• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for Sacramento area Smog test

Folsom Quick Smog at 1300 Prairie City Road. 916 353 2947. $53.20

He has done several of the local NSXs - including mine. Make sure the cats are hot before you pull in. Very clean shop; quick in and out within 30 minutes if he is not busy. The owner runs the shop military style ... so watch from outside the shop otherwise you will get a lecture :wink:

Hrant,
Is the shop in Folsom a full smog shop or test only? I have a few cars coming up and will likely go there. Thanks.

Test only: http://www.folsomquicksmog.com/

You need to print the page on their website to get the $10 discount for $53.20 - though they sometimes give the 10% without it.

Once done, they also give you a coupon for the car wash :wink:

The credit should go to Fritz for referring this to our club members last October.

Folsom Quick Smog at 1300 Prairie City Road. 916 353 2947. $53.20

He has done several of the local NSXs - including mine. Make sure the cats are hot before you pull in. Very clean shop; quick in and out within 30 minutes if he is not busy. The owner runs the shop military style ... so watch from outside the shop otherwise you will get a lecture :wink:

Hi Hrant,

I'm also due for a smog check. Were any of these local NSX's Supercharged? This is my first time smogging my car with the CTSC and I am looking for a shop that won't give me any hassles. Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

I am aware of all NA 1/2 cars but the shop said they have done quite a few ...... give them a ring and tell them you have the CTSC which is certified by the State of CA and if this would be an issue for them. You still have to meet the benchmark readings of the computers though .... :wink:

I am aware of all NA 1/2 cars but the shop said they have done quite a few ...... give them a ring and tell them you have the CTSC which is certified by the State of CA and if this would be an issue for them. You still have to meet the benchmark readings of the computers though .... :wink:

Thanks! I am hoping that the car will pass with no problems since it is the base kit with no AEM standalone management.

Thanks! I am hoping that the car will pass with no problems since it is the base kit with no AEM standalone management.

hey bro.

I have a guy in Walnut creek that will not give any probs no the CTSC or any visual inspection.

mine has always passed, but it needs to be very hot...even with my RandomHiFlo

Lito

hey bro.

I have a guy in Walnut creek that will not give any probs no the CTSC or any visual inspection.

mine has always passed, but it needs to be very hot...even with my RandomHiFlo

Lito

Hey Lito!

I will definitely give you a call once I am ready to smog the car. Is this place a "Test Only" station? Unfortunately I have been "Randomly" selected to go to a Test Only station.

Hey Lito!

I will definitely give you a call once I am ready to smog the car. Is this place a "Test Only" station? Unfortunately I have been "Randomly" selected to go to a Test Only station.

Ryan

ya, test only. it is a small shop and the owner actaully does the work. No visual inspection problems. he is linked to DMV. he has done my NSX's (with all MODS) and SUVs even with no 4wheel dyno. all passed.

My brother works next door in Walnut Creek Import mechanic shop. I know the owner, he owns a white NSX.

my CTSC at first didn't pass, but then passed after running HOT.

Lito

Ryan

ya, test only. it is a small shop and the owner actaully does the work. No visual inspection problems. he is linked to DMV. he has done my NSX's (with all MODS) and SUVs even with no 4wheel dyno. all passed.

My brother works next door in Walnut Creek Import mechanic shop. I know the owner, he owns a white NSX.

my CTSC at first didn't pass, but then passed after running HOT.

Lito

Thanks again! LitoG...sent you a PM.

Smog USA on Folsom Boulevard near Mather Field Road in Rancho Cordova. I've taken my turbo Miata and a modified Corvette in there. They will work with you patiently to get you to pass. I've been going there for nearly 6 years.

Ron

Smog USA on Folsom Boulevard near Mather Field Road in Rancho Cordova. I've taken my turbo Miata and a modified Corvette in there. They will work with you patiently to get you to pass. I've been going there for nearly 6 years.

Ron

Thanks! I will definitely keep this place in mind as a back-up location. :smile:

Update to this thread.

I got my NSX smogged recently (Test Only) in Rocklin. I was going to go to the place in Folsom, but didn't have time to drive out there.

So, for those of you out this way along HWY 80, check out the Smong N Go in Rocklin. These guys got my car onto the machine quickly, were very careful w/ the car, knew how to open and close the hatch, knew to turn off TCS, etc. Basically, it was clear to me that they've smogged an NSX before. Fair price and quick service. You can usually find their coupon in the paper or in the mail

Smog 'N Go
Rocklin - Stanford Ranch & Sunset
6100 Stanford Ranch Rd
Rocklin, CA 95765
Serving: Rocklin, Roseville, Lincoln, Loomis, Sacramento, Wheatland, Granite Bay
(916)760-4200 8:00am - 6:30pm

Update to this thread.

I got my NSX smogged recently (Test Only) in Rocklin. I was going to go to the place in Folsom, but didn't have time to drive out there.

So, for those of you out this way along HWY 80, check out the Smong N Go in Rocklin. These guys got my car onto the machine quickly, were very careful w/ the car, knew how to open and close the hatch, knew to turn off TCS, etc. Basically, it was clear to me that they've smogged an NSX before. Fair price and quick service. You can usually find their coupon in the paper or in the mail

Smog 'N Go
Rocklin - Stanford Ranch & Sunset
6100 Stanford Ranch Rd
Rocklin, CA 95765
Serving: Rocklin, Roseville, Lincoln, Loomis, Sacramento, Wheatland, Granite Bay
(916)760-4200 8:00am - 6:30pm

went there today... very clean shop, good staff... just remind them to turn off TCS

Back