• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for NSX techs in SoCal

haha yea max speed in 1st gear is 41 mph and 2nd gear is something like 71 mph if I remember correctly.... USDM gears are much longer so yea i think its short gears already..

what would be nice to have is the NSX-R final drive :biggrin:

Had my headers installed at Niguel. Ramon is awesome. I will be taking my car back to him. Worth the drive from the north county area of San Diego.

Thank you Ramon

I wish I had a reason to go see Ramon (and Steve). Comptech has not made my adapter pipes for my Taitec GT lightweight exhaust and seem to be ignoring requests from RJ for status. :mad:

Sorry to hear you are stuck waiting for adapter pipes. I just went through this less than a month ago. The pipes were backordered and it took 3 weeks before some showed up, then had to be made. Did you contact all of the vendors who may possibly have a set (Driving Ambition, DALI, SOS)? Unfortunately they were all waiting on stock too when I needed them, but they may have some left now.

However, they were always responsive to me at CT when I contacted them, always responded quickly and got them sent to me through Driving Ambition once they were ready. Just call CT direct and ask for a lead time on when they are getting more. You may not like the answer, but they should be able to give you an ETA on arrival.
My car sat at Ramon's shop for 3 weeks waiting for pipes. Good Luck and hope you get them soon.

Thanks for the input, ilya. I've had the exhaust for about 2 weeks, and it came from Japan. I'll ask RJ again and then call CT myself, if I need to.

Thanks for the input, ilya. I've had the exhaust for about 2 weeks, and it came from Japan. I'll ask RJ again and then call CT myself, if I need to.

just get some high flow cats and be done with it...

Don't know what those are. I'm a newb. Doesn't sound like something I'd want, though:confused:

What kind of adapter pipes are you talking about?

Test pipes? If so then just get some high flow catalytic converters from Prospeed or Random Technology....

What kind of adapter pipes are you talking about?

Test pipes? If so then just get some high flow catalytic converters from Prospeed or Random Technology....

Think she is looking for adaptor pipes for her 05 NSX and not test pipes to remove the cats. Patricia, the muffler shop that I use in Santa Ana can make you a set...likely the same $$ or even less than purchased from CTech. They do phenomenal work and welds are clean. This way you can have the entire exhaust fitted at the same time. All the pipes are mandrel bent (even diameter throughout the pipe for optimal flow).

Jeff

Last edited:
Got an email from rjpand the adaptor pipes to use the Taitec GT lightweight exhaust, on the 2005 NSX, are done and being packed to ship. Finally. Mine will be shipped today or Monday, at the latest. I live within an hour of CTech so I should have them soon. Yippee! I can't wait to hear the low growl instead of the calm sewing machine sound. :biggrin:

...Ya got that, Ramon? I'll be seeing you soon. :smile: Oh, and I ordered the Science of Speed Zublin Smartenna kit, but I guess even a girl like me should be able to install that. Ordered the Science of Speed Stealth License Plate too. I hope I can put that on myself, too. I know it's ugly but I don't want tickets.

Last edited:
Not sure, but I live in the San Gabriel area and I make the drive to see Ramon. Well worth the drive...Ramon is the best.

Also, John Martin at Cerritos Acura is top notch.

Another thumbs up for John Martin - I didn't know this but he helped design the JRZ coilovers for the NSX... a true NSX guru and a value to the community..

just called Cerritos Acura and Jon Martin no longer works there...

I'm going to Ramon @ Niguel Motors next Friday to get my Bilsteins on lower perch, USA Spec iPod, and front chin installed.

Just wondering, anyone here in S. Cali that fixes the CCU? I don't want to take it apart myself and send it off to BrianK. I guess I have to, if there isn't anyone to help fix that here. Cerritos Acura said $1000 to replace the CCU. That's just too much. Can anyone refer me to a reliable place? Help~

Thanks!

I'm going to Ramon @ Niguel Motors next Friday to get my Bilsteins on lower perch, USA Spec iPod, and front chin installed.

Just wondering, anyone here in S. Cali that fixes the CCU? I don't want to take it apart myself and send it off to BrianK. I guess I have to, if there isn't anyone to help fix that here. Cerritos Acura said $1000 to replace the CCU. That's just too much. Can anyone refer me to a reliable place? Help~

Thanks!

Where'd Jon go? First I've heard of this...

As far as the CCU, BrianK is going to be the cheapest route by far. I'm not even sure anyone else is even offering professional repair services for the CCU except Brian. Just about every place you go is going to suggest a replacement. If they can fix it it's going to be much more than Briank charges.

Maybe just pay for the R & R and Brian only charges a few hundred for the fix. Out the door for $300 or so, no labor on your part.

Where'd Jon go? First I've heard of this...

As far as the CCU, BrianK is going to be the cheapest route by far. I'm not even sure anyone else is even offering professional repair services for the CCU except Brian. Just about every place you go is going to suggest a replacement. If they can fix it it's going to be much more than Briank charges.

Maybe just pay for the R & R and Brian only charges a few hundred for the fix. Out the door for $300 or so, no labor on your part.

What! I'd also like to know where John went.... :frown:

Thanks!

It is straightforward to remove the CCU, any (almost) shop can do it, and reassemble the dash w/out while it is off to Briank's place. As I remember the car runs fine w/out the CCU, san ventilation.

If you're in San Diego (or Temecula), I can get the unit out in about 30 minutes.

Miner

It is straightforward to remove the CCU, any (almost) shop can do it, and reassemble the dash w/out while it is off to Briank's place. As I remember the car runs fine w/out the CCU, san ventilation.

If you're in San Diego (or Temecula), I can get the unit out in about 30 minutes.

Miner

wow thanks for the offer miner! i will be at ramon's shop this coming friday. i'll probabaly have him take it off if it's cheap, but if he charges a lot, then maybe i should hit u up. i think briank quoted $180 to fix the CCU. man... i keep spending so much money modding/fixing my nsx... sigh... but i love this car! cheap to maintain compared to other exotics out there.

Nick is still active in the NSX world. He is very meticulous and knows NSX in-and-out. He offers simple job such as oil change all the way to gear box rebuild. FXMD uses his service and so did I today:smile: Nick has mad NSX skills. Definitely worth a visit and he is in Vista, north San Diego. He can be reached at:

[email protected]

Last edited:
just got back from ramon at niguel motors. got my bilsteins on lower perch, new front chin (which i scratched a lil already...), USA Spec, and CCU off to Briank.

unfortunately, my dumbass didn't see the big ass pothole last night and i bent my new rims already! arghhhhhhhh. my alignment is off as well... sigh... i'll be going to darin for the alignment this friday.

anyone know a good and quick place to fix the small dent on rims in LA area???

just got back from ramon at niguel motors. got my bilsteins on lower perch, new front chin (which i scratched a lil already...), USA Spec, and CCU off to Briank.

unfortunately, my dumbass didn't see the big ass pothole last night and i bent my new rims already! arghhhhhhhh. my alignment is off as well... sigh... i'll be going to darin for the alignment this friday.

anyone know a good and quick place to fix the small dent on rims in LA area???

I'm also a happy client of Ramon's and Darin's at Westend. I have a mobile wheel fix business to steer you away from, but don't want to trash them on here. I will be happy to tell you who NOT to use if you PM me. I used them to buff out the curb rash on my S2000 wheels, which they did fine, but am very disappointed in how the guy dirtied the wheels and then clear coated over it. :mad:

anyone know how to get a hold of John Martin? Thx

Back