• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

May 20-22 NSXCA Midwest Spring Fling 2006

All details for this event are now final! Here's what we've got planned...

NSX Club Midwest Spring Fling ’06
May 20-22, 2006

The Midwest Region of the NSX Club of America is pleased to announce the NSX Club Midwest Spring Fling, which will take place May 20-22, 2006! This event will provide a balance of both social and car-related activities in the charming resort area of southwestern Michigan. This also means the opportunity to get your NSX out of winter hibernation, and to spend time with your fellow NSX owners, seeing old friends and making new ones! The event will include the following activities:

Saturday May 20
- Lunch at New Holland Brewing Company in Holland, Michigan
- Walking tour of Holland, on your own
- Group drive from Holland to South Haven
- Banquet at Tello’s Trattoria in South Haven

Sunday May 21
- Light breakfast at the Comfort Suites in South Haven
- Group drive to Hickory Corners
- Tour of the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners
- Group drive to Kalamazoo
- Sunday brunch at Bravo! Restaurant in Kalamazoo
- Winery tours in Paw Paw
- Dinner in South Haven, on your own

Monday May 22
- CGI Motorsports Drivers School on the track at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven
- Dyno pulls in South Haven

Casual attire is appropriate for this event.

Registration

Registration in advance is required for this event. The event registration form for the Saturday and Sunday activities appears at the end of this e-mail. To register for the drivers school on Monday, download the application from CGI’s website at http://www.cgimotorsports.com/school_appl.html

You can join us for all of these activities, or you can pick and choose which activities you would like to attend. If you want to only attend certain specific activities, you can sign up for those activities and meet us at the indicated place and time.

Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No applications will be accepted if they are received after May 12, 2006, except as replacements for cancelled applications received prior to that date. Registration fees will be refundable in full if your request for a refund is received by May 12, 2006. Requests for cancellations received after this date will be refunded only if the reservation can be filled with another participant.

If you have questions about the Saturday and Sunday activities, contact Ken at [email protected] For questions about the Monday drivers school, contact Phil at [email protected]

Hotel

You are responsible for arranging your own Hotel accommodations, which are not included in the event registration. We have arranged a special bargain rate of $65 per night for Friday through Sunday nights at the Comfort Suites. Ask for the CGI Motorsports event rate. Reserve your room NOW, because these rates will only be valid for reservations made prior to May 1.

Comfort Suites
1755 Phoenix Street
South Haven, MI, US, 49090
Phone: (269) 639-2014
Fax: (269) 639-8961

MI242A1.JPG

Directions and Detailed Schedule of Events

Please note that Michigan is on Eastern Daylight Time.

Saturday May 20

10:30 a.m.
Meet in front of the Comfort Suites in South Haven, Michigan, for the drive to Holland.

1. Turn right leaving the hotel onto Phoenix Road westbound.
2. Go 0.3 mile and take the entrance to I-196 northbound.
3. Take I-196 northbound for 24.4 miles.
4. Take Exit 44 for US-31 north toward Holland and go 2.1 miles.
5. Take Exit 47B toward Holland, and stay STRAIGHT to go onto BLUE STAR MEMORIAL HWY / US-31 BR / I-196 BL.
6. Continue to follow US-31 BR / I-196 BL. Go 2.5 miles into downtown Holland.
7. Turn right onto 9th Street and go two blocks.
8. Turn left at College Avenue go one block to 8th Street where the restaurant is located.

11:30 a.m.
Arrive at New Holland Brewing Company in Holland for lunch.

New Holland Brewing Company
66 East 8th Street
Holland, Michigan 49423
(616) 355-NHBC

sidewindow.gif

1:00 p.m.
Leave the restaurant for walking and shopping in Holland.

http://www.holland.org/

Unique restaurants, quaint cafes, and farm markets add to an enjoyable day of shopping in Holland's Victorian-styled downtown, which borders the lovely campus of Hope College. Traditions like Dutch WinterFest and treasures such as the Big Red lighthouse and beautiful bronze statues throughout the town help tell the story of Holland's rich history and strong values.

5:00 p.m.
Leave Holland to drive to South Haven.

6:00 p.m.
Arrive at the Comfort Suites in South Haven.

Comfort Suites
1755 Phoenix Street
(at the Phoenix Road Exit 20 from I-196, on the north side of Phoenix Road 0.5 mile east of the interchange)
South Haven, MI, US, 49090
Phone: (269) 639-2014
Fax: (269) 639-8961

7:00 p.m.
Depart the Comfort Suites to drive to Tello's Trattoria

1. Leave the Comfort Suites heading west on Phoenix Road.
2. Cross over I-196 and at the next light, turn right onto Blue Star Highway.
3. Drive 1.6 miles and turn left onto North Shore Drive.
4. Drive 0.4 miles to Tello’s.

7:30 Michigan Time
Dinner is served at Tello's Trattoria

Tello's Trattoria
7379 North Shore Dr
South Haven MI 49090
(269) 639-9898

wMTIxMDU1MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Sunday May 21

8:30 a.m.
Light breakfast at the Comfort Suites.

9:00 a.m.
Depart the Comfort Suites and drive to the Gilmore Car Museum. (Those who wish to skip the car museum are welcome to leave the Comfort Suites at 11:30 a.m. and go straight to the restaurant in Kalamazoo to meet us for brunch.)

1. Take Phoenix Road westbound from the Comfort Suites.
2. At the light immediately before the highway ramps, turn left onto 73rd Street and go 1.5 miles.
3. Turn left onto M-43. Follow M-43 eastbound for approximately 50 miles, going through Kalamazoo and continuing on M-43.
4. After splitting off from M-89, continue to follow M-43 for 4.7 miles.
5. Turn RIGHT onto W Hickory RD / CR-400 and go 0.1 miles to the Gilmore Car Museum.

Localmap.jpg

Gilmore Car Museum
6865 W. Hickory Road
Hickory Corners, MI 49060
FAX 269.671.5843

leftarea_top.jpg

Admission to the museum is $8 per adult, payable at the entrance.

11:45 a.m.
Depart the Gilmore Car Museum to drive to Kalamazoo for brunch.

1. Start out going west on W HICKORY RD / CR-400 toward MI-43 / S WALL LAKE RD.
2. Turn LEFT onto MI-43 / S WALL LAKE RD. Continue to follow MI-43 for 5.7 miles.
3. Turn RIGHT onto MI-43 / D AVE E. and immediately turn LEFT onto GULL RD / MI-43. Continue to follow MI-43 for 5.0 miles.
4. Turn LEFT onto N SPRINKLE RD. and go 4.3 miles.
5. Merge onto I-94 W toward CHICAGO. Go 1.6 miles.
6. Take Exit 78 for Portage Road heading southbound (towards Kalamazoo Airport).
7. Go 0.5 mile on Portage Road and the restaurant will be on your right.

12:30 p.m.
Brunch at Bravo! Restaurant in Kalamazoo.

Bravo! Restaurant
5402 Portage Road
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49002
269-344-7700

banner_border.jpg

2:00 p.m.
Depart brunch for wineries in Paw Paw.

1. Leaving the restaurant, turn left going NORTH on PORTAGE RD and go 0.5 mile.
2. Enter I-94 westbound toward Chicago and go 17.4 miles.
3. Take Exit 60 for M-40 toward Lawton / Paw Paw. Turn right at the top of the ramp onto MI-40 and go 0.3 miles to the wineries.

Warner Vineyards
706 S. Kalamazoo Street
Paw Paw, MI 49079
Toll Free: (800)756-5357
Phone: (269)657-3165
Fax: (269)657-4154

top_warner.jpg

St. Julian Wine Company
716 S. Kalamazoo Street
PO Box 127
Paw Paw, MI 49079
Toll Free: (800)732-6002
Phone: (269)657-5568
Fax: (269)657-5743

logo_stj.gif

5:00 p.m.
Drive from wineries back to South Haven.

1. From the wineries, drive north on M-40 for 6 miles.
2. Turn left onto M-43 and go 23 miles.
3. Right before the expressway, turn right onto 73rd Street and go 1.5 miles.
4. At Phoenix Road, turn right and go 0.5 mile to the Comfort Suites.

7:00 p.m.
Dinner on your own in South Haven. Those wishing to eat together may gather in front of the Comfort Suites.

Monday May 22

8:00 p.m.
Light breakfast at the Comfort Suites (included in the room rate).

9:00 Michigan Time
Drive to GingerMan Raceway (on Phoenix Road six miles east of the hotel)

9:30 Michigan Time
CGI Motorsports Drivers School at GingerMan Raceway (6 miles east of I-196 on Phoenix Road)

This event is NOT a race, but rather, a safe, high-speed driving school, conducted on a race track under close supervision by experienced instructors. Drivers of any experience level are welcome. This is an opportunity to experience what it’s like to drive your NSX on one of the finest racetracks in the country and to watch other NSX’s do the same. See the CGI Motorsports website for more information.

Dynomometer measurements of engine horsepower and torque will be available at the track as an optional activity for an extra fee.

mapfullcolor.jpg

“The NSX Club of America, Inc.” is an independent, non-profit organization and is not affiliated in any way with Honda Motor Co., Ltd. or the Acura Division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. The representations expressed in this brochure are the representations and opinions of the NSX Club of America, Inc., and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. or the Acura Division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “NSX”, “Acura”, and the Acura logo are registered trademarks of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and are used by permission.

© Copyright 2006, NSX Club of America, Inc.

NSX Club Midwest Spring Fling ’06
May 20-22, 2006
Registration Form

Note – this form is for the Saturday and Sunday activities only. No registration is required for spectators at the Monday drivers school. If you wish to register to drive in the Monday drivers school, download the application from CGI’s website.

Name(s) ______________________________________________

Saturday lunch at New Holland Brewing Company in Holland…………………………$ _________________
$10 per person for NSX Club members, $15 per person for non-members

Saturday evening banquet at Tello’s Trattoria in South Haven…………………………$ _________________
$30 per person for NSX Club members, $40 per person for non-members

Sunday brunch at Bravo! in Kalamazoo…………………………$ _________________
$20 per person for NSX Club members, $25 per person for non-members

NSX Club of America Membership Dues, $40 (New Members Only) …………………………$ _________________

Total…………………………$ _________________

___ Check or money order enclosed
___ Paypal (transfer funds at www.paypal.com to [email protected])
___ Charge to MasterCard/Visa/AmEx/Discover:

credit card number __________________________ expiration ____/____

Signature ____________________________

If paying by credit card or Paypal, you can fax this completed form to 847-869-0302 or mail it. Otherwise, send this completed form, with your check or money order payable to “NSX Club of America”, to:

NSX Club of America
P. O. Box A3416
Chicago IL 60690-3416

If you are interested in paying for a dynomometer measurement of your car, check here: ___

If you would like us to send you a confirmation of receipt of your registration, please indicate how we should send it to you: ___ e-mail ___ fax ___ postal mail ___ no confirmation required

If you are joining the NSX Club of America for the first time, please also complete the membership registration form which you can find at http://www.nsxca.org/nsxca/join/nsxca_registration_form.pdf

Last edited:
Re: May 20-22 NSXCA Midwest Spring Fling

RP-Motorsports said:
Ken, I will put that Monday on my calendar. I can help out with newbies on the track.

I am sure that we will bring at least 5 cars.

Bring the Orange One! :biggrin:

All registration details for this event are now complete. Please mark it on your calendars, send in your event registration, make your hotel reservation, sign up for the track event, and we'll see you there!

I'll be signing up for the track event.

comquat1 said:
So are you coming for the whole weekend?

Still up in the air how early we will arrive. At the very least, all day Sunday and Monday (depends on the others in our group)

I don't know if the red widebody will be done by then (June 1 is our goal) since there is a Midwest Exotic car show in June in Madison WI (I believe it will be the second weekend. Still TBD.
www.midwestexoticcars.com

I need to get mine into Johnny for a "to do list"
--new inner rear cv boot
--new red valve covers installed
--new cam plugs
--front right tie rod replaced
--4 wheel align

This will tie some funds up for april/may :mad:

But my car will be like new again! :smile:

RP-Motorsports said:
--4 wheel align
Plan to hang around when that part is done. They'll put you in it so the alignment is done with exactly your weight in the driver's seat.

Just a reminder - this event is now only a month away. We're going to have a great time, eating together and driving around western Michigan together in our NSXs doing fun things!

Sign up in advance! Use the information above to mail or fax your event registration for the meals etc with the NSX Club of America. And there is still space available in the track event; sign up on the CGI Motorsports website.

Reserve your hotel room NOW! Our special room rate at the Comfort Suites (which is a great rate for South Haven, BTW) may not be available after this weekend, as noted above. So call the hotel to book your room within the next few days.

See you in Michigan!

Signed up. Newbie. Take it easy on me.
Beginner tips accepted, i.e. do's and dont's, the trick
things to bring. FAQ read.
I'll have a challenge wearing a helmet. Is roof
off O K ? Paddock have storage for wkend junk?
THX !

The following people are registered for Spring Fling:
Kevin Kent
James Hawrys
Andy Domagala
Steve Sommers
Neal Wisner
Ken Sax
Rae Talbot

Where is everybody else???? At the Black Ram, everybody was excited and was going to attend.

plumcraezy said:
Kevin Kent
James Hawrys
Andy Domagala
Steve Sommers
Neal Wisner
Ken Sax
Rae Talbot
Plus their spouses/guests. (And this list does not include those signed up for the Monday track event but not the weekend activities.) I'm sure we'll have a few more sign up between now and then (Frank and Cindy mentioned coming). But don't put it off! We're going to have a great time together, whether there are 15 of us, or 30. Be there!

I'm signed up for the track event only

plumcraezy said:
Kevin Kent
James Hawrys
Andy Domagala
Steve Sommers
Neal Wisner
Ken Sax
Rae Talbot

Where is everybody else???? At the Black Ram, everybody was excited and was going to attend.
Hopefully you've received our registration throught the mail by now. Carol and I are planning to be there for the weekend events as well as the track event. We're looking forward to the usual great event.

OhioSteve said:
Hopefully you've received our registration throught the mail by now. Carol and I are planning to be there for the weekend events as well as the track event. We're looking forward to the usual great event.
Terrific! I'm sure they'll be there when I pick up the mail on my way to GingerMan the day after tomorrow...

Hey All -

Yes, Cindy and I will be in attendance on Saturday and Sunday. I'm dropping the RSVP and our check in the mail this afternoon (we booked the hotel a couple of weeks ago).

Also, I know Bob Kenney will be there too (he is out of town this week). You should hear from him soon.

Sorry I didn't post sooner. Work has been crazy and I spend all last weekend installing my new suspension and wheels (thanks again Dad!). Alignment this Friday and it should be ready to go!

- Frank

I am helping out a guy at work who has to go out of town that weekend, so I will be working on the 20th and unable to make it there. Sorry gang. :frown:

Looks like a nice forecast for the event - partly sunny, highs in the sixties all three days!

And we're going to have a very nice group! Here's who's signed up for the Saturday/Sunday meals (L=Saturday lunch, D=Saturday dinner, B=Sunday brunch):

Ken (nsxtasy) L/D/B
Raemarie and Dave (plumcraezy) D/B
Kevin and Edna K. L/D/B
James and Theresa (NSX-Hawk) L/D/B
Andy and Arlene D. L/D/B
Steve and Patricia (needspeed) B
Neal (alum04org) D/B
Randy (nsx2tall) D/B
Frank and Cindy (Frank Oles) L/D/B
Steve and Carol (OhioSteve) L/D/B
Robert (Bob_54) B
Bob and Pam (Bob Kenney) L/D/B

This does not include those signed up for the track event who may also be attending.

If I've made any mistakes, or if you'd still like to sign up, send me a PM or e-mail.

See you in Michigan!

Anyone take pics? I wish i could have been there for the track day....:frown: It was perfect today, I bet the cars were running great with the air temp being lower than normal.

comquat1 said:
Anyone take pics? I wish i could have been there for the track day....:frown: It was perfect today, I bet the cars were running great with the air temp being lower than normal.

I think Brian got some pics. It was almost a perfect day for the track, warm enough for the tires, yet cool enough for the VTECs.:smile:

All the car were running great.

KeN SaX took pictures too...speaking of Ken...just wanted to thank him for all his hard work in putting the Spring Fling together. It was a wonderful event. Congrats to Randy Johnson on winning the ultimate NSX book, it's not TIRES, but its all good.:smile:
Thanks again!

Back