• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lots of NSXs for sale in Canada, prices seem high

I was looking in the Autotrader online and noticed that there is 38 NSXs for sale in Canada. I also noticed that the prices in Alberta seem to be higher than the rest of the country, especially for the early years ...

silver 91 in Edmonton for $53,900
red 91 in Sherwood Park for $56,995
91 in Calgary for $45,000
92 in Calgary for $48,888

and they all have more mileage than mine.:confused:

Good news if you are planning to sell, not so good if you want to buy. I guess NSXs are holding their value quite nicely.:smile:

what are the mileages on all those cars and years?
my dad just picked up a 94 in Toronto for $45,000 with 60,000 kms

kaz1116 said:
what are the mileages on all those cars and years?
my dad just picked up a 94 in Toronto for $45,000 with 60,000 kms

good price

Anyone can have mine for $45,000.00
New clutch and rebuilt transmission.
Oh, ya, and I kissed it everynite before bedtime.
Trev

With as strong as the CDN dollar is now, buying a car in the US might save a lot of money.

I wonder when the cost of cars in canada will reflect the value of the dollar. The price has not changed since the dollar was worth 60 cents US, and now it is over 90!

Yes, when I bought my 92 four years ago, I paid $60, but it was flawless. I looked south then and with the exchange rate a comparable car would have easily cost me another 10k.

Now, I wouldn't even look here in Canada. I sent a friend across the border to shop for a Miata and it saved him $6k on a 15,000 dollar car.

I just purchased a 1995 model with a Comtech supercharger and headers in the U.S. It has 23,000 miles on it and I'm buying it from the original owner. To find a car like this in Canada would be a stretch, and if you did the price would be ridiculous.

A couple more examples:
1995 black in Edmonton; asking price $80,000.00
199?? (can't remember) supercharged; asking price $99,000.00

Both of these were in the Edmonton AutoTrader. I had to call for a price on the black 1995. I pretty much fell off my chair when he told me his price.

Sabregl

Too bad the opposite rings true for Skylines:
My GTR in the GTA: $20K
a street legal R32GTR in the US: $35K-42K

:biggrin:

BioBanker said:
Only if its a good car ;)

Most of them are not.

it is a good one
have all the records and it only had one original owner before
but was priced the best by far with year and mileage on any canada trader

as well, its IN season so dealers know there's high demand so prices are higher..

i'm waiting till end of fall to possibly scoop one as hopefully there will be a desperate dealer wanting to unload one and i'll be there !

sabregl said:
I just purchased a 1995 model with a Comtech supercharger and headers in the U.S. It has 23,000 miles on it and I'm buying it from the original owner.

Congrats man, I didn't think you'd find one so quickly. You'll have to take me for a drive so I can see what the supercharger does.

tumbler said:
as well, its IN season so dealers know there's high demand so prices are higher..

i'm waiting till end of fall to possibly scoop one as hopefully there will be a desperate dealer wanting to unload one and i'll be there !
ud be surprised on how dealers who have these cars seem like they enjoy "sitting" on them.... meaning they want a certain price and will not drop the price at all

My buddy just bought a 2002 Audi TT and save $10k buying from the States. The reason is why we are high here is the weather is better. You can almost drive all year long in Victoria with out any rain ever touching your car. Where back East every one worries about all the salt on the roads in the winter ifthe car was a daily driver. Alberta who knows what they are doing there because they get all the snow as well.... I would buy US right now for sure.

yea if I ever get a NSX then I'll shpo for it in the US and change the cluster myself... the prices in Canada are just too high!

There's no need to change the cluster.(km's are already there) All that is required is daytime running lights and a child safety seat restraint.

I'm going to wire my park lights for daytime runners(like Vettes, Camaros, etc)The restraint is very easy as well. In fact it doesn't even have to be permanently mounted.

I sold my 91 in April it had 80k and a boat load of mods, I got 48k for it.
When I listed mine there where only 8 cars on auto trader,
2 weeks later there where 28 and the US dollar was dropping fast.
There are tons of Ferrari's getting imported to Ontario and Quebec.

Meh, just wire you DRLs for the Inspection then pull them after that. When you wire them into the marker lamps, it puts the dash into night mode. I pulled my DRLs the day I got my Canadian plate.

sabregl said:
There's no need to change the cluster.(km's are already there) All that is required is daytime running lights and a child safety seat restraint.

In Victoria they make you get the front bumper cushion as well.....Has any one ever had that done?

Back