• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for history on '99 VIN Jh4na2161xt000209

I'm seriously considering buying NSX Prime member DaveS' '99. I figure he won't mind if I ask around about the car.

I've talked to him (Nice guy) and he gave me a bunch of great info, but unfortunately he got the car through his job rather than from the previous owner, and all the service history documentation and mod history is in the wind. Info that I usually find pretty important on a high performance car.

It looks like a great car, and with the mods I have been looking for, but with no real concrete history of the car available, I hoped that someone here might be able to fill me in on the missing info or put me in contact with the previous owner.

I'm assuming it's been a California car, and Dave lives up in the Bay area, if that sparks any memories. I liberated the pic below from his "for sale" post. Hope that's cool.

Attachments

• P1010105a.jpg
    P1010105a.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 98
car had 3 owners and no accident reported on carfax! Last owner shows having it for 4 months on the report... Looks cleaning than the one I almost got stuck with.. Good Luck

car had 3 owners and no accident reported on carfax! Last owner shows having it for 4 months on the report... Looks cleaning than the one I almost got stuck with.. Good Luck

I saw your post. You had a bad experience for sure. Too bad, since the NSX you had looked so nice. Nothing worse than feeling mislead.

And thanks for running the Carfax. Saved me some $$.

Anyway, I guess the seller Dave works for a Porkchop dealership and is a Porsche guy, but apparently this NSX was sexy enough for him to have a four month fling:wink:

I'm not judging. Who hasn't been there?

Maximus said:
Wow, car looks great! Which rims are those?

HRE. I don't know which type. But I will, muhahahah

Last edited:
Ahh, that's right, I remember reading his post on Prime about buying the car from the Porsche dealership he was working for. I think Prime member ChopsJazz has more info on that car. He may know the history of it.

Ahh, that's right, I remember reading his post on Prime about buying the car from the Porsche dealership he was working for. I think Prime member ChopsJazz has more info on that car. He may know the history of it.

Cool, and thanks. I'll PM Chopsjazz if he doesn't pop in here after a spell.

I'm seriously considering buying NSX Prime member DaveS' '99. I figure he won't mind if I ask around about the car.

I've talked to him (Nice guy) and he gave me a bunch of great info, but unfortunately he got the car through his job rather than from the previous owner, and all the service history documentation and mod history is in the wind. Info that I usually find pretty important on a high performance car.

It looks like a great car, and with the mods I have been looking for, but with no real concrete history of the car available, I hoped that someone here might be able to fill me in on the missing info or put me in contact with the previous owner.

I'm assuming it's been a California car, and Dave lives up in the Bay area, if that sparks any memories. I liberated the pic below from his "for sale" post. Hope that's cool.

Irsudog, that is one great looking NSX that your looking at. Exactly like my last one but I got tired of the color to fast but not to say that isn't a great looking car. Pull the trigger on it before it goes!

Attachments

• nsx4.bmp
    20.3 KB · Views: 47
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=733384&postcount=411
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=733421&postcount=413

I talked to Dave about the car. It's been in a collision somewhere in it life... the lines on the passenger side (door/fender) aren't quite right. You can also tell by the subtle change in tone on the paint. The car has been highly modded but was tastefully done. It has a bar and belts inside so I suspect it's been on the track. Along with the CTSC and more goodies. He told me the person that traded it in was from San Francisco..:confused:

Dave didn't know much about the car, he'd driven mostly Audi's in the past. I brought to his attention the need to have the timing belt changed and he was getting prices on that last I spoke with him.

When I saw the car it was just coming back from having the wheels repainted and some touch up on the bumper if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
It is sharp for sure. I'll be taking a trip up to check it out ASAP.

That being said, without some basic history on a car, it's hard to know what I'm getting into. Don't want to buy a diamond with hidden flaws.

He shared with me what he paid for it. He picked it up for what his dealer offered for it as a trade in..

Back