, and others, just gave up. There was no parking and it was grid locked.

Last edited:
Oct. 1-2 is good for me.

a suggestion: Vance(BD) has a business in HB perhaps we can go there after BBQ to watch the Senna DVD if someone has a copy who knows Vance can arrange this?

I was thinkng the same thing but was going to wait to see how much interest there was in the BBQ first before asking Vance about stopping by. He has a copy so that part is easy.

Theo......This is a southern california thread....what's a "dormant" season around here? Besides, mine is a daily driver. I'm interested in ANY gathering of a group of NSX's so keep me in the loop here.

Only meant "dormant" in terms of the busy holiday season that lies ahead. But you're right, SoCal is pretty immune to any extreme weather and the SoCal community should continuously keep active.

Last edited:
wish i could go - im getting married on the 1st! :eek::biggrin:

I'm interested. No preference on which day.

Patty

http://huntingtonbeachevents.com/calendar.html#September
^Here's a link to the Huntington Beach Events Calendar. We once were set for a beach meet but it was the same day as a surfing contest and I, and others, just gave up. There was no parking and it was grid locked.

Thanks Patty, one less thing I need to search for:smile:

wish i could go - im getting married on the 1st! :eek::biggrin:

Come on, what better way to start the honeymoon than with a BBQ at the beach.......:tongue:
Congrats:smile:

Gotta love the interest from SD so far!!

Last edited:
Les and I spoke yesterday about him coordinating this BBQ event in Huntington Beach. Once again, Les steps to the event planning plate. Way to go, Les!

I will contact NSXCA to inquire into utilizing club funds to defray some of the costs of this planned event on Sunday, Oct. 2. This may include the parking, buying food, etc. Club funds are reserved for the benefit of club members only, so perhaps this can work as an incentive for non-members to join and gain an additional and immediate benefit. :biggrin:

Some of us HB locals will arrive to the gathering place early and rope-off enough parking so we can park together and in safety.

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. Theo1 (Ted +1)
3. PhAnToM
4. SuperSonic +1
5. GO KRT
6. liftnot
7. audax
8. Kyras
9. g3driver?
10. Fixit
11. Track Addict
12. mike2la
13. Miner?
14. Ric
15. YellowHaze

I'm tentatively in for October 2 with the better half. Will confirm later in the week. Be happy to help with the prep and setup if needed.

Just to be clear. This is NOT a NSXCA members only event, everyone is invited.:smile: More details will follow soon. Also October 2nd is the probable date, still checking interest.

Last edited:
Back