• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

I just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting everyone Wednesday night! Such a fun group to be around and talk cars. Thanks for the warm welcome and see you next time!

I just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting everyone Wednesday night! Such a fun group to be around and talk cars. Thanks for the warm welcome and see you next time!

I'm so glad you could join our little weekly get-together Tom, you're welcome to do so whenever you are in town.
Although our driving season is ramping down now, let me know (PM works fine) if you'll be around on the weekends just in case.

Cheers!
Brian

... . Kids are lusting for the C7 ZO6 and it is a beautiful vehicle so maybe but I anticipate returning....

Will you adopt me? I'll be a good son. I'll even cut the lawn.

You must be confusing me with a Jenner.

bump

Saw a few of you friends last Sunday.
And last Weds at CJ's we had 20 show up. Not bad for "hump day." :wink:

Petey that ramrods Toledo Cars-N-Coffee sent out notice today for the last 2015 CNC there. SUNDAY 8th weather looks clear, fifty F. Interest?

My NSX is already put to bed for the winter, but if it's nice I'll go and bring the S2000.

Let's watch that weather. .. never been to Toledo CnC. I may not drive there at death race speeds though!

Petey that ramrods Toledo Cars-N-Coffee sent out notice today for the last 2015 CNC there. SUNDAY 8th weather looks clear, fifty F. Interest?

CHANGE in plans for a local drive here on Detroit's west side. This Sunday November 8th, weather permitting (and looks good now).

Meet at 10:30 AM in South Lyon at Pontiac Trail and 8 Mile in the Leo's (Kroger) parking lot. Not for breakfast, just for a nice drive. We'll stay pretty local in the north Ann Arbor, Salem, Superior, Whitmore Lake, Northfield, and Lyon Townships.... likely ending up where we started. Perhaps an hour to an hour and a half long drive. Our friend Vince in red 458 Italia participating.

I'm in if it's nice.

Spotted a red NA1 parked in the southwest corner of Telegraph and Long Lake this morning.

I'm in if it's nice.

Spotted a red NA1 parked in the southwest corner of Telegraph and Long Lake this morning.

That's funny because I was headed eastbound on Long Lake towards Telegraph in my red NA1 at approx. 9 a.m. and I suspect the same red NA1 you are referring to passed me going west on Long Lake. Happened pretty quick and looked like he had a set of aftermarket wheels on his car. Wonder who that is.

Best,
Jeff

That's funny because I was headed eastbound on Long Lake towards Telegraph in my red NA1 at approx. 9 a.m. and I suspect the same red NA1 you are referring to passed me going west on Long Lake. Happened pretty quick and looked like he had a set of aftermarket wheels on his car. Wonder who that is.

Best,
Jeff

That's about the right time, I was going south on Telegraph about 8:45 when I saw it parked.

CHANGE in plans for a local drive here on Detroit's west side. This Sunday November 8th, weather permitting (and looks good now).

Meet at 10:30 AM in South Lyon at Pontiac Trail and 8 Mile in the Leo's (Kroger) parking lot. Not for breakfast, just for a nice drive. We'll stay pretty local in the north Ann Arbor, Salem, Superior, Whitmore Lake, Northfield, and Lyon Townships.... likely ending up where we started. Perhaps an hour to an hour and a half long drive. Our friend Vince in red 458 Italia participating.

I'm free Sunday so I'll be there. The Evora should sound a little more sporty on this drive as well. The old 45.6 lbs OEM exhaust was remove last night and the new (28.2 lbs) 2bular system will be installed tonight.

IMG_0421.jpg

I'm free Sunday so I'll be there. The Evora should sound a little more sporty on this drive as well. The old 45.6 lbs OEM exhaust was remove last night and the new (28.2 lbs) 2bular system will be installed tonight.

Great Scot!

That ought to bark the Camry right out of that V6 (8^D)

Brian

Last edited:

Best,
Jeff

That was me in my 91 NSX. Was at the Starbucks on Long Lake and Woodward.

Don't post much on the forum. May try and join you all on the Sunday drive.

I got a text from my wife that one of her co-workers also saw you this morning HSUKU. Small world.

Anyways, I'm going to try to make the drive on Sunday as well...I think I'm going to bring the 240Z for a little different experience though this week.

I got a text from my wife that one of her co-workers also saw you this morning HSUKU. Small world.

Anyways, I'm going to try to make the drive on Sunday as well...I think I'm going to bring the 240Z for a little different experience though this week.

Small world indeed. Correction...was at long lake and telegraph.

Looking forward to meeting you all.....assuming I can get away!

Weather looks nice- 53 F and sunny. Meet 10:30 A.M. Departing at 10:45 A.M. Route listing to be provided.

View attachment 128701

Looking forward to hearing that pretty piece of artistry!

Small world indeed. Correction...was at long lake and telegraph.

Looking forward to meeting you all.....assuming I can get away!

Assume you will not want to miss this so you must get away :tongue:

I would love to make it but I'm having charging issues and I don't want to get stranded. Recently replaced battery, rebuilt alternator twice (1st time it was completely dead). I think it's still an alternator issue. Charging light comes on at idle, checked grounds I don't see or feel anything loose. Gauge reads 12 at accessories and 14 at start. Dips to 13 when it returns to idle after a rev.

HSUKU look forward to meeting you for longer than the 10 second pass on Long Lake Road! If the gang did head out for a drive I hope you all had fun. I intended to join but my garage door broke (spring -- seems to happen once every 3-4 years) and since the NSX was at Suburban Acura getting an oil change on Saturday and I did not have a garage I could easily get in and out of I decided to just leave the NSX safely inside at the dealer.

Best,
Jeff

Geez, guys........ charging, springing. I hope you get out more :biggrin:

It was a real nice day to get out. 51 miles in, local. Nobody wadded anything up, no 5-0, and traffic was light. Below photos not cropped/doctored, not nuttin' just fresh off the amateur camera.

We had Jim show up in a beast we had not seen before. Good to see you!

Awesome rides! Friend on FB posted a few pics of the drive, love the diversity in cars.

PS any recommendations on alternator rebuilder? I think it's still alternator issue

Sorry Hass, no recommendation known for NSX alternator.

Meanwhile, Wednesday forecast is for 58 F, sunny/clear, and sports cars to CJ's for 5 PM "Hump Day" rendezvous.

Wednesday night turn out was good!

A few Acura's (NSX's and TL-S) and plenty of interesting motor-heads, engineers, and performance car owner-drivers.

there was talk of having another Sunday AM drive, weather permitting of course.

Last edited:
Wednesday night turn out was good!

A few Acuras's (NSX's and TL-S) and plenty of interesting motor-heads, engineers, and performance car owner-drivers.

There was talk of having another Sunday AM drive, weather permitting of course.
Yes, it was an other epic turnout at CJ's tonight, and the talk of yet another last blast kind of drive next Sunday was confirmed!

Let's sort of mildly extend a collective single digit to mother nature during the coming SHTF storm, assuming we all eventually have power after the impending high windspeed carnage........

We'll see everyone on the other side (Sunday- for breakfast and a drive!)

Brian

Back