• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MI NSX Gathering August 6th Sunday!

After stewing on this for a year, I want to do it! I'd like to host a get-together here at "The Fishin' Shack" on Sunday, August 6th, from 1P til 6P.
I've spoken with several of you in advance, and this date seemed to work for you. I'll put out snacks/pops/water/adult Pepsi's. If no one shows up, I can ingest all the adult Pepsi's myself.... :biggrin: (Don't make me do THAT!!)
Fishin' Shack is located 35 miles west of the Motor City, just east of Ann Arbor, near M-14 and Ford Road exit. I'll PM directions to you upon hearing from you.
Horseshoes, boating, fishing, swimming, raft, cool cars. Significant others and children welcome. Drop by whenever you can that day!

Sorry I won't be there for this one guy's as the NSX and will be in WV at the Summit point raceway "getting our track on'.

Have a good time and please post pic's:biggrin:

We're planning on being there, both Liz, myself, and Nathaniel.

Want a tie-in? Meadowbrook is the same day. I have never been disappointed by the show. It would be great to see a handful of us show up at the same time. Let me know if you are interested, or have any other questions.
http://www.meadowbrookconcours.org/

28th Meadow Brook Concours d’Elegance
Sunday, August 6, 2006
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Meadow Brook Hall

To Purchase Tickets, Click Here

Patrons and auto aficionados from all over the world gather to view an outdoor exhibition and judging of approximately 300 of the world's most prized and collectible automobiles, as well as automotive art. Discounted tickets may be purchased in advance now through July 31st. For more information on how to purchase advance tickets, click here.

In its 28th year, the Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance is one of the largest and most prestigious classic car shows in the world. It commands the presence of some of the world's foremost car collectors, auto executives, auto enthusiasts and automotive media. It takes place at scenic Meadow Brook Hall, an automotive mansion on the campus of Oakland University, which is the fourth largest historic house museum in the United States. Proceeds from the event go to Oakland University and the preservation of Meadow Brook Hall.

Neal - I will try to make it. I am golfing in my club championship that weekend but I should be able to make it. I am somewhat familiar with the general vicinity where you live. Are there any dirt roads we should avoid? You know my car is a bit of a garage queen. :biggrin: :biggrin: I am looking forward to it!

Great to hear, Al! Right after you win the Stanley Cup that Sunday at Bushwood, you can bring it on over for us to swig out of! :biggrin: No dirts to worry, just M-14 destruction east of me from county line (Wayne-Washtenaw) to I-275. I'll PM you instructions.
We would appreciate seeing the garage queen, and please, don't post here SO much. (58 in how many years here?)

The way I have been golfing lately, the only cup I will be drinking out of is a Dixie cup. :mad: I look forward to pulling queenie out of the garage for your shin dig. As far as posts go, yes, I guess I am a bit of a lurker. I have owned my NSX seven years now. I can't believe how time has flown.

Neil, Theresa and I would like to come out for a visit on Sunday Aug 6. It's about time we take the Zanardi out for a drive longer then the 20mins it takes to get from Ziggys (our local ice cream parlor) and back!! Can you please email or PM direction. Thanks.

Looks like this shin dig/wing ding/what ever you want to call it may have a good turnout. We are hoping to make it and I hope to see all of you there.

ekin95 said:
Looks like this shin dig/wing ding/what ever you want to call it may have a good turnout. We are hoping to make it and I hope to see all of you there.

The politically correct term is "Fish ding" :biggrin:

"BUMP" on this event. Thank you to all the positive "I'll be there's". Long range forecast hopefully finds us ditching this hot and daily stuff (on my porch today at The Fishin' Shack it was 102) for Sat and Sun at 87 day and 66 night. Bring suit/towel/flip flops.
Looks to be a very good turn-out. Believe I owe one or three of you PM directions. Looking forward to Sunday.

And the stage is set. Fish Ding. :biggrin: Chainsaw rocked today, then the weed whacker.
The pine/spruce jungle gave up a parking space and two. Park anywhere you want. I'll put a little sign out front of the Fishin Shack.
Forecast 90, a bit humid. I ran off a group drive, in case.
From your responses and my PM'd directions, we will have 5-8 NSX's ?
Plus some others, and some special guests who appreciate NSX's.
Looks to be a good day, fish have been very aggressive, bring camera.
THX to all.

Hey where's the pic's?

Side note. This last trip has me up to 8k on the car so I'm definitely still in the mileage lead. Ha! where you at Neil?

It was another HOT day in Michigan but it was fun one. It was great seeing all of you and I wish we had a few more but there was a few that did not make it out (probably due to what they saw on the weather radar:wink: ) but it was a good turnout. Hope to do it again as we had a lot of fun. A few pics. Nothing special.

P1020112.jpg

P1020115.jpg

P1020117.jpg

Neal,

Thanks for hosting the event. For those of you who didn't make it, too bad:biggrin: We all had a good time and it was nice to put names to faces. The drive was quite interesting, I think that the drive was qutie "spirited" enough:eek: Let's try to do a fall colors drive, we can alway pick up Poet and do the tunnel of trees.

Tim

Looks/sounds like you guys had a good time, sorry I didn't make it out, just had too much stuff last minute going on this weekend. Is anyone getting together for the dream cruise at all?

ekin95 said:
You took the words right out of my mouth.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php? p=673533#post673533

I was going to start a thread on a dream cruise get together.

Thanks for posting pics Tim.

Back