• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lovefab update

Just a quick note. Fired up the car after a long(4 month) winter nap and she started up on the third crank and idled as smoothly as stock. She has in the neighborhood of 35,000 Lovefab miles, the last 10,000 at 18-20 PSI.
Cheers to Cody!

Is the 18-20 lbs on 91 pump gas? Sleeved block?

WOODY

Great 1000th post! :wink:

The car is 3.2 L sleeved with 9.5:1 compression forged pistons, 750 cc injectors, MLS gasket and ARP bolts on 93 octane pump gas, rps clutch

Glad to hear! Did you bring it down by us or is it at your other place. You'll have to come over and take me out for another ride some time when the traffics not so bad and show me what that thing can really do. I don't think we really got out of first much even though that was still awesome. Stop by for a beer sometime, I a got few questions for you about my car.

The car is 3.2 L sleeved with 9.5:1 compression forged pistons, 750 cc injectors, MLS gasket and ARP bolts on 93 octane pump gas, rps clutch

Woody, We haven't talked glad to know your back? With Michigan finally warming up I have been able to finish my project w/Cody. After tire and rim upgrades and some detuning (ended w/480 rwhp), the performance has been great! The neighbor's 07 Zo6 although faster out of hole was back three car lengths by third gear. I am excited to get it on the track at Grattan. I never would have believed this kind of performance by bolting on a "huffer". I have driven the car more this past couple of weeks than in the last couple of years. I find myself finding different routes home just to find excuses to excercise the car! If the temperatures increase by 10 degrees I might even get some traction out of those 275/35's X 18 in first.

Charlie

It sure makes it much more interesting to drive! I just put 295/35/18 on mine and I believe it has improved my traction, even on these cold roads

Woody - Traction under 50 is a real problem. Cody has detuned to 5-6 psig and first gear and that has helped but not much. With your 580 rwhp and the 295's are you hooking up? I bought the Dunlop Direzzas Sport Z1 Spec (a Ken NSXTACY recommendation) and they perform well. I also believe another 20+ degrees will help a ton.

Am I to understand Cody is picking up your car this week? I think he is dropping off my 3.0 and parts the same time. Watch out for his new silver bullet, rumor has it he added a "huffer" to it as well.

Charlie

Woody - Traction under 50 is a real problem. Cody has detuned to 5-6 psig and first gear and that has helped but not much. With your 580 rwhp and the 295's are you hooking up? I bought the Dunlop Direzzas Sport Z1 Spec (a Ken NSXTACY recommendation) and they perform well. I also believe another 20+ degrees will help a ton.

Am I to understand Cody is picking up your car this week? I think he is dropping off my 3.0 and parts the same time. Watch out for his new silver bullet, rumor has it he added a "huffer" to it as well.

Charlie

Charlie,
Glad to see that lyou are pout enjoying the car. Mine is still at our cottage, bringing it home next week assuming there is no SNOW. Did you see the drive up the west coast, hope you can make it. I hope to be there with the NSX and maybe my wife with the Noble.
Tim

Charlie

I hope to meet up with him and do a maintainance check up and make sure everything is as it should be.

If I go the FI route this the road I'll be taking. I've been following every Lovefab thread since they started life and I've been impressed every step of the way.

I recently picked up a spare NSX which will be the modded monster while Charlotte continues to live on as the NA wench that she is.

I had the 1st production kit for 3 years (stage 3) and I never had one issue on my stock 3.2 engine. I just sold the kit a few months ago to a freind and he installed it on 2002 Imola NSX. He did have a CTSC and he was pissed off at himself for not going turbo in the 1st place.

I had the 1st production kit for 3 years (stage 3) and I never had one issue on my stock 3.2 engine. I just sold the kit a few months ago to a freind and he installed it on 2002 Imola NSX. He did have a CTSC and he was pissed off at himself for not going turbo in the 1st place.

What did he do with the CTSC? I have a 91 3.0

Cody is AMAZING!!!!!

my car is fantastic

at some point we need to try and get as many LOVEFAB NSXs in one place as possible!!

And that would be NSXPO2009 in Toronto - 3 FI Vendors, including LoveFab w/cars on display for technical seminars:):).

Regards,
LarryB

Brandonson

Are you selling your NSX? What made you decide to part out your turbo kit?

Brandonson

Are you selling your NSX? What made you decide to part out your turbo kit?

I decided I wanted to change the turbocharger itself so I can try something different with my built engine. It made more sense to sell my turbo system to a freind and start over with another system. Once again I had no issues with the Lovefab system it was just more cost effective to go this route in order to make the changes I wanted.

Last edited:
I do not want to hi-jack this thread but I have been meaning to write a post in support of Cody at LoveFab.

My car has been quiet for most of the winter taking her out only here and there to get her running but when I did, she started right up and hasn't given me any trouble.

I have about 15k on my loveFab system with about 8k put on in about 2 weeks on the Cross country AKA Rally.

Anyway I recently ran a 04 SC Cobra who was talking trash about the NSX so I had to put that to rest.

Enjoy! and again I didn't mean to post this in this thread but I only felt it was worthy since its Cody's work!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b8u3a084sGE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b8u3a084sGE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's about the stupidest thing I've seen. Street racing through traffic at night.

Someone "talks trash" and you respond by risking other drivers' lives to uphold the name of the NSX. Stupid.

I do not want to hi-jack this thread but I have been meaning to write a post in support of Cody at LoveFab.

My car has been quiet for most of the winter taking her out only here and there to get her running but when I did, she started right up and hasn't given me any trouble.

I have about 15k on my loveFab system with about 8k put on in about 2 weeks on the Cross country AKA Rally.

Anyway I recently ran a 04 SC Cobra who was talking trash about the NSX so I had to put that to rest.

Enjoy! and again I didn't mean to post this in this thread but I only felt it was worthy since its Cody's work!

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b8u3a084sGE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Alex, Alex, Alex..... one night in jail wasn't enough. Do we have to dig up that old thread.... "I'll never do that again..." :rolleyes:

Alex, Alex, Alex..... one night in jail wasn't enough. Do we have to dig up that old thread.... "I'll never do that again..." :rolleyes:

This was actually about the same time as my "vacation" last summer.

As I said I just got around to editing this video.

Trust me, I learned my lesson from last summer and that will not happen again but I couldn't help it after getting the LoveFab Treatment!

Last edited:
Back