• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Max speed in nsx

holy geez... that's awesome. but maybe he glued the needles when he was installing the aftermarket gauges. LOL on kidding

wouldn't the engine explode at that kinda RPM?

personaly you need alot of room to get any hope of max speed runs in 5th gear in a NA nsx.All of my max speeds on long tracks have been in 4th... the motor vs wind resistance upshifting to 5th has the latter winning big time.I've seen 148 tached out in 4th.

Past summer when i drove from edmonton to winnipeg i got my 94 stock nsx to 280 ... When i realized i passed by rcmp ( police ) i had no plates didnt stop ... That was on #16 highway between saskatoon and winnipeg its dead zone for radio :))

Makija that is insane. You guys are all awesome I'm so glad I started this thread to see what others are doing and set some goals for myself and my car. Keep it coming!

That was with NITROUS not Turbo

OK, so naturally-aspirated with nitrous you got over 600 hp at 9000 rpm?

Judging by the flash in the picture, I assume you were driving at night but your high-beam indicator wasn’t lit. Were you driving with your dipped beams at 210 mph?

Edit:

When your car was n/a with nitrous you stated in this thread that "What we could get from the car was 373WHP and 417 Nm of torque (307ftlbs)".

373whp should let a pop-up headlight NSX with its headlights retracted get to about 315 km/h (196 mph) on a flat stretch of road if the engine put out that power at 8400 rpm. However, according to your nitrous dyno chart here, your engine put out that amount of power at about 7100 rpm and your torque was falling after about 5900 rpm. If your fuel cutoff with nitrous was at 7100 rpm, where your dyno measurement stopped, your top speed with stock five speed gearing should have been about 267 km/h (166 mph).

A C30A with 9:1 JE Pistons, steel head gaskets, ARP head studs, Taitec headers and muffler, and a 250hp shot of nitrous was a seriously cool engine. But 373 whp at about 7100 rpm shouldn't get you to 340-345 km/h at almost 9000 rpm unless something else was going on. Did you get rid of the rev limiter and drive down a hill? Did your oil pump survive that engine speed?

Last edited:
I was in blodi's slipstream on that 166 mph run (on the track of course) in my stock /94 with NA2 headers and muffler. I let off @ 150 and she was still pulling. The most amazing thing to me is what Shawn said -- so amazingly planted and stable at speed.

187mph on the datalogs with 315/30/18 tires. Realistically, was somewhere closer to 200mph with the tire height.
The outer diameter of that size is only 2.3 percent larger than stock, so the discrepancy in speed due to the tire size would be affected by that same percentage. So 187 turns into 191.

My NSX has neither forced induction nor nitrous so I don't think it really fits into this sub-forum but since you're the OP:

In the winter of 1994/1995 I had my NSX's engine modified with the following: Comptech-modified OEM airbox, Unifilter foam air filter, Extrude Honed intake manifold, Comptech ported and polished cylinder heads milled for a slightly increased compression ratio (~10.6:1), Comptech high-lift camshafts, Comptech ceramic coated headers, HKS muffler, and the engine management chip in the PGM-FI was custom-programmed by Autothority with the car on a dyno. For sake of the engine's safety, I also had a Comptech high-volume oil pump with billet gears installed. At the time, I had heard about the risk of the OEM sintered metal oil pump gears shattering during extended high rpm usage. In the meantime, Kaz has stated that the problem is a resonance in the OEM oil pump gears at a bit over 8000 rpm. When the PGM-FI was reprogrammed, the dyno measured 408 rwhp and in the exact same state of tune, a different dyno measured 270 rwhp. The engine was in that configuration in 1999 when the pictures in posts #17 and #18 were taken. When the pictures were taken, the car was also lowered about an inch with Eibach springs and I temporarily blocked off the a/c openings in the nose with pieces of Styrofoam.

In the meantime, I've had the throttle body bored out by Science of Speed, port-matched the gasket between the throttle body and the intake manifold, installed Comptech adjustable cam gears, a Power Enterprise Super Kevlar II timing belt, an ATI crank pulley, and replaced the rusted-through ceramic coated mild steel headers from Comptech with stainless steel headers from Cantrell, which I also had ceramic coated so that they radiate less heat into the engine. Sitting on my shelf are a set of Acura RDX injectors which I hope to get installed soon and I'm thinking about installing a pair of metal core catalytic converters.

But it does interest me what could allow the gauges of a pop-up headlight NSX with 373 rwhp at 7100 rpm to show 211 mph at almost 9000 rpm when the coolant temperature gauge indicates that the engine was only about halfway warmed up. If there were fantastic aerodynamic improvements, I'd love to learn and apply them to my car as well.

Last edited:
Nsx zero I think we need some video evidence. Come on make a run and prove yourself. I will accept no excuses only "ok" and a post. Looking forward to an epic vid.

Nsx zero I think we need some video evidence. Come on make a run and prove yourself. I will accept no excuses only "ok" and a post. Looking forward to an epic vid.

Kev, you know that nsxzero has my turbo kit as well? He made some really good numbers and lives in Europe.

Wil I did not know that - I'm not even doubting his claims but it seems others on here are so I'm trying to stop the 6 paragraph " it didn't happen posts". I say 210 plus fn sweet. Wanna see !!

AND YOU DIDNT BLOW THE MOTOR ON NOS AT 9k. That's fuckn balls bro. Mad props

Can't say I agree with anyone saying these cars are stable at speeds being discussed. Maybe it's because I was on Tein coil overs at the time but to me the car seemed very light and twitchy in the front end.

NA1MT, FWIW I am on totally stock suspension and felt car to be glued to road @ 150 mph. Granted, I have not spent very much time at that speed and was going straight but I did not detect any lightness/twitchiness. My passenger had a totally serene ride. I have a friend with a Porsche 997.2 (S) -- now that car under acceleration at speed did feel a bit light in the front.

Was on a highway, going downhill while turning slightly to the left before going slightly back uphill. Wide open throttle with my BBSC at the time.

I have been that fast many times in a "straight line" on a "flat" road and sure it felt fine under those circumstances.....but those circumstances are just boring....lol.

It is pretty stable with the front under tray, vented hood and radiator ducting to the hood. That may fix your front end lightness.

Back