• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

mesh stick shift boot

Just wondering what part I am missing. The mesh looks like a replica of the one used in the nsxr. In my car, it sinks and you can see the stalk of the stick shift between the shift knob and the mesh boot.

thanks in advance.

It's probably authentic, the part is only around $125 new.

On the NSX-R they install a jam-nut below the shift boot, which keeps the boot from sinking too low on the stalk; if the installer didn't use a jam nut the stalk will be exposed, which isn't aesthetically pleasing.

You can buy the nut from Acura for around $3, it's PN 90310-SL0-Z00. :smile:

I used a plastic washer. It must slide snuggly over the threaded area. This will prevent the boot from falling.

Or a couple zip ties around the stalk. I used it on my NSX and my S2000

modp-1104-02-o+06-honda-s2000+gear.jpg

Last edited:
Just use a large zip tie underneath and the problem will be solved.

With an OEM shifter stalk the washer or jam nut works well with the OEM leather boot +aftermarket knob. IMO the NSX-R boot looks a little stretched if the boot is attached where the threads stop. It needs to be lower on the stalk which also allows you to screw the aftermarket knobs down farther making your overall length less. The zip ties will work but you will need to remove the console again to install them. There is a way to do it without removing the console if you would like to know.

Mike

edit.. I have seen so many post of people needing a boot support. I use a rubber grommet that can be positioned anywhere on the stalk. If someone can give me the exact size of the stalk (below the threads), I will order some and give them away for free. My car is 700 miles away.

Last edited:
Back