• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Hi Patrick,

Im sorry to hear about your friend :(. I'm guessing you live on a golf course lol How's the RX7?

Neal Sundays are the best for me if possible.
Hi Hass! The 7 is moving to Cali... new toy is coming soon. Btw, I see you and Mrs Hass have a new surprise on the way. Cool!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Patrick! Yes we are expecting our first child early May, here's a pic from pregnancy photos. My nephew let me borrow toy Nsx I gave him lol

Whats yor next toy? Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
So random question to all...does anyone know how many NSXs are in MI??

Unless you know someone who can search the SoS database, I'm not sure how we could ever determine that number.

But, Neal hosted an EPIC drive a few years back where we had 18 attend.........although at least a couple were from Ohio and Canada ;^D

Unless you know someone who can search the SoS database, I'm not sure how we could ever determine that number.

But, Neal hosted an EPIC drive a few years back where we had 18 attend.........although at least a couple were from Ohio and Canada ;^D

I guess me staying silent for 7 years doesn't help the cause. I'm thinking there's maybe 30 in the state.

Thanks Patrick! Yes we are expecting our first child early May, here's a pic from pregnancy photos. My nephew let me borrow toy Nsx I gave him lol

Whats yor next toy? Lol

I finally acquired my dream car...
4e72fbd7d1ff626fde4117e3abc429aa.jpg

Ok. Hint in my avatar.

Last edited:
O K I count three (3) that have stated Sunday is better for them so SUNDAY 4-23 it is!

I will be watching the weather forecasts.

Let's tentatively plan on meeting in the AM and concluding the drive by noon. I will likely not be able to run the route beforehand so we will wing it.

I will update this drive event later this week with time/location for meet, etc. :smile:

I could possible make it for a Sunday plan! I just came back from a 2000 mile trip through the smoky mountain area + quick inspection done at Source1 in Cincinnati! The car hit the 100k club on the way back as well.
I am still amazed at this car and how it took everything I threw at it through some the fast mountain runs in Cherohala skyway and the tail of the dragon. The NSX stood steady while the modern cars like WRXs, STIs, M235is started overheating their brakes among other minor things that forced them to stop pushing the car.

On a side note, anyone in the area have a angus AP-X or a pride exhaust? My 14 year old RM racing exhaust is falling apart and could use listening them some exhausts before I buy a new one!

Last edited:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Confirming drive planned for Sunday, April 23rd, 2017. Weather forecast sunny and 67 F.

Let's meet at 9:00 am at the parking lot of the USA Hockey Arena, Beck Road just north of the M-14 freeway, Plymouth Township 48170.

We'll depart by 9:30 am heading southwest to tour Dixboro, Salem Twp, skirt the N and W sides of Ann Arbor, then west towards Bridgewater, (not-quite) Manchester, Clinton, turning back NE at the north side of Tecumseh, Macon, Mooreville, and back north towards US-23. Drive will conclude at US-23 and Willis Road. I will have copies of a route listing (sorry no map).

cell 734-7one8-7463

See you there with a FULL tank of premium!

Awesome! I'll try to make it, I'm waiting for parts to come in. Leaks from the oil filter housing, ordered new O rings and figure 8 rubber. If I don't come in the Nsx, I will be there with my friend and his VR4 spyder.

Wish we could join in, but the 1st OTD at Waterford Hills is (as per normal) sold out and they really need the help.

Have fun, it looks like it'll be great weather !!!

Hope you and nsxgal have a great OTD! I'll come by for the keys of the purple beast as planned, right? :)

Q: I met the Waterford folks at the Showplace last month. What's their policy on convertibles? Rollbars required for everything there?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hope you and nsxgal have a great OTD! I'll come by for the keys of the purple beast as planned, right? :)

Q: I met the Waterford folks at the Showplace last month. What's their policy on convertibles? Rollbars required for everything there?

If you fabricate the proper custom clutch parts and install them, the purple beast is yours to rock ;-P

The answer on convertibles at our OTD events is........"it depends".

I believe (but don't quote me) is that Waterford Hills takes its convertible rollbar criteria from SCCA Solo I classifications.
So, Miatas have to have a rollbar (or hardtop) but cars with active or passive rollover protection built-in (S2000, Benz SLK, etc) do not.

Hey man, fix your avatar picture 'ya big tease ;-P

Damn, just realized I've accidentally unsubscribed this thread...been missing out on all the action!

Belated welcome Kenny @bboystrobe! I noticed that you've already been spotted at the F8 meet. Sweet rims btw :)
spotted.jpg

@pjr300, that looks like an F-Type! Quad tips suggest V8 S or R? Either way, excellent choice & congratulations sir! Do I win a prize? :biggrin:
Ftype.JPG

Unfortunately the SP8CSHP is still under the knife. One thing led to another, and now I'm a few bolts from dropping the engine....so it'll be another few months before it's running again. On the bright side, I just earned a BS degree in NSX Dismantling! Special thanks to @blodi for letting me borrow his tools for the timing belt job. Crankshaft bolt went off like a shotgun (twice!) just like you said. Scary stuff!

IMG_20170402_182318.jpg IMG_20170423_124030.jpg IMG_20170423_204728.jpg

Also, looks like someone's been holding out on us. Anyone knows to whom this Kaiser Silver belongs?
CLad.JPG

Hope everyone had a great run today...weather was just perfect. Let's see some pictures! Oh, there's another disturbance in the force...More details coming very soon ;)

Last edited:
Dang Tianbo....you aren't messing around. Another force disturbance, eh? I'm thinking since you have one pieces now you needed another to actually drive. :)
Hope the drive was good. Pics???? I was chasing the kids around and doing yard work all day.

@sca037 -- I have a SOS dual plate clutch in a box with 2k miles of use..... it's the one that burned out from the improper install from the local shop. It could be rebuilt from what I have been told by Mr. Urlage. Let me know if this donation can contribute to the cause. I was unaware of the current plight!

@tbox --- damn you are good dude. Right down to the Quad Tips and the color. P.S. You have one heck of a project there... lot of removal of panels and power! What's the plan for the car? I really liked the white car when i saw it last fall among the rainbow of colors.

Last edited:
Whoa, nice ride Patrick........what gearbox?

Hey, If I could borrow the clutch parts maybe they could be useful in coming up with a solution!

Remember, no good deed goes unpunished ;-P

[MENTION=12656]blodi[/MENTION] you have a point there! But I'm nowhere close to the Wisner and Bennett level...will have to make do with the one in pieces for now :( [MENTION=26174]pjr300[/MENTION] can't wait to see/hear it around! Those are also some excellent photos. Did you take them yourself? As for my car, I'm just undoing the neglect/damage from the previous owner and doing some maintenance (water pump, timing belt, gasket/seals, lost motion assemblies, coolant hoses) while I'm at it. Don't worry, it will still be white in the end :)

Looks like it's baby season....Good luck to all the soon-to-be daddies here!

Back