• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looks like I toasted a ringland today.

I'd have a qualified shop evaluate before you start budgeting money.

I used to have a meth injected BBSC. Ran great. I think i had 60000 miles on the system before my ringland went at 10 psi. I rebuilt using forged pistons at a lower compression ratio. My plan was to run 15 psi on the bbsc, which should have gotten me in the 500rwhp range, but it was noted my crank was scored due to the tension of the BBSC drive belt. I think it was over tightened by my tuner.

Whats the story on your C5RS6? I've got one of those with millteks, water injection, OCT tune.

I think I'll aim for 500whp. I'll be doing forged pistons and re-sleeving the block and some other stuff from Rob the NSX GURU...

My RS6 is making 540hp solid tune from 10secMarc gutted cats and some exhaust work and Bilsteins PSS9'S Coilovers. The car ran a 12.0 1/4. It's my daily driver.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

Have you done a compression and leakdown test?

No, no need to do one now. I'm just going to rebuild the engine properly and call it a day. A lot of blowby and a slight missed on idle. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
How much did your Audi make at the wheels? I've been contemplating doing an e85 tune on the car with a custom dyno tune.
I'm not sure what was the whp. I never dynode the car. The previous owner sent me the time slip and video doing 12.0 1/4 mile times with the stock 18's and tune. I ran a 12.6 with 20's this year. I believed Marc dyno his car with the tune before selling the tunes. If I had the option here for e85, I would so jump on it. You should definitely do it. what are you hp ratings on the O.C.T Tune?

500/515. Made 380/420 on the dyno much faster than stock. Only issue SNL is I would need a tune for 91 as well to tune for ethanol. Which also means they have to buy a flash tuner. I would also need bigger injectors.

500/515. Made 380/420 on the dyno much faster than stock. Only issue SNL is I would need a tune for 91 as well to tune for ethanol. Which also means they have to buy a flash tuner. I would also need bigger injectors.

That's good power. These cars make good power just flashed let alone. I enjoy driving mines at 500hp plus.. I know for sure if you plan on going beyond the power threshold for the tranny, it will start to slip and they're not cheap. My good friend owned an Aamco transmission shop and seen one there that had a huge bill even though it was less that what the dealer would have charge the customer. Around $7000 for the full rebuild:eek:.

Just had rebuilt tranny put in. $3500 plus labor. Also had turbos rebuilt, New tq, rebuilt the starter, all hoses, timing belt etc. $13k

Just had rebuilt tranny put in. $3500 plus labor. Also had turbos rebuilt, New tq, rebuilt the starter, all hoses, timing belt etc. $13k

That's a really good price for all that work. Well, I guess you'll enjoy the car for many, many more miles to come now.

That's a really good price for all that work. Well, I guess you'll enjoy the car for many, many more miles to come now.

My tech's shop rate is $50 and hour lol. He does my Ford GT work, F250 work, Audi RS6 work, jetski work, trailer work etc. Only thing he doesn't work on typically is my turbo NSX and turbo Honda S2000, and thats out of loyalty to Science of SPeed here in phoenix.

Oh when your tranny goes... and it will... i recommend Gabor in chicago. Found him on rs6.com He had a rebuilt one on the shelf ready to ship. I've got 10k miles and no problems.

Last edited:
My tech's shop rate is $50 and hour lol. He does my Ford GT work, F250 work, Audi RS6 work, jetski work, trailer work etc. Only thing he doesn't work on typically is my turbo NSX and turbo Honda S2000, and thats out of loyalty to Science of SPeed here in phoenix.

Oh when your tranny goes... and it will... i recommend Gabor in chicago. Found him on rs6.com He had a rebuilt one on the shelf ready to ship. I've got 10k miles and no problems.

What a stable you have there. Your mechanic prices are really good for the type of labor involves on your stables... Oh, thanks for the heads up on Gabor, I'll give him a shout. I may need a tranny build one of these days...

Congratulations! Please be advised you are well on your way to owning a $100k NSX worth about a third of that. I know, I did it. By the time you are done you could own a Ferrari. I know, I did that too.

Back