• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

History behind this 1991 - JH4NA1154MT002713

This may be a long shot, but if any of the previous owner(s) are on this forum can you please chime in? The current owner told me it has a salvage title. I asked the reason behind it and he said it was in a minor fender bender. I know that happens from time to time, but a minor incident usually does not warrant a salvage title so I was just curious what's the story behind this car.

430620532_391945950442881_5927529043283224027_n.jpg

432444011_391948460442630_7308004632256338924_n.jpg

432433526_391945947109548_7430252417154198331_n.jpg

431444050_391945963776213_8061126348747194061_n.jpg

Was reported as salvage title in 92 and shipped to the Dominican republic where it spent most of its life and title was reissued in florida with a rebuilt title in 21 davis acura in PA was the selling dealership

1710791477304.png

Last edited:
Was reported as salvage title in 92 and shipped to the Dominican republic where it spent most of its life and title was reissued in florida with a rebuilt title in 21 davis acura in PA was the selling dealership

Thanks for the info. I tired to google the VIN to see if there were any auction photos, but something that old would be non-existent.

On a side note, the seller has been trying to sell it for 6 months now. He just reduced the asking price by $10k, which now puts it into my price range.

That car needed a passport....check compression ect..but If you do buy it you may be looking at 10k plus if you can't do all the work to get it to proper mechanical reliable condition.

On a side note, the seller has been trying to sell it for 6 months now. He just reduced the asking price by $10k, which now puts it into my price range.

I misspoke. The seller had first listed it on Novmber of 2023 for $65k obo. He later pulled the ad down after 2 weeks. He recently just relisted the car last week for $55k obo.

Regardless, I think I'm going to wait a bit. I'm still a little busy with my last semester and planning for graduation in 7 weeks. Thanks for the input everyone.

Just no. There is literally nothing right with that car.

The ad said the car needed a little TLC, but that he was open to offers.

Age old saying but typically the cheapest example you can find will end up being the most expensive example to own. I would save up more to bring your budget into nicer examples. To address deficiencies on these cars can be an expensive affair.

The seller said the car has a small valve cover gasket leak, the speedometer does not work, and the check engine light is on. He was going to K-swap it but he has a baby on the way and wants to let it go for a reasonable price.

The seller said the car has a small valve cover gasket leak, the speedometer does not work, and the check engine light is on.

I don't doubt that those issues are on the long list of things that are wrong.

The car is a basket case. If you didn't already have a job, and wanted to go into the auto scrapyard business, it might be worth a few dollars for parts. But if you're looking for a car you can drive, you'll be very unhappy if you buy that one -- at any price.

You guys don’t have to worry. Just for fun I asked the seller what’s the lowest he would take. I guess he got offended becuase he ended the conversation after that lol.

Just for fun I asked the seller what’s the lowest he would take. I guess he got offended becuase he ended the conversation after that lol.

I don't know what that thing is, but it's everywhere: The guy with the worst car for sale is the most easily insulted by a low offer, the client with the worst payment record always wants the most special treatment, etc.

Mrs. Fastfwd and I competed to see who could find the most missing or wrong parts on the car in those photos. Not including the engine, I found 23 and she found 15... But she saw one that I didn't, so combined we found 24. Would be 30+ if we counted pairs as 2 instead of 1.

I wish that was the only one. I was looking at VIN: JH4NA1287TT000123, 96, auto, 177k, rebuilt title out of FL. He had originally listed it for $65k (LMAO) but after 8 months of sitting he finally lowered it down to $45k. I offered him $38k cash, he flat out said "no". I tried to negotiate with him by pointing out that VIN: JH4NA1261MT003146 sold for low $40ks and VIN: JH4NA1262MT001891 sold for $45k. Again, I guess he got offended because after sending him those links he stopped engaging with me.

s-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600.jpg

Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. It probably all works out, because the SO wants to start remodeling the house soon. I still want an NSX, but I'll take everyone's advice and save up more and wait for the right one.

Last edited:
guys who are selling a pig with fancy lipstick are not looking for an informed buyer,,,they will keep on until they snare a sucker..

guys who are selling a pig with fancy lipstick are not looking for an informed buyer,,,they will keep on until they snare a sucker..
True story.

That said, nothing wrong with a bit of a basket case if you're willing to get your hands dirty. :)

That said, nothing wrong with a bit of a basket case if you're willing to get your hands dirty. :)

I wasn't opposed to car in my OP. I was acutally planning on bringing my mechanic to check it out this weekend. But since he stopped replying, everyone was like "F*** him, there will be more red NSX for sale".

Back