• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looks like there is a Zanardi Edition Up for sale!

This seems like all the money for one that doesn't have the OEM wheels, but I hope they get it.

Even though mine isn't for sale, I was recently offered $140k for it (16k miles, all original, second owner). Thank you, but it's not for sale.

Bob

This one has the original wheels, and all other OEM parts. They are just not currently on the car, but will be included in the sale to the new owner.

Last edited:
Money hungry speculators? Interesting, the last two Zanardis I sold for similar numbers are with enthusiasts who enjoy them regularly and would not consider selling.

I don't get the idea that "true enthusiasts" = people with less money to spend. I also don't get the idea that someone with something to sell won't want to get the maximum amount of dollars it is worth. Perhaps people should also list their houses for sale for 20% less than market value so a true house enthusiast can buy it.

Yes, to the used car salesman, it is about making a quick buck. I am sure if the Zanardi owner sits down directly with a buyer and negotiate the sale price of that particular NSX, the agreed price would not be anywhere near the $180k figure. However, put a salesman who couldn't care less what the car is other than the dollar signs, the buyer has to pay a lot more for the car. Everyone loses but the scalper.
Steve

Last edited:
Yes, to the used car salesman, it is about making a quick buck. I am sure if the Zanardi owner sits down directly with a buyer and negotiate the sale price of that particular NSX, the agreed price would not be anywhere near the $180k figure. However, put a salesman who couldn't care less what the car is other than the dollar signs, the buyer has to pay a lot more for the car. Everyone loses but the scalper.
Steve

I would suggest brushing up on the laws of supply and demand, as this is not how markets work. If the car salesman asks $180,000, that doesn't mean anybody will pay it. The car will sell for what it is worth, or not sell at all. Your version assumes the buyer has a gun to his head and is forced to buy the car.

I would suggest brushing up on the laws of supply and demand, as this is not how markets work. If the car salesman asks $180,000, that doesn't mean anybody will pay it. The car will sell for what it is worth, or not sell at all. Your version assumes the buyer has a gun to his head and is forced to buy the car.
How about you brushing up on the concept of scalping, used car salesman? No one is pointing a gun at anyone's head of course. My version assumes nothing other than pointing out that scalpers get the bucks at the expenses of the sellers and buyers.
Steve

I was under the impression that these Zanardi transactions are consignment deals, with the dealer making a transaction fee instead of a large markup upon resale. Is that not correct?

I was under the impression that these Zanardi transactions are consignment deals, with the dealer making a transaction fee instead of a large markup upon resale. Is that not correct?

That's how I typically operate, I'm not 100% sure about the dealer selling #32, but given what I know about the nature of that deal, yes, I'm fairly certain that car is on consignment as well.

Not to mention the fact that NSX-Rs are only just coming into USA legality and already worth $200k+ in Japan in some cases.
Type S, Type S-Zero in Japan are already at $200k for good examples without any stories. Type R esp. NA2-R are well beyond 300k. NA1-R are a little bit 'cheaper'.

The more interesting thing would be if those highly priced US-02+ cars are really selling, even at a lower price than advertised (regardless what the final price is). I guess that NO. True or wrong?

Type S, Type S-Zero in Japan are already at $200k for good examples without any stories. Type R esp. NA2-R are well beyond 300k. NA1-R are a little bit 'cheaper'.

The more interesting thing would be if those highly priced US-02+ cars are really selling, even at a lower price than advertised (regardless what the final price is). I guess that NO. True or wrong?

Regarding the '02+ cars: Well, every car has a number it will sell at, as long as the owner is reasonable. But, to answer the question I don't think there are many buyers for '02+ NSXs at $100k+ right now. The market was stronger for them in 2016-2017. Of course, there are outliers like the white car that just sold on eBay.

Last edited:
Hi

I have been watching a few cars sell and I am now a buyer. If anyone knows of one available it would be greatly appreciated.

Back