• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McLaren Will Win Again!

Looking from the outside, Martin never seem to had fire in his stomach to win since he took over from Ron. Not present at such a major company announcement is not a good sign.

Dennis to make changes at McLaren after being appointed Group CEO

By Jonathan NobleThursday, January 16th 2014, 18:14 GMT

<tbody>
</tbody>

McLaren looks set for a major management overhaul ahead of the 2014 Formula 1 season, AUTOSPORT has learned, after former team boss Ron Dennis was appointed as Group CEO.
After the announcement, Dennis has vowed to bring change to McLaren to get it back to the front of the Formula 1 grid following a disappointing 2013 season.
AUTOSPORT understands that Dennis addressed factory staff in Woking on Thursday afternoon to outline his increased responsibilities to the F1 team.
He also made it clear that a new structure was likely to be put in place, and a change of team principal cannot be ruled out.
"There will be changes," he told the staff during the address that lasted for 20 minutes. "We will win again."
Current team boss Martin Whitmarsh, who was not present for the address, remains in charge for now and sources insist that no decision has been taken yet on whether or not he will be replaced.
A final call on the matter will however be made in February, when Dennis will outline whether Whitmarsh stays or if another figure will be appointed to run the F1 team.
Dennis, who was team principal from 1982 to 2009, has replaced Whitmarsh as the Group CEO with immediate effect.
In statement issued by the team, Dennis outlined that he had been appointed to the role with the mandate of doing whatever is necessary to get McLaren back on track.
"My fellow shareholders have mandated me to write an exciting new chapter in the story of McLaren, beginning by improving our on-track and off-track performance," he said.
"Over the coming weeks I intend to undertake a thorough and objective review of each of our businesses with the intention of optimising every aspect of our existing operations, whilst identifying new areas of growth that capitalise on our technologies, and where appropriate further investing in them."

Last edited:
I'd like to see them woo Brawn

makes perfect sense...he and JB have some mojo.....and Brawn has solid experience running a team.

I hear ya.....I'm more of a JB fan...and nostalgic for what were the remnants of the old BAR/honda team.

Let's hope so. Bring a McLaren fan hasn't been much fun lately.

.............yes but then you can go for a drive in your car.:cool:.............so you have that goin for ya!

I want to see Ron Dennis himself take on the job of Team Principal for 2014 and 2015. If the team does well during those years, he can relinquish that role to someone else from within the organization after they have secured the 2015 constructor's championship and there are still a few races to go before the 2015 season ends.

I hear ya.....I'm more of a JB fan...and nostalgic for what were the remnants of the old BAR/honda team.

That's the only reason why I root for Macca now. But obviously the connection next year will be direct with Honda.

They're quickest in testing w/ rumors of the other teams copying their suspension design. Crossing fingers they screw the pooch like last year.

MP4 - 29 Images and suspension analysis. Magnussen is looking good in Practice. Ofcourse RB and SF could just be sand bagging it.

Back