• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking at a couple 91's - Sold my S2000

So just sold the S2000 yesterday and have had my eye on NSX's for awhile might be making the jump soon, I found a 91 NSX w/37k miles, manual and everything is perfect and the carfax is clean, I was just wondering what you guys thought the value of it is? I personally am guessing it's worth around $32-35k based on what I have seen on here and around the net. Do you guys agree?

Also, looking at a 91 that's quite a bit cheaper and has some mods that I like, but mileage is 115k. I have no problem with the higher mileage and the price difference + mods makes up for it enough for me to consider it. How much does the 120k mile service cost? Also, in good condition I feel that this car would be valued around $27k is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
whats the link to the car your looking at it might help us give you a better idea.

high mileage doesnt mean sh_t to these cars, I got mine for 21K last year with 115,000 Miles on the clock no major issue yet and drive it everyday.

as for the 120K service, tb/wp valve adjustment, new seals, is about 2500
new clutch kit OEM depending on where you go about 2400.

heres a link that I tell all people wanting to jump into an NSX to read this and print it out take with them to look at the car.

NSX Buyer Guide heres the link
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/index.html

Also its will be the best car you have ever owned, if you get one.

If you want a well documented car then call me.. :smile:

Miles don't mean anything it's a HONDA!!
Clutch as stated about $2400, look around and MAYBE 2k.
Timing belt water pump about $1100.
Everything else is normal maintenance.

27k for a 91 with mods and 115k....keep looking.

If you want to spend over 30k, get a 97 with a few miles...targa top, 6 speed, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

If you want to spend lower 20's I have a 95 black/black NSX-t with 148k for sale.

Get any NSX and you'll LOVE it!

Just make sure whatever you buy has well documented service history so there are no surprises. You want to see regular fluid changes besides just the big ticket items. Problems with the air conditioning can also be expensive.

Miles don't mean anything it's a HONDA!!
Clutch as stated about $2400, look around and MAYBE 2k.
Timing belt water pump about $1100.
Everything else is normal maintenance.

27k for a 91 with mods and 115k....keep looking.

If you want to spend over 30k, get a 97 with a few miles...targa top, 6 speed, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

If you want to spend lower 20's I have a 95 black/black NSX-t with 148k for sale.

Get any NSX and you'll LOVE it!

I think that timing belt quote is a little low. I would estimate between 1500-1700 to do it out of the car and replace some vital seals and major coolant hoses.

There is still quite a bit of price difference between the NA2s and NA1s. I haven't seen a well documented NA2 sell for under $40K in a while

Dennis is right...... also high miles doesnt equate to it being need to be afraid of it....but everyone has their preferences.....I preferred a low mileage NSX when I was looking for one myself. Less mileage usually equates to less wear and tear of the car internally and externally.

All up to you and your budget.....in buying low production used exotic cars it basically goes on how bad you want the car. You want a low mileage well maintained and babied car then prepare to pay close to what the owner is asking.

A lot of people would say I over paid for my car but I felt it was worth the asking price...there wasn't that many 91's under 25K miles when I bought mines.

saw the price guide on wiki right after I posted, thanks guys for all your help, I am in talks with someone right now

Back