• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to buy an NSX, selling Skyline

Hi everyone, I have a rather special car, but I have the bug to get an NSX, I have never driven one nor sat in one, but I love the shape.

Here goes my questions,

Would you sell a skyline GTR r34, to get the NSX?

How fast is it really? Ive seen videos of the nsxr and is a bit slower than a stock R34.

You are the experts, what should I do?

Any good 02-04 for sale?

Depends on what video. I have seen a Type-S beat the R34 in the 1/4.

Both cars have their "rare" factor. Both cars are the "mother ship" of their brand. The R34 is heavier, but easier to mod. Honestly part of the reason I bought the NSX, was because of the "people." What I mean is the other owners. National and regional. It is a great club atmosphere. With the skyline, you would have to hang with the Z's and G35's (not bad company) But you know what I mean. Just the other day we threw together a last minute fall brunch, and had about 20 people show. Not to mention NSXPO, the NSXCA, other NSX regional track days etc. Hang out here on Prime a few months, and you will see that it IS more than just car ownership.

Oh yeah the NSX is Great too! :D

You are correct, on the BMI video where they test the POrsche 996TT the nsx type s beats the skyline in the 1/4, but if I'm not mistaken that was the only test it beat it (dont want to start a war ;) ) .

I use my car as a daily driver and its not bone stock, so far have installed coilovers, which Im replacing in the very near future, full exhaust programable ECU, and minor bolt ons, it manages to keep up at the track with a friends GT2 on the curves, on the main straight up till 120mph but cant touch him in braking. I have ordered some big brake kit butstill not here.

I know how tuneable is the skyline and how practical it is, you can seat 4 people with no problems, butthere is still something I like about the NSX.

I still dont know which model I would like, early none targa is lighter, but less powerfull and only 5 spd (its a thing I have with trans, need to have 6 spd) but th efacelift version with its rocker extensions and rear valance just looks better.

The other plus I see on the nsx is NA, no turbo means no lag, and an early version NSX has a cable operated throtle, which does whatever my right foot tells it to do, not the ecu, more direct feeling.

This is how I feel :confused:

What do you want? The NSX is an exotic, while the Skyline is a passenger sedan, albeit a kick-ass one. The skyline is easier to mod, and dollar-for-dollar will kick an NSX's ass. The NSX OTOH is a much prettier car, and I'm sure that it is a much better car at 150+. I'm guessing the NSX has a handling advantage, although AWD and electronic wizardry can do a lot to hide the Skyline's heft.

Greets djimenez, man thats a rough call at least for me. my dream was always to have a stable that included both the NSX and an GTR R-34 ...YOU LUCKY DOG! anyway I have smoked an r32 in my nitrous NSX.I dont know how I would do against an r-34...like I said awesome ride.IMHO a built NSX would probably eat the 34 with the 34 stock and the skyline built would eat the stock NSX. just my opinion.
Question: did you get your R-34 via Motorex? what are your specs and post some pics.dont be shy if it is stock,their are perhaps more stock NSX then modded.
Answer:you inquired about 02-04, buy a 91-94 NSX instead of the new one.you can find one in primo condition with providence on the car in terms of previous owners and work done.have your cake and eat it to. the saving alone from buying new as to buying old school is enough to swing it.
BEST ANSWER: I just had my right shoulder replaced with a complete artificial one :( and can't shift my X and have been getting it ready to sell,mega bummer,I plan on getting another when I heal. HOW bout we trade and you get a fast n20 NSX and I get a right hand car I CAN shift. win win :D
to get serious again,read all you can on the forum,once you feel like you know what you are getting into NSX wise start shopping for a low milage well kept car.BTW in the twists stock against stock the X will rule the 34 but I still crave one. BTW is yours silver? good luck with the search for an X but do your homework first.you came to the right place. as for fast if you do sell the R-34 you could buy an oldre model and have factor X build th motor and install a sick fx-500 on it and it will rule the road.

http://www.southfloridaracing.com/videos/nosNSX.mpg
heres my car if you want to trade and help the gimpy n20 guy drive again :D :D

How long have you had the Skyline?

You may be ready to try something else. I can't imagine keeping any car forever no matter how much I love it.

Good luck.

djimenez said:
Hi everyone, I have a rather special car, but I have the bug to get an NSX, I have never driven one nor sat in one, but I love the shape.

Here goes my questions,

Would you sell a skyline GTR r34, to get the NSX?

How fast is it really? Ive seen videos of the nsxr and is a bit slower than a stock R34.

Keep the Skyline R34 and buy a 91~93 NSX, unless you live in Japan, R34 is far rarer than NSX, it is one awesome car.

You really should at very least get a test ride in NSX with an expereienced driver, you will be amazed. It was one hell of experience for me on par with riding in Matt Andrew's road racing Supra in Sport Compact Car Challenge with 600+RWHP. It is not always about straight line performance, with 350~400less rwhp, a ride in a bone stock NSX with a great driver will have same wow factor.

I would not say NSX-R is slower than stock R34 both 1/4mile or on the track:
http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=376

Best motoring videos has been around for 10+years in Japan, there are many NSX vs Skyline match ups.

Let me answer some q. I bought the car from RBmotoring, its not silver in fact is a WEIRD looking color, at night its pearl white, and during the day its well.... green, more like mint, or like sean from rbmotoring named it Wasabi. It was featured on the cover of sportcompact car magazine in the may issue, although at the moment I replaced the wheels it came with.

I wish I could keep both, its not a money problem (it does matter) but more of a legal limit, you see I live in mexico and I can only have 1 foreign car per person at the time, my wife has her minivan, I got the skyline. I can always try to bribemy way around mexican authorities and bring another one under my sons name.

I would love to go for a ride in one, and if possible test drive on, if their is any members from the rio grande valley area or the san antonio area, let me know, I'll trade a drive of a skyline for an NSX.

To see pics of my car go to www.rbmotoring.com, click gallery and form there to the skyline gtr link (white r33) there you will see a cover of a mag, go in there and you will see the car, the 2nd pic is how it looks at the moment.

Thanks all for your time and help, I think I might start looking for a 91-94 coupe and upgrade the trans for a 6sp with a 4.5? gear.

Back