• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus LF-A Supercar still on track for production

"Lexus LF-A Will Go Into Production… Finally

With everyone pulling out of the upcoming Tokyo Auto Show, Toyota has chosen wisely to ensure all eyes are on its Lexus luxury brand when it drops the curtain on a production model of the breathtakingly beautiful LA-F supercar… finally!

First teased at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit alongside the IS-F concept, which saw production shortly thereafter, the LF-A has had an uncertain future for almost as long as it has had a future. Rumors that the project was being canceled increased significantly after the vehicles poor performance (due to a crash) at the Nürburgring 24 Hour race last year.

We can vividly recall Bob Carter, Lexus Group VP and GM saying that , “I’m sure you are wondering what the next “F” marque car will be. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long, or look too far (pointing at the LF-A concept), for that announcement.

The production model is expected to keep the concept car’s 600hp V10 engine and promises to be more than just a straight-line luxury performer with past rumors of a 7:24 Nürburgring lap time still fresh in the minds of, well, everyone."

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2009/03/lexus-lf-a-will-go-into-production-finally.html

"Lexus LF-A Will Go Into Production… Finally

With everyone pulling out of the upcoming Tokyo Auto Show, Toyota has chosen wisely to ensure all eyes are on its Lexus luxury brand when it drops the curtain on a production model of the breathtakingly beautiful LA-F supercar… finally!

First teased at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit alongside the IS-F concept, which saw production shortly thereafter, the LF-A has had an uncertain future for almost as long as it has had a future. Rumors that the project was being canceled increased significantly after the vehicles poor performance (due to a crash) at the Nürburgring 24 Hour race last year.

We can vividly recall Bob Carter, Lexus Group VP and GM saying that , “I’m sure you are wondering what the next “F” marque car will be. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long, or look too far (pointing at the LF-A concept), for that announcement.

The production model is expected to keep the concept car’s 600hp V10 engine and promises to be more than just a straight-line luxury performer with past rumors of a 7:24 Nürburgring lap time still fresh in the minds of, well, everyone."

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2009/03/lexus-lf-a-will-go-into-production-finally.html

I hate to be a downer here but this is not anything official. Carter saying there may be an announcement and pointing over in some direction which may have been the bathroom but which the writer assumes is the LF-A?

I'm all for them producing it and I hope it does well but if they keep the price at $150k+ I think it will crash and burn. They seem to be having great success with the IS-F but $150K+ is uncharted territory for any Japanese car and we all know what happened to the NSX during tough economic times.

I will really be surprised if Lexus announces this car will hit the streets before 2012. There's just no way they will want to sell this car until the economy is in much better shape and from all indications this recession is going to last for a while.

For 09 F1 season just started. Toyota has been quite impressive with their first GP this year. Hence if they perform well enough this year as a real contender. Production LF-A might be available as soon as 2010/11? Win on sunday sell on monday right? :biggrin:

I hate to be a downer here but this is not anything official. Carter saying there may be an announcement and pointing over in some direction which may have been the bathroom but which the writer assumes is the LF-A?

I'm all for them producing it and I hope it does well but if they keep the price at $150k+ I think it will crash and burn. They seem to be having great success with the IS-F but $150K+ is uncharted territory for any Japanese car and we all know what happened to the NSX during tough economic times.

I will really be surprised if Lexus announces this car will hit the streets before 2012. There's just no way they will want to sell this car until the economy is in much better shape and from all indications this recession is going to last for a while.

Yeah Autoblog is saying this is a rumor as well.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/24/rumormill-production-lexus-lf-a-toyobaru-coupe-coming-to-tokyo/

For what it's worth I hope they do it as well. With some much bad news and cutting and scrapping of everything be nice to have something like this to get excited about. Even if I can't afford it:biggrin:

Back