• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Look what i found

I was a member on this site about 3 years ago, when i was doing research for a new car... i chose to build a rx7 with an LS1, and passed the chance to get the nsx... now i am getting the nsx because financially it is a smart move... here's the car

1993 NSX
Black on Black 5 speed
7,300 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Acura aftermarket headers, and other dealer installed accesories
been in a climate garage the whole time
getting it for about 18k from my neighbor finally..

So pretty much any issues i should look for on the car... it has been sitting a while, but i drove it about 6 months ago and it seemed to drive fine... he is holding it until i sell my car, he said for up to a year... haha, so 1993 RX7 with LS1 for sale... any advice on the NSX, and and here's a link to the RX7...
http://www.v8rx7forum.com/cars-sale/51959-1993-rx7-ls1-t56-black-tan-clean.html

timing belt, water pump, new hoses etc etc.. but jesus christ if thats legit, that is the best deal i have ever seen in my life.. wow id buy that right now if you dont want it :D

yeah i let it slide back in the day, because all i wanted was speed, but now i am coming back to it... my neighbor has owned it the whole time... once the rx7 sells, i am going to pick it up, and hold on to it, and sell it if i dont fall in love with it

Someone give this man an award for the best NSX deal ever! What else does your neighbor want to sell?

well actually funny you ask... he is a big car guy, and is 78 years old... he has the nsx which he says is his favorite, because its easy to drive... he has a 1991 m5 with 13000 miles... a new silverado ss with 950hp(his daily)... and my favorite that i have drolled over.. he has a bunch actually, ill ask him, because he keeps most in florida at his house...

well actually funny you ask... he is a big car guy, and is 78 years old... he has the nsx which he says is his favorite, because its easy to drive... he has a 1991 m5 with 13000 miles... a new silverado ss with 950hp(his daily)... and my favorite that i have drolled over.. he has a bunch actually, ill ask him, because he keeps most in florida at his house...

Holy cow that's the deal of the century! I want to know what else he is selling too...I live in Florida, willing to travel:biggrin:

i believe he told me he had a f40 in florida, but i am not sure... it wouldnt surprise me, but he really is the coolest older guy around... really chill... i think i have been buggin him since like age 5, but ill ask him next time i see him until then i have to sell the rx7... yall see it...
http://www.v8rx7forum.com/cars-sale/51959-1993-rx7-ls1-t56-black-tan-clean.html
if you want it, ill give yall the same price as i give v8rx7forum... guess this will be my new family for a while, haha

Nice Find...Thats a great price. Expect to spend $1700 on a timing belt and water pump, and you probably should replace ALL the fluids, the coolant hoses and the tires for starters. Its not good for any car to sit... It may be worth mid 30K's once the maintenence is up to date, which could cost 4 or 5 grand. Once you get the car, you can post in the forum in your geographical area and find a reputable NSX tech to do the work unless you want to tackle it yourself.

Nice Find...Thats a great price. Expect to spend $1700 on a timing belt and water pump, and you probably should replace ALL the fluids, the coolant hoses and the tires for starters. Its not good for any car to sit... It may be worth mid 30K's once the maintenence is up to date, which could cost 4 or 5 grand. Once you get the car, you can post in the forum in your geographical area and find a reputable NSX tech to do the work unless you want to tackle it yourself.

I would think its worth closer to 40K with that kind of mileage. In any case if you are in or near central florida, I highly recommend taking it to first class automotive for your service work.

I would think its worth closer to 40K with that kind of mileage. In any case if you are in or near central florida, I highly recommend taking it to first class automotive for your service work.

Not sure I agree with you in today's economy. But it only takes one buyer.

ok this is going to sound weird too... am i better keeping the car stock, value wise, or just doing what i want? and the radio in this one crackles sometimes, possible recall or something?

ok this is going to sound weird too... am i better keeping the car stock, value wise, or just doing what i want? and the radio in this one crackles sometimes, possible recall or something?

The speakers probably need to be rebuilt. Possibly the head unit too. Do a search and you will find some good info. Its in the Wiki as well.

If you do too many mods you will limit your market of potential buyers. Try to keep them as bolt on so you can always revert back to stock.

The footwell amp on the pass side needs rebuilt and possibly the amps in the doors as well. Member BrianK offers that service along with the CCU rebuild.

little update, i had the car today, and scheduled a PPI, my friend is the tech, so it will only cost me a cheeseburger...

Nice! Unless its been in two pieces super glued back together I think its a BUY.

little update, i had the car today, and scheduled a PPI, my friend is the tech, so it will only cost me a cheeseburger...

what a great combo

super crazy low mileage nsx + cheeseburger costing PPI =
DEAL OF A LIFETIME

pics is a must

yeah ill definately get some... to be honest a motor behind the driver is something that takes getting used to... hearing it rev behind you is kind of :eek:

o yeah, i did notice this too... the paint looks kind of swirled, maybe from getting dusty and rub, idk.... anything that really gets them out.. i know claybar, but i dont think that would do it, something good, and that doesnt require a buffer, i am a butcher with a buffer

Deal of the century! What a guy to wait a year too! TB/WT, tires and all fluids should get you started.

Man, some people have all the luck!

Just look at the frenzy you've started,LOL. You better buy this car before the owner realizes what it's worth. Forget the TB/WP service. At that price you can have it all done and still be waaaaaaaaaaay ahead. How about some pics!

Back