• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mi area first meet and spirited drive of the season

Hey all

Well even if I don't have all my mods done yet I'm taking the NSX out in April. Anyone up for an early season get together and spirited drive sometime in an April?

Since I'd like to get as many of us together as possible let's set a date together when hopefully everyone can make it.

Yes Duffer we know if there's so much as cumulus cloud in the sky you'll just be with us in spirit :wink: ( LoL let the games begin )

So what works for everyone?

p.s I just pm'd over twenty of you so hopefully we get a good turn out

Last edited:
we'd love to get her out. she needs to cough back to life after that long winter. i go on spring break i believe the week of april second. a drive that week or weekend would be great, i think a sunday morning drive, or sunday after noon drive would work best, maybe we should plan around that and the weather....who knows, we might get another inch or two of snow befor the winters true end.

Clouds? :eek: I am more worried about those Michigan potholes. I am ready to pull Tweety out of hibernation. What day are you thinking of for the meet, Perry?

Definitely a Saturday. What Saturdays do you have free in April?

Actually for everyone who wants to come out post what Saturdays you have available and then we see which one works for everyone.

I am available on April 7, 14 and 28.

Whenever for us. just give us a date and we'll try to be there, if not the X, then just me, to check out your sweet rides.

some bonus pics of sleeping beauty.

sleepingbeautytd1.jpg

sleepingbeauty2lb8.jpg

sleepingbeauty3ra3.jpg

and im sure we all miss this

diongrass23qe.jpg

I still have a few more things to do on mine before she comes down off the jackstands. Probably at least a good 2-3 weeks. My insurance is supposed to go back on on the 27th. So the 28th would work the best. 14th probably wouldn't work cause its Bree's bday. I could always get the insurance back on her early though if the 21st works out to be the best. So if that isn't confusing enough.....what ever works for everyone else.

Okay sounds like the 28th is good. Let's see if it works for others as well.

Got your PM WingZ....thanx! I would love to join/meet ya'll for this, but unfortunately I am at sea until first week of May and then I am high tailing it to Chicago to buy that blue beauty. I am in Commerce so we are close neighbors and I will for sure let you all know when my garage has its new occupant!!

Scott

Got your PM WingZ....thanx! I would love to join/meet ya'll for this, but unfortunately I am at sea until first week of May and then I am high tailing it to Chicago to buy that blue beauty. I am in Commerce so we are close neighbors and I will for sure let you all know when my garage has its new occupant!!

Scott

Commerce huh? My brother lives right on on of the many Commerce roads. :wink: We are in F.H. so we are very close by. We need to meet up as this will be 3 LBB w/in close distance of eachother.

In terms of the meet, we are open most Sat. so it reall does not matter but I think it may be difficult to get everyone that early in the season. Some cars still hibernating and some are too busy. Either way we are game. :biggrin:

ouch.. where's the love for me??

i finally got a new wheel for my car for $1300 :frown:.... Cauley wanted $1600.

He did not PM you Nick? What a wanker..........:wink: We always want you to come out Nick! Glad you got a rim for your car but $1300. ouch!:eek: But hey, it is a Ferrari afterall. :wink:

Hey, how have you all been, good I hope. Looking forward to seeing you guys again, and meeting some of the new NSX owners.

I'm good for anytime 4/7 and 4/28, something on 4/14 or 4/21 would have to be in the late afternoon, after 2pm.

Nick I'm sorry buddy I didn't think you'd be interested in a sushi run since your into spaghetti now:wink: Won't happen again I promise! Please let us know what Saturday in April is good for you as it would be great to have you along!

Sincerely

Wanker ( pronounced Wankah! Wanker gets no street cred:biggrin: )

Scott

Hey thanks for responding Scott. Sorry we'll miss you in April ,but your definitely welcome to the next meet. Can't wait to see your car as since we just lost a LBB last year now it looks like we've got one coming right back into the fold. Ahem LBB rules:biggrin:

Hey, how have you all been, good I hope. Looking forward to seeing you guys again, and meeting some of the new NSX owners.

I'm good for anytime 4/7 and 4/28, something on 4/14 or 4/21 would have to be in the late afternoon, after 2pm.

Good to hear from ya and thanks for responding.

Looks like the the 28th is gaining momentum ,but we still have quite a few people that haven't responded yet so I'll wait until we get more responses. Keep checking back though!

Touching.....
Painfullllllllll..... :frown:

April 28 Sat is fine, looking forward to it already.
Good to hear from you all. I was thinking about tomorrow's Des Plaines, IL, NSXCA dinner, too. But that's a hideous drive, and as Al said, just full of wheel benders.

Looks to be 8- so far for the 28th. Now all we need is a nice place to meet up. Lunch? Dinner? Ideas? I am always up for some food. :biggrin: :tongue: :wink:

28 sounds good. Any weekend except for the 7th. Hopefully, the car will be here and we can do a spirited run, otherwise I will have to again try to borrow a car.

28 sounds good. Any weekend except for the 7th. Hopefully, the car will be here and we can do a spirited run, otherwise I will have to again try to borrow a car.

You still have not got your car back? I know it has been a long time. Man, you must be really missing it now. :frown:

The 28th is the only Saturday that I cannot make it, as we will be leaving for St. John (USVI) on that day.

Anyone interested in a seriously spirited drive should join me & my Porsche Club friends at our Driver Education track day at Waterford Hills in Clarkston. First event is Beginners Day - May 22nd. I am an instructor and would be happy to answer questions for any newcomers. NSX's and other non-Porsches are ALWAYS WELCOME. Instructors are provided and it is a fun, safe learning environment.

Cheers,
Roger

My car is almost ready. It is running and in the final stages of tuning. The pipes then come off to allow the assembly jigs to be setup and another turbo system should be available. Especially designed for the DIY person because of it's simplicity: air-air IC, gravity drain for the turbo, used with aftermarket headers (SOS). Early numers look very good:biggrin:

The 28th is the only Saturday that I cannot make it, as we will be leaving for St. John (USVI) on that day.

Anyone interested in a seriously spirited drive should join me & my Porsche Club friends at our Driver Education track day at Waterford Hills in Clarkston. First event is Beginners Day - May 22nd. I am an instructor and would be happy to answer questions for any newcomers. NSX's and other non-Porsches are ALWAYS WELCOME. Instructors are provided and it is a fun, safe learning environment.

Cheers,
Roger

Hey that sounds interesting. It's the wife B-day but if she's working I'm able to go. What's the cost and how many laps? I can fake being a beginner to get more lap time:biggrin:

Back