• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LS7NSX Ultimate Hybrid Project NEW Photos!

Totally NEW! 10-15-09

Many of you have asked for "broader perspective", and/or bigger pics----Well, it's finally up, ready for viewing---better than photo bucket, & a lot more narrative / descriptions of components in each pic & relatively WAAAY-Better! www.LS7NSX.com

NEW PHOTOS 10-01-09 (most outrageous engineering yet!)---Whats wrong with an all-girl pit crew? They are dedicated!---will be featured in a 16 month calendar (MsBadwrench.com) available for Christmas! Pics are at LS7NSX, Albums http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/album.php?u=10037

I could use some help from a "Solidworks" genius with aerospace experience (body mold modeling)
Also, still need connection to CF fab shop with large autoclave---any "real" help appreciated!

NEW ALBUM 10-01-09!

Last edited:
You should leave the car bare aluminum, polish it and add American Airlines red/white/blue stripes and then you have your sponsor. :biggrin:

34329.jpg

You should leave the car bare aluminum, polish it and add American Airlines red/white/blue stripes and then you have your sponsor. :biggrin:

34329.jpg

Hey Jim.... lol dont give away all of our secerts....

Attachments

• DSCF3139.JPG
    DSCF3139.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 471
you need bigger pics!! post them on photobucket or something... :)

Any pics of the engine mounted or is it in yet? transmission?? thx

Bigger pics are "in the works"---to be more photo-documentary style, many more pics (hundreds)---all to be online at www.LS7NSX.com
Engine & tranny have been in & out of the car numerous times---currently out because rear suspension chrome moly sub-frame just being finished, & it incorporates a removable crossmember which supports the transaxle. This subframe is version 2.0 of rear end design, as I originally built an all aluminum crossmember (in the pics in my albums) that facilitated use of the stock NSX suspension. Decided @ 70% project completion to build full custom suspension featuring much stronger bearing hubs, & upper & lower control arms whose pick-up points (heims) can be adjusted up or down a total of 1.5" at all 4 corners. Also using billet uprights that feature removable steering arms, for precise ackerman "dial-in". Since wheelbase has been stretched 5", & front tire & wheel combo is larger than most guys can run in the rear, I'm using a woodward power steering rack---which is now "front steer" because the uprights are C-6 clones.
FYI "engine-in-car" pics in album 1, #s 5 & 7---also album 2, #8. I have new pics to upload, but they're on my office computer, & I'm outta there until Mon. Happy 4th! Dale

Last edited:
Ultimate Hybrid NSX clarification---scope & purpose! http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/album.php?u=10037

For those with perspiring minds;

My GOAL was to put all of the hype over Hybrids to rest, with a TRUE Hybrid! Racing technology from 5 countries all integrated into a beast of beauty! Japanese supercar, American horsepower, German precision transmission, Italian brakes, & English air jacks,weight jackers, anti-roll technology---Batteries Not Included!--haha!
Imagine if Chip Foose built a ALMS or Daytona Prototype car----would he be considering writing the check to Riley or Lola, or would he seek to take the breed to a new level----just because he can!

I certainly dont have as deep of pockets as many on this forum, but I just passed the 3rd anniversary of tearing the car down, (spend as you go--how novel!) & it's a good thing I wasnt in any particular hurry, as I have met & made friendships with many people who have volunteered their expertise / opinions on elements of my overall concept. (for example; instead of the Nascar style cage bars at the doors, I will have CF/Kevlar "crush-boxes" that are being fabbed by the same shop that builds the ones in the Pratt & Miller C6R GT-1 / GT-2 Corvettes) Principals, engineers, race team mgrs from numerous credible entitys such as Penske, Pratt & Miller, Tilton, BBS, Brembo, AP Racing, Fuelsafe, MSD Racepak, Katech, Kinsler, Dailey engineering, JME enterprises, & the list goes on.

For those of you who dont know me, I raced the car with a stock engine for six years at many of the best fun tracks in the Southwest. It was common for my NA NSX to set quick time over a field of SC & TC NSX's anywhere---all because I've had a lifetime of racing experience---both as a driver, & in car preparation & set-up, i.e. MY NSX out-handled everybody elses! I did grow tired, however of the turbo Porsches & Monster Corvettes blowing by me on any track with a long straight! Hence my "project" was born out of necessity---the need to constantly go faster!

FYI, sanctioning bodies rules are a bit short-sighted! The "Ultimate Hybrid NSX" is being built to run in certain "outlaw" events, "unlimited" and/or "exhibition" classes in events like Time Attack, some special appearances at Formula Drift, some "Magazine" events like the 200mph shootout, & Open Track Challenge. I'm expecting to support the appearance schedule through the revenue generated from "MsBadwrench" special appearances---I'm not kidding about training an all-girl (drop-dead gorgeous) pit crew! The racecar will be in MsBadwrench livery, & be featured in tradeshows & even pre-packaged MsBadwrench TV segments on SPEED----SOOOO---there IS madness to my method! Besides, I actually enjoy the engineering & fabrication aspect---keeps me out of the topless bars!

A complete documentary & technical dialogue will soon be up at www.LS7NSX.com

If ANYONE has a connection to a CF fab facility with a LARGE autoclave, I would greatly appreciate a referral---just show them this post, & chances are they might want to get in on the publicity side of this project! (Did I mention I am a blatant self-promoter?--haha!)

Last edited:
As you can see by my name, this project is right up my alley. Is there a chance for a production swap kit? Our NSX's are so unique and beautiful, however the once exotic engine is now anemic by all standards - especially by today's HP monsters like the LS7.

As you can see by my name, this project is right up my alley. Is there a chance for a production swap kit? Our NSX's are so unique and beautiful, however the once exotic engine is now anemic by all standards - especially by today's HP monsters like the LS7.

Glad you "get it"---kit not practical, as so much of the engine bay / gas tank & firewall area has to be dramatically re-designed. Also, rear wheel centerline has to be at least 2" farther aft for proper axle shaft alignment.
At least 1000 other misc modifications from oil tank to shift linkage----not a project for even most "decent" fab shops!
Stay tuned!---final car will be more like a Daytona Prototype, but be streetable (as much as a Mosler is streetable)----more Supercar than just a "track monster"!

Last edited:
Just added new album 10-01-09
Ultimate Hybrid NSX VIII

My eyes gloss over every time I see these pics.... :eek: Its hard to tell what part of the car you are looking at though....... amazing work! :biggrin:

Last edited:
My eyes gloss over every time I see these pics.... :eek: Its hard to tell what part of the car you are looking at though....... amazing work! :biggrin:

Totally NEW! 10-15-09

Many of you have asked for "broader perspective", and/or bigger pics----Well, it's finally up, ready for viewing---better than photo bucket, & a lot more narrative / descriptions of components in each pic & relatively WAAAY-Better! www.LS7NSX.com

Last edited:
Man I must say your metal work is impressive... and how you plan ahead... I'm surprised honda hasn't contacted you haha :eek: :biggrin:

Re: LS7NSX Ultimate Hybrid Project NEW website finally up!

Way more pics, much larger files, & detailed narrative---in response to everyone who's expressed an interest---follow along on this exotic build!. . . www.LS7NSX.com

Ultimate Hybrid NSX clarification---scope & purpose! http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/album.php?u=10037

For those with perspiring minds;

My GOAL was to put all of the hype over Hybrids to rest, with a TRUE Hybrid! Racing technology from 5 countries all integrated into a beast of beauty! Japanese supercar, American horsepower, German precision transmission, Italian brakes, & English air jacks,weight jackers, anti-roll technology---Batteries Not Included!--haha!
Imagine if Chip Foose built a ALMS or Daytona Prototype car----would he be considering writing the check to Riley or Lola, or would he seek to take the breed to a new level----just because he can!

I certainly dont have as deep of pockets as many on this forum, but I just passed the 3rd anniversary of tearing the car down, (spend as you go--how novel!) & it's a good thing I wasnt in any particular hurry, as I have met & made friendships with many people who have volunteered their expertise / opinions on elements of my overall concept. (for example; instead of the Nascar style cage bars at the doors, I will have CF/Kevlar "crush-boxes" that are being fabbed by the same shop that builds the ones in the Pratt & Miller C6R GT-1 / GT-2 Corvettes) Principals, engineers, race team mgrs from numerous credible entitys such as Penske, Pratt & Miller, Tilton, BBS, Brembo, AP Racing, Fuelsafe, MSD Racepak, Katech, Kinsler, Dailey engineering, JME enterprises, & the list goes on.

For those of you who dont know me, I raced the car with a stock engine for six years at many of the best fun tracks in the Southwest. It was common for my NA NSX to set quick time over a field of SC & TC NSX's anywhere---all because I've had a lifetime of racing experience---both as a driver, & in car preparation & set-up, i.e. MY NSX out-handled everybody elses! I did grow tired, however of the turbo Porsches & Monster Corvettes blowing by me on any track with a long straight! Hence my "project" was born out of necessity---the need to constantly go faster!

FYI, sanctioning bodies rules are a bit short-sighted! The "Ultimate Hybrid NSX" is being built to run in certain "outlaw" events, "unlimited" and/or "exhibition" classes in events like Time Attack, some special appearances at Formula Drift, some "Magazine" events like the 200mph shootout, & Open Track Challenge. I'm expecting to support the appearance schedule through the revenue generated from "MsBadwrench" special appearances---I'm not kidding about training an all-girl (drop-dead gorgeous) pit crew! The racecar will be in MsBadwrench livery, & be featured in tradeshows & even pre-packaged MsBadwrench TV segments on SPEED----SOOOO---there IS madness to my method! Besides, I actually enjoy the engineering & fabrication aspect---keeps me out of the topless bars!

A complete documentary & technical dialogue will soon be up at www.LS7NSX.com

If ANYONE has a connection to a CF fab facility with a LARGE autoclave, I would greatly appreciate a referral---just show them this post, & chances are they might want to get in on the publicity side of this project! (Did I mention I am a blatant self-promoter?--haha!)

Back