• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab LF-3 BUILD

Coilovers/latest mod

Haven't decided on the umbrella system yet, otherwise I will install shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received navpod bracket.
This a mod that I could not go without.. it's some what embarrassing getting in boost and your NavPod pops out or moves on the dash.

Thanks LMR!

Last edited:
Car looks sweet, I love the wheels the color works perfectly with the green. I had a question though about your original post about you deciding on not getting a skyline because owning it would be illegal. In Canada skylines and other right hand drive cars are a dime a dozen, what is the policy in the USA in regards to them, swear I saw one in Seattle when I was there a few months back. Any ways great looking car.

Car looks sweet, I love the wheels the color works perfectly with the green. I had a question though about your original post about you deciding on not getting a skyline because owning it would be illegal. In Canada skylines and other right hand drive cars are a dime a dozen, what is the policy in the USA in regards to them, swear I saw one in Seattle when I was there a few months back. Any ways great looking car.

Thanks for your compliments and attention to detail on this thread.

Laws governing import is, anything over 25 years old can be shipped without compliance factors. So the only issue I would see
from canada is finding an older skyline in good shape.

I've looked into it but mostly found newer cars up there.
I'm looking for a 1971/birth year GTR.
My buddy in okinawa took this last year.

Or this1. It was the 1st skyline I fell for.

We owned two of these while there.

Last edited:

Have you seen anything older than 1990 models?

Have you seen anything older than 1990 models?

Not too many of the older skylines, mainly R32, R33 and pretty soon R34's. There is a following for mid eighties jdm right hand drive cars. I have seen older RX7'S and first gen fairlady's, just to name a few. There must be a few 70's skylines running around up here. Believe it or not the only right hand drive car I have never seen is a NSX up here. Hell I almost bought a Honda beat a few months back. I have heard of guys bringing jdm cars through Canada then state side, would that still be considered illegal. When a jdm car enters Canada they usually get a new Vin assigned to them for registration purposes. With a new 17 digit Vin I wonder if you guys could bring them through Canada.

Not too many of the older skylines, mainly R32, R33 and pretty soon R34's. There is a following for mid eighties jdm right hand drive cars. I have seen older RX7'S and first gen fairlady's, just to name a few. There must be a few 70's skylines running around up here. Believe it or not the only right hand drive car I have never seen is a NSX up here. Hell I almost bought a Honda beat a few months back. I have heard of guys bringing jdm cars through Canada then state side, would that still be considered illegal. When a jdm car enters Canada they usually get a new Vin assigned to them for registration purposes. With a new 17 digit Vin I wonder if you guys could bring them through Canada.

Same laws applies from canada as in japan. The difference is shipping cost. $4500 for 1 car $5500 for two to ship. It would be wise to find a friend to purchase one and split container fee rather than approx. $4500 for one car.

My sisters x-husband has a 84 rx7 in good condition I could get for almost nothing. I'm just set on that 71/84 or 2000gtr(at some point)

I see the 92-2000 gtr's all day.

You Gotta get those stacy's 1st.
I'm ready to see a build thread.

Yea I know...I've been meaning to start one. I have to organize pics etc. I will at some point when I get a chance.

Yes sir! It's coming together nicely!

2014 Projected exterior mods.
List & images coming.
Thoughts?

Functional Style^

Undercar air will be extracted through the fender tops? Are you going to remove the fender liners?
New NSX fenders, from japan.
They currently do not have liners but I plan to fabricate something to replace them.
My current/original liner covers are worn and needs to be replaced from rubbing.

Last edited:
How do you dip something in carbon fiber?:confused:
Thought to give you an updated to my response from my sponsor:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W9cSNz4JlFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

New Mods should be complete within 2weeks
-MODE4 Bumper
-TommyKaira lip Spoiler/self installed LEDs
-DownForce DF R wing
-TommKaira Gurney flap
-Border Racing Fenders
-Spoon mirrors
-BC Coilovers

Sneak peak at my new GaugeArt display(more 2come)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z35-YHmL99Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First off your drawing is wrong. The air coming out the top of the fenders is NOT coming from the front of the car. That area is a high pressure area caused by the interaction of air and the high speed rotation of the wheel. Notice the venting of the rear on the second photos.

Search Jim Hall and Chaparral cars.

ChaparralL.jpeg

2A%20with%20Jim%20Hall.jpg

The function of the louvers above the wheels is to vent the high pressure air built up on top of the moving wheel. Jim Hall was the "father" of automotive aerodynamics.

Yes, this is functional. But you are talking for dedicated race cars where 1/10ths of a second means everything. For a street car - you are doing a lot of work (and pure guess work without a wind tunnel) for minimal gain. But if you are going for looks, and you think it looks good - go for it.

Interesting article - http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111103/alms/111109930

2012-Chevy-Corvette-Daytona-Prototype-Front-Top-Three-Quarters-623x389.jpg

2014 Projected exterior mods.
List & images coming.
Thoughts?

Functional Style^

Last edited:
I'm doing this for looks but stating that it's functional.
I straddle the fence between track guys and "swag/look" guys.
I gotta have both. Speed and beauty.

If you look at the cars I posted/Exotics, how many of those owners track their cars or are worried about function of louvers? Aventador or ferrari for example.

I'm simply updating the sexiness of the nsx to a more exotic look.

Some guys like OEM, alot of guys like te37's, some like SC over Turbo...there is no justification for any of it other than "like/preferred".

Thanks for the education, I will research.

- - - Updated - - -

"First off" thanks for the link.
:smile:
Disregard arrow from front to fender louvers.

Last edited:
If you cut louvers into your front fenders what will you do with the fender liner?

If you cut louvers into your front fenders what will you do with the fender liner?

I'm not cutting anything, they come louvered/ducted.

corrected illustration ^^^

Attachments

• fenders2.jpg
    fenders2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 113
  • NSXAeroFender_zps20f05bd7.jpg
    NSXAeroFender_zps20f05bd7.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Neat race part.......so when you install those what will you do with the fender liner?

Back