• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low and Wide...

Im going to try these things out on my NSX lol:biggrin:

Attachments

• Pics_Tank_4x4_Tires_2.jpg
    Pics_Tank_4x4_Tires_2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 350
I think the scumbags that are doing this too these beautiful cars are only proofing 3 things. 1st they are abusing hondas reliability, 2nd there johnson isn't big enough, so they have to take it out on something else. 3rd they seek attention bc deep down they are scumbags.

I'm going to start a whole new fad,small bicycle tires on a car rim..like 10-15 of them all squeezed onto a 10 inch wheel......how baller is that?

Pretty baller, but if you're trying to out fail VIP you'll have to try harder.

Rice is hard to define, but it's surely not limited to inexpensive cars. Or sports cars. Or even to imports. In my mind's eye, I can imagine a riced out Mustang! Rice is a mindset where the owner's personal taste outweighs conventionally accepted mods, even if the mod makes the car perform worse.

I'm not a fan of VIP or hella flush or most other trends (VIP and hella flush are not new; ask old school enthusiasts from Southern California), but as long as a mod is done well (proper fit and finish) I'll give props to those who go the less traveled route, or even blaze their own trail. I wouldn't lie and say I like the mods, but I will still admire the owner for doing what they want, even if they know some won't like it.

So, ShaneC, do what you want with YOUR CAR. Some people here mod their cars by committee, but I applaud your dedication to mod how you want. It looks like you're going down a road that leads to a car that i wouldn't like. But I still support the modding lifestyle you have at heart. Good luck.

J

I think the scumbags that are doing this too these beautiful cars are only proofing 3 things. 1st they are abusing hondas reliability, 2nd there johnson isn't big enough, so they have to take it out on something else. 3rd they seek attention bc deep down they are scumbags.

Wow...and how do you really feel? It's one thing to have an opinion, but it's another to be blatantly disrespectful. I would question who is the scumbag in this post. And BTW...learn how to spell and write in a complete, coherent sentence before bashing someone.

Wow...and how do you really feel? It's one thing to have an opinion, but it's another to be blatantly disrespectful. I would question who is the scumbag in this post. And BTW...learn how to spell and write in a complete, coherent sentence before bashing someone.

I'm impressed:eek: you are getting the hang of this whole trying to keep prime a mature respectful public forum thing,where everyones opinion is welcome if conveyed coherently and with basic English syntax:cool:

I'm impressed:eek: you are getting the hang of this whole trying to keep prime a mature respectful public forum thing,where everyones opinion is welcome if conveyed coherently and with basic English syntax:cool:
Why, you don't dig my barrio lingo? LOL!!

I just think its sad. I apologize if my opinion disrespected you. I also apologize about my grammer. I'm still trying to figure out if Y is a vowel. Can you please explain mr. Grasshopper

I agree with most of the the members that "hellaflush" looks way off and ugly on the NSX but no need to hate on a personal level :p

Personally i love the hellaflush look. Would i do it to an NSX? If i didn't want to use it on track...probably.

As far as i'm concerned, there are too many hypocritical comments. People talk about the NSX being a pure performance tool, so why do so many Prime members fit 18/19s on a car which used to have 15" in fronts?!

Why do so many people used forced induction on a car that purposefully went down the route of naturally aspirated?

Why do people want to upset the lines of the car with bodykits and F-Car wannabe bits?

Dare i say it, for the purity of the car, why the hell is there an auto and targa version???`

Those are just examples. But just because people don't agree, doesn't make it wrong.

Personally i love the hellaflush look. Would i do it to an NSX? If i didn't want to use it on track...probably.

As far as i'm concerned, there are too many hypocritical comments. People talk about the NSX being a pure performance tool, so why do so many Prime members fit 18/19s on a car which used to have 15" in fronts?!

Why do so many people used forced induction on a car that purposefully went down the route of naturally aspirated?

Why do people want to upset the lines of the car with bodykits and F-Car wannabe bits?

Dare i say it, for the purity of the car, why the hell is there an auto and targa version???`

Those are just examples. But just because people don't agree, doesn't make it wrong.

Well said, the hyprocracy on this site is purely ludicrous. And the flaming and bashing on this site is anything but mature as most of the vet members like to self proclaim as indicative of this thread. Regardless of the hellaflush "trend" "fad", or whatever terminology you chose, setting up an agressive stance is nothing, but new.

Dare i say it, for the purity of the car, why the hell is there an auto and targa version???

whoa, wait a second, what a Targa as anything to do with "EL CHOLO" style popping on the side wheels?

aece1tn6.jpg

Pure sports cars aren't supposed to have roofs -to begin with- anyways! :biggrin:

... Seriously now, everyone can have opinions and tastes for "mods" yes, but when you see a car so nice as the NSX been raped (have you seen the hellaflush cars after some months of abuse? - cracked fenders, cracked wheels, torn paint. trashy looks- .... it hurts ... we are supposed to park our NSX's next the the elite of world class cars, not in front of a Taco Bell with the "crew" LOL

Oscar

PS: I love you car btw, don't be mad with me LOL

wow.. this thread is still alive... :eek:

i guess it's time for update.

hate it or love it... here's the car as of today.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

over time i will probably get bored of the car and go wider with the wheels.

the car is lowered on bc racing with custom spring length/rate and valving.

Why do people tilt the rear wheels like that? Is it just for looks or it is for drifting or something? Id imagine that you have less contact with the road when the tires are at an angle, or at least more weight on a smaller portion of the tire...is there a decrease in grip?

Why do people tilt the rear wheels like that? Is it just for looks or it is for drifting or something? Id imagine that you have less contact with the road when the tires are at an angle, or at least more weight on a smaller portion of the tire...is there a decrease in grip?

negative camber... the more you lower your car, the more it pulls the top of your tire inward.

Oh because if they had the tire straight up and down it would rub on the fender, i see. Well, they could always get a smaller wheel but that wouldnt be tite

Cause and effect:
If you lower your NSX aggressively, it causes severe negative camber, whether it's desired or not.

Form vs Function:
Some people also prefer greater negative camber for track purposes without lowering their NSX aggressively. Some people prefer greater negative camber to fit aggressive wheels when lowered.

perfect video for the super slammed and wide:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZogHcKNoMc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZogHcKNoMc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Back