• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looks like there is a Zanardi Edition Up for sale!

Oh, my apologies I didn't even realize there was a Zanardi thread. Looks like they beat me to it.

since you are new and seem to appreciate the zanardi I figured you would enjoy that thread

you the trophy wife pimp....:eek:

I called the sales guy at Beachwood Porsche today, he told me the Zanardi sold this morning. I acted like a potential buyer. He told me the purchased price. It was way up there, am I allowed to post it. Will do if allowed. Thanks

-Eric

please do......

I called the sales guy at Beachwood Porsche today, he told me the Zanardi sold this morning. I acted like a potential buyer. He told me the purchased price. It was way up there, am I allowed to post it. Will do if allowed. Thanks

-Eric

Eric, what was the selling price?

Not sure how the mileage is on other Zanardi's out there but this one certainly must be one of the lowest miles of them all.

This seems like all the money for one that doesn't have the OEM wheels, but I hope they get it.

Even though mine isn't for sale, I was recently offered $140k for it (16k miles, all original, second owner). Thank you, but it's not for sale.

Bob

$180k!!!!???
This is not a healthy trend for the true enthusiasts who are now priced out by these money hungry speculators. These speculators who could not care less about cars but just hustlers who want to tap into anything that can make them a few bucks. I have been offered stupid money for my white coupe and honestly I would not buy it for that kind of money.
Steve

$180k!!!!???
This is not a healthy trend for the true enthusiasts who are now priced out by these money hungry speculators. These speculators who could not care less about cars but just hustlers who want to tap into anything that can make them a few bucks. I have been offered stupid money for my white coupe and honestly I would not buy it for that kind of money.
Steve

Money hungry speculators? Interesting, the last two Zanardis I sold for similar numbers are with enthusiasts who enjoy them regularly and would not consider selling.

I don't get the idea that "true enthusiasts" = people with less money to spend. I also don't get the idea that someone with something to sell won't want to get the maximum amount of dollars it is worth. Perhaps people should also list their houses for sale for 20% less than market value so a true house enthusiast can buy it.

Last edited:
Money hungry speculators? Interesting, the last two Zanardis I sold for similar numbers are with enthusiasts who enjoy them regularly and would not consider selling.

I don't get the idea that "true enthusiasts" = people with less money to spend. I also don't get the idea that someone with something to sell won't want to get the maximum amount of dollars it is worth. Perhaps people should also list their houses for sale for 20% less than market value so a true house enthusiast can buy it.

I don't get why that car commands that much of a premium. :confused:

Steve is hinting that these prices could be a short term bubble....

I don't get why that car commands that much of a premium. :confused:

They made 50 Zanardis (or 51, if you count #00 ). It was mostly the equivalent of a Japanese Type S model, with the associated lightweighting, stiffening, etc. It is the only "sport" version NSX (which includes Zanardi, Type S, Type R, etc.) to ever be made in Left-Hand Drive. So, if you want a sport-version NSX that is easy to drive in a LHD country, and especially the USA, you have to secure one of the 51 Zanardi units produced. Not to mention the fact that NSX-Rs are only just coming into USA legality and already worth $200k+ in Japan in some cases.

Now, obviously somebody will come on here and say, "but it's cheaper to buy a '91 and modify it with X parts." Yes, we are all aware of that. But some people would rather buy the special version that was made by the factory and is quickly gaining value as a result of its rarity and collectibility.

Steve is hinting that these prices could be a short term bubble....

Zanardi prices are not a bubble, the rarity protects them from that. There simply aren't enough to go around, and thus those who want them are willing to pay more.

If you want an example of a bubble, look at '02+ NSX prices up until the past year or so. There were many $100k+ sales for a car that is not particularly rare (862 '02+ cars made) and isn't really a particularly "pure" NSX with the targa top and no special sport features.

I have always felt that the zanardi and the few na2 coupes were the most valuable...value of items in such small numbers can rise and fall.....I was trying to paraphrase Steve's post..

Back