• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy LoveFab FI-Spec Long Tube Header Group Buy #2

We are gearing up for a busy spring in the fabrication division and we want to offer one of our most successful products at a great discount.

LoveFab, Inc. has built and tested arguably the best performing header ever produced for the NSX. With over six years of production, spanning many dozens of NSX’s, including the headers used on the 2012 Pikes Peak NSX; every LoveFab FI-spec header is still running strong without a single failure.

Throughout the years of turbo system development, we began to notice that other headers lacked performance at elevated power levels. We took the initiative in 2008 to design a header system that excelled at high horsepower applications. The results were clear; the headers produced power in all applications tested!

Header3_zps6880ad96.jpg

The original development thread is here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131643

The highlights for the time-crunched readers include a 22.3WHP and 11.7WTQ gain on a stock 150,000 mile 3.0 liter NSX motor:

IMG_20140107_150844_973_zpsp3bpgg4g.jpg

And a 15.5WHP and 9.6WTQ gain over another highly respected set of headers on a 3.5 liter Supercharged NSX. Take note of the "under the curve" gains of 30+ft/lbs of torque:

CCF05032010_00000.jpg

These headers retail for $1899.99. Here is the ordering page on the website:

https://www.lovefab.com/Store/ProductDetail/tabid/89/ProductID/13/nsx-fi-spec-headers/Default.aspx

Each header is meticulously hand-fabricated and TIG welded by our skilled in-house fabricators. The pair of headers takes approximately three days to complete from start to finish. The true 3-1 MERGE collectors, also built in-house to our exact specifications produce a significant scavenging effect on neighboring cylinders, which is why these headers produce consistent gains. The collector flanges are V-banded for adjust-ability, as well as a gasket-less connection, with no nuts or bolts to loosen up over time. Since our headers are not ordered in-bulk from overseas, this allows us some flexibility during construction. We have the ability to change certain specifications, even within this limited period group-buy. Examples of options include the following:

-Runner diameter- we can customize the diameters for your project, including implementing “stepped diameters” for reducing the returning exhaust pulses

-Collector diameter- “standard” is 2.25”, though 2.5” and 3” are available.

-Material- “standard” is 304 stainless steel, which has served is wonderfully over the past six years, but 321 Stainless steel, Titanium, and Inconel are available as well for a surcharge.

Header4_zps8f6261b8.jpg

Header2_zpsf99c8e89.jpg

We also offer test-pipes so that you can adapt to your current exhaust. They are available during the ordering process, through the website.

Exhaust1_zps6b133d8b.jpg

The Group-Buy guidelines are as follows:

This is a Direct Vendor Group-Buy organized by LoveFab, Inc.

Minimum Number of Units: 5 sets of headers

Maximum Number of Units: 10 sets of headers

Closing Date: March 1st 2014

Product Will Ship: As payments are received, as headers are built.

Payment Procedure: Payment in full upon signing up.

Payment Methods Accepted: Through the LoveFab website, unless other arrangements are made. https://www.lovefab.com/Store/ProductDetail/tabid/89/ProductID/13/nsx-fi-spec-headers/Default.aspx

Estimated Delivery Time / Date: Headers will begin shipping February 1st, or sooner and thereafter upon completion. First come, first serve, build times may touch March.

Product Pricing: $1599

Shipping & Insurance Costs: $50 lower 48 states. Orders from Canada or other International destinations, please contact for shipping quote. Headers are ONLY insured for full value, no exceptions. Fed Ex Ground is our shipping method.

Signup List:

Signup List(Paid):

And what might be the dyno-tested power gains for a 97+ 3.2L (NA) NSX? I see many people swap 3.0L manifolds out for the tubular NA2 variety, but if the 3.2L headers are pretty good, how much better can aftermarkets be over that? I am interested in a set of headers, pending they make power gains over the factory 3.2L while remaining NA. Thanks!

We've never tested a set of 3.2 back to back, so I don't have an exact answer for you. Of note, most of our stock motor 3.2 liter turbo cars are approaching 500whp, which is proportionate with the displacement. Also, the Supercharged 3.5 Liter test above, we picked up substantial gains with simply a header swap, no tuning, AND the boost level dropped by 1.5psi while making the gains. Efficiency at work.

Would it be possible for you to dyno a 3.2 na back to back wht this product? I'm very interested to see the gains as I don't know of any other vendor that has provided such a comparison on the 3.2, and if the 3.2 oem headers are pretty efficient or if there is as much as 15-20hp on tap with your product (like the 3.0)

We've never tested a set of 3.2 back to back, so I don't have an exact answer for you. Of note, most of our stock motor 3.2 liter turbo cars are approaching 500whp, which is proportionate with the displacement. Also, the Supercharged 3.5 Liter test above, we picked up substantial gains with simply a header swap, no tuning, AND the boost level dropped by 1.5psi while making the gains. Efficiency at work.
Why would the boost drop? Would it have a similar effect on a supercharged car? That might be a dumb question.

Netviper, the 3.5L test was supercharged. With a SC, you have a fixed rotor speed, and no way to "target" boost(by raising rotor speeds). If you reduce back pressure after the exhaust port, your resistance ( boost) will also drop. This is GOOD in a supercharged application, and I suspect that with an even larger collector opening, the gains on a supercharged car would be more. Your "7psi" pulley would now only make 5.5psi, but would still be making more power. Now you can bump up to a "9psi" pulley, get the boost back up to 7.5psi, and likely be well north of the 15-20whp gains I projected.

Netviper, the 3.5L test was supercharged. With a SC, you have a fixed rotor speed, and no way to "target" boost(by raising rotor speeds). If you reduce back pressure after the exhaust port, your resistance ( boost) will also drop. This is GOOD in a supercharged application, and I suspect that with an even larger collector opening, the gains on a supercharged car would be more. Your "7psi" pulley would now only make 5.5psi, but would still be making more power. Now you can bump up to a "9psi" pulley, get the boost back up to 7.5psi, and likely be well north of the 15-20whp gains I projected.
Is there anyone with a ctsc in a stock motor that is running these?

They've all gone turbo before we could test any. Since our headers are a significant portion of the kit price, they add up what's left of the turbo system cost after selling their SC and never look back. I'm sure others have, but I don't recall ever getting any admissible results.

I assume these fit or can be fitted to All motor NSXs??

These headers are no joke, can't beat the craftsmanship or this group buy price. No issues with mine (turbo) so far, thanks for offering this to the community Cody.

These headers are no joke, can't beat the craftsmanship or this group buy price. No issues with mine (turbo) so far, thanks for offering this to the community Cody.

Thanks Jason!

Here's a collector shot. All welding is fully penetrated, and shielded.

NSXHeaderComparison004.jpg

And comparisons with what I believe are Comptech headers. You can see the power producing design clear as day:

NSXHeaderComparison005.jpg

NSXHeaderComparison008.jpg

Those look great. Maybe something down the line.

Is the setup only missing the Y pipe then?

Is it pretty much a bolt on system to modify exsisting setups?

Also is the setup made to be gravity or scavenger pump return, or is that irrevant and will depend on the Y pipe shape?

Looks great though, makes me want to switch out.

Ypipe included, tial vband inlet, T3, and T4 available. Gravity drain standard.

Gotcha. So just to confirm if ordering the package it includes the sequence of things from headers back to exhaust excluding the turbo which would need to be supplied to you for correct flange attachment.

Basically if I'm looking to switch out some components in the future this is a straight swap and only real fabrication on my end would be inner cooler piping to my a2w correct?

Cody,

You directed me to this thread and I have a few questions, or maybe we can discuss in PM.

So I have a 04 stock motor car with only the bolt on GT5.1 exhaust which I find extremely quiet! It's certainly not sounding like a weekend sports car so my quest is for more sound and of course a HP gain as well.

Given the above, would there be any HP gains from your header over my stock setup? Since your system requires eliminating the stock cats, would you recommend resonated pipes or HFC's to go with your header?

If you need a stock 3.2L car to do testing with a dyno, I have access to one so maybe we can discuss this all via PM as I'm very interested in doing a setup. My quest is the best quality sound and products for this car so don't want anything cheap on there.

Back