• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michael Johnson picks NSX

On page 52 of this month's Top Gear mag (September) Michael Johnson (World's Fastest 400 meter runner) picks the NSX as his favorite car (tie with McLaren MP4-12C)... and laments selling his '95.

Not only is he fast, he has great taste.

Michael Johnson, if you are reading this, give me 47K and take mine! hahahaha

Mike Johnson, the guy from the 96 Atlanta Olympics that wore the gold shoes!?

My father took my little brother (he's over 6ft now) and I to a Dallas Mavericks game during Michael Jordan's last season. It ended up being the last time MJ played in Texas IIRC. A bunch of celebrities attended the game including Michael Johnson; my younger brother got his autograph. He had just won his gold medals etc. but was still fairly humble and kind to us.

FWIW Tory Aikman was also there and he was a bit of a punk. The NSX is a very special car and the used car prices reinforce it.

Still not a daily driver though.

Really? I thought the one focus of the MP4-12C was to make the car daily drivable. There was just an article in one of the car magazines talking about how comfortable it was. It was a long road trip so maybe it was more a commentary on the McLaren's touring comfort.

Really? I thought the one focus of the MP4-12C was to make the car daily drivable. There was just an article in one of the car magazines talking about how comfortable it was. It was a long road trip so maybe it was more a commentary on the McLaren's touring comfort.

+1

Chris Harris's review below specifically targets daily drivability...he compares ride quality to a Rolls Royce!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5mKB-8WUB5k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back