• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leather Seat Restoration

Doesnt post #29 give you the info for this color?
Nope. I gave JoAnn this info and all this data just tells her the trials, not the final color. She called me today though and may have located a sample from another NSX owner from a sale in 2004. She's going to send me a sample for matching and then all I have to do is call her with the OK/not OK. She is a great person to deal with!

Does anyone have any info on how the repaired seats wear? Does it resist wear as well as the original leather, or is it prone to wear at a more rapid pace?

it will wear faster. once the top grain of leather is removed/altered it becomes less durable. i am not saying that redoing the seats is a bad idea, it is far better than messed-up chairs, just understand what you get.

edit: i used to watch professionals do it on used cars at a dealer years ago and sometimes the stuff would come off in couple of months- it is all about how you prep and finish it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just refinished my drivers seat with the chemicals supplied from Colorplus.com. Joanne is great to work with. I hope the finish lasts. It's fairly easy to do. The costs were about $100.00 and will do both seats.

Attachments

• nsx 183.jpg
    nsx 183.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 349
  • nsx 184.jpg
    nsx 184.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 359
I restored my seats awhile back. The truth is that the restoration only last about 1.5 year before the seats start showing wear again. I don't think I will restore the seats again, but instead saving up some $$$ for a new set of leather.

I restored my seats awhile back. The truth is that the restoration only last about 1.5 year before the seats start showing wear again. I don't think I will restore the seats again, but instead saving up some $$$ for a new set of leather.

I agree and new leathers are on my to do list...just not sure how I want to do them...decisions decisions.

If folks are interested and I remember to take some pics tomorrow of my seats I'll post them. I bought John's (caz-nsx) NSX which is listed in this thread so it's been four years since he refinished them. I just applied Lexol conditioner to them the other day and they're looking pretty good, but there are still some cracks visible in the bolster.

Four years after refinishing -

DSCN4025.jpg

DSCN4024.jpg

The only real wear spot is the driver's left bolster. Otherwise they're holding up pretty good.

The passenger seat still looks great but it hardly gets used, I didn't bother with pictures.

Back