• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McLaren P1 Boost

I've read in two different on-line articles (Car & Driver and someone else) that the P1 is capable of 34.8 psi when needed. How is this possible without immediately grenading the engine? :eek:

Sounds kinda high......maybe they mean total combined.

The twin turbos boost the petrol motor at 2.4 bar to deliver 727 bhp (542 kW) and 719 Nm (531 lb ft) at 7500 rpm.

That is because it has a CR of 8.1:1

Not very efficient during non boost.

Which is why they spent just as much time dialing in the electric motor to fill in the hp/tq curve until the motor becomes very efficient in boost.

He just likes to flap and feel important.......it the quickest stock production car the world has ever seen.....and still gets up to 30mpg fuel economy. The boost does seem kinda high but the numbers are there in B&W.

not excessive... here's an engine being built for a 'street eliminator' racing, a street legal drag car in the UK, twin turbo... skip to about 6.20 for the figures....

peak at 33.23psi, at 3000+Hp! as always, there ain't no substitute for cubic inches!

serious engine for a serious car!

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/garage/bentley-continental-178554

Thank you for clearing that up Ritesh.....it didn't make sense to me, but who was I to dispute the numbers, not like I had one to test out......or will ever for that matter :(

Back