• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leather Seats Worked Out Great

I bought a set of salvage seats here on Prime and replaced the covers myself. I used a Leatherseats kit and it was pretty easy to install. Take your time and use a steamer and it all works out pretty easily. The difference between a good install and a bad one is patience.IMG_7163.JPG

I bought a set of salvage seats here on Prime and replaced the covers myself. I used a Leatherseats kit and it was pretty easy to install. Take your time and use a steamer and it all works out pretty easily. The difference between a good install and a bad one is patience.
Nice job. I used these too on my 91 and they came out great.

Nice work. How many hours per seat did it take you?
The first one took about four hours and the second one about two. The major difference was by the second one I understood how the seats assemble and I realized where to punch the holes for the fasteners was not rocket science so it went faster. \

What leather option did you go with?
That a full leather kit?
What tools did you use exactly?

I want to redo my stock seats and sell my custom wrapped Brides so bad. But the fit on the ones I see are so hit or miss. Yours could pass for factory OEM. Great Job!

What leather option did you go with?
That a full leather kit?
What tools did you use exactly?

I want to redo my stock seats and sell my custom wrapped Brides so bad. But the fit on the ones I see are so hit or miss. Yours could pass for factory OEM. Great Job!
You will need a steamer, hog ring pliers and the plastic push pins that hold the upholstery to the frame. This was the full leather kit with the higher grade leather at Leatherseats.com. The best explanation for how to do it is watch their video as that is what I did and this was my first time.

@mooney56 I've rebuilt a few Honda seats before with new/different cloth skins and used a strong zip tie instead of new hog rings. Worked out great and took much less time to reassemble.

I feel like the cloth seat material has more give and the leather would likely need the hog rings to stay stretched tight?

Looks great btw. Also did you use the premium or 100% leather option?

Back