• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

:eek: SPIED on southbound Baker Road, north of I-94, at 209 PM today, a certain JORLIGAN!

Attachments

• DSC00111.jpg
    DSC00111.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 48
Anyone going to Bakers tomorrow? I think we are heading out there at some point.

I am going there tomorrow around 2:00 pm. Ryan, where are going to park? It would be good to get us all in the same vicinity.

Not sure when I'll get there, I usually park off to the south side were we usually all park..where the corvettes and motorcycles park and such.

OK - see you today!

To anyone who can make it, the drive from Grand Rapids to Cross Village from earlier this month has been rescheduled for this Saturday the 30th. I will happily get anyone who is interested some details.

The cars currently attending are :

* 2003 BMW M3
* 2006 BMW M3 VERT
* 2006 BMW 550i
* CHEVROLET LINGENFELTER Z06 CORVETTE
* CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06
* FERRARI TESTAROSSA
* FERRARI 308 GT
* MERCEDES BENZ CL500
* 2006 BMW M6
* 2005 BMW M3
* 2004 BMW M3
* 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

I hope some of you can make it. It promises to be a great time, and the weather looks great.

Hello Michigan Guys,

I posted a little over two weeks after I smashed my '97 NSX into the median on I94 in the rain almost 9 years from the date I got her. Well, I have a "new" NSX on the way to replace my loss. Here is a link to the ad. Mike, the previous owner is a great guy to deal with, also found a new friend!! Hopefully it will be here in about two weeks. I got both sets of wheels as seen in the pics. I need to hook up with everyone, its been a long time.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121879

Dan

Hello Michigan Guys,

I posted a little over two weeks after I smashed my '97 NSX into the median on I94 in the rain almost 9 years from the date I got her. Well, I have a "new" NSX on the way to replace my loss. Here is a link to the ad. Mike, the previous owner is a great guy to deal with, also found a new friend!! Hopefully it will be here in about two weeks. I got both sets of wheels as seen in the pics. I need to hook up with everyone, its been a long time.

Dan

Swwet can't wait so that baby in person.

Hello Michigan Guys,

Dan

Sounds like it all worked out pretty good for you. Looks like the new one has some serious work done under the hood! Hope to see you around soon.
On a related note...anyone going to Bakers this weekend? I think I am going to make it out there again most likely.

Ahhh......another set of HRE's in Michigan. ;) Looks great it is nice to have a black NSX around here now. :biggrin:

Excited for you, Dan! It appears you have purchased a fine looking, and well maintained, NSX.

Looking forward to viewing it....

Blodi - I got a couple things going on Sunday, but should make Bakers! I'm thinking 330-430 PM or so.

Thanks everyone. I'm really excited to get this car. Although I go from a '97 to '95 I think the mods and gearing on the '95 are going to make for a quicker funnier car to drive.

I always wanted HRE's but the black 5Zigen's are really growing on me.

I would love to go Baker's but have baseball games for my son on both Sat & Sun. Exactly where is it and what time?? I would have to bring my M5 and would feel left out.

I would love to go Baker's but have baseball games for my son on both Sat & Sun. Exactly where is it and what time?? I would have to bring my M5 and would feel left out.
Bakers is every Sunday afternoon. I think people start showing up at 1ish and
it goes on all afternoon from there....til 5-6ish, maybe later.
Directions are here: http://www.bakersofmilford.com/index.html
As a lowly E39 528i owner I certainly wouldn't mind seeing an M5 show up!:smile:
Neal, I'll see you there!

Yea! Detroit RED WINGS WIN game ONE. Three more to Lord Stanley! :biggrin:

M5's are the BOMB. 5 series Bimmite Cruisers are the best. ( O.k., O K, o K, ~ 8 series, and 6 series, also.)

Dan, those black 5Zigen wheels look quite nice. Prior owner Tom Barasso...... he's an ice hockey fan. :tongue:

Yea! Detroit RED WINGS WIN game ONE. Three more to Lord Stanley! :biggrin:

M5's are the BOMB. 5 series Bimmite Cruisers are the best. ( O.k., O K, o K, ~ 8 series, and 6 series, also.)

Dan, those black 5Zigen wheels look quite nice. Prior owner Tom Barasso...... he's an ice hockey fan. :tongue:

Big win for the Wings. The Wings have a knack for making Crosby and Malkin a non factor-no room for them to operate.

M5 is a great car. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact I think I have two of the greatest cars of all time with the M5 and NSX.

I really like the HRE's on the car too. He has a Comptech Powertec big brake hit in red that looks great with the HRE's. I am thinking about getting the big brake kit from him. But then you have to change brake kits every time you changed the wheels.

My son has an All Star game today at 4pm so I can't make Baker's, next weekend is out as I am stuck on call at the hospital all weekend.

Did someone say HRE's? :tongue: I would go w/ the HRE's all time but then again I am biased.:wink: We spent the better part of 6 hours last weekend claying, polishing, and waxing the NSX. Had to polish up the rims as well. :smile: Snapped a few pics today so here is one example.

P1060744.JPG

Hey,
New member here... no NSX, just a lowly WRX, but I plan on owning an NSX someday so I figured I'd start learning now :)
A few showed up at a Z meet back when I had a Z, and I've been in love ever since...

So is Baker's on Sundays worth going to? Do many NSX's show up?
I haven't seen that many in person and I'd love to check some out!

Edit: I think one of the NSX's that showed up a few years ago may have been you, ekin... ever been to any Z meets?

Last edited:
Did someone say HRE's? :tongue: I would go w/ the HRE's all time but then again I am biased.:wink: We spent the better part of 6 hours last weekend claying, polishing, and waxing the NSX. Had to polish up the rims as well. :smile: Snapped a few pics today so here is one example.

P1060744.JPG

Probably the finest example of a LBBP:biggrin:

Hey,
New member here... no NSX, just a lowly WRX, but I plan on owning an NSX someday so I figured I'd start learning now :)
A few showed up at a Z meet back when I had a Z, and I've been in love ever since...

So is Baker's on Sundays worth going to? Do many NSX's show up?
I haven't seen that many in person and I'd love to check some out!

Edit: I think one of the NSX's that showed up a few years ago may have been you, ekin... ever been to any Z meets?

Yep that was us. A lot has been done to the car since that day, infact I still have pics of the drive through Hines drive. I had drove my G35 that day as well.

In regards to Bakers, worth going to? That would be up to you as you should go at least once to check it out. We used to go a lot but have not gone this year and most likely will not go this year at all. We just bored of seeing the same old cars there every week but every now and then there were surprises.

Yep that was us. A lot has been done to the car since that day, infact I still have pics of the drive through Hines drive. I had drove my G35 that day as well.

In regards to Bakers, worth going to? That would be up to you as you should go at least once to check it out. We used to go a lot but have not gone this year and most likely will not go this year at all. We just bored of seeing the same old cars there every week but every now and then there were surprises.
Nice - your car was gorgeous back then, I imagine it must be incredible now :) I took a lot of pictures of it.

JackieZmeet20.jpg

JackieZmeet22.jpg

JackieZmeet36.jpg

JackieZmeet37.jpg

JackieZmeet54.jpg

This car's interior was amazing :eek:

JackieZmeet41.jpg

I'm not stalking you or anything lol, but if you want me to take down the pictures just let me know.

I will have to check out Bakers one of these Sundays when it's nice. If it's mostly just old muscle cars it won't interest me much, but worth a try I guess.
Are there any NSX get-togethers in MI scheduled this year?

Nice - your car was gorgeous back then, I imagine it must be incredible now :) I took a lot of pictures of it.

I'm not stalking you or anything lol, but if you want me to take down the pictures just let me know.

I will have to check out Bakers one of these Sundays when it's nice. If it's mostly just old muscle cars it won't interest me much, but worth a try I guess.
Are there any NSX get-togethers in MI scheduled this year?

Wow it was nice seeing those old pics makes the NSX look ugly compared to now. BTW. check a few posts up that is what the NSX looks like now. Little different, huh? :wink: Hell my G35 looks drastically different as well.:eek:

As for NSX get-togethers this year, who knows, it all depends on someone putting on together...............

Corey-
Neal and I were out at Bakers this last weekend and Al and I were out there the weekend before, so there are usually at least one or two of us out there. I am planning on going again this Sunday weather pending. Looking forward to seeing Scott's new beast too!
No other real NSX meets planned around here right now (which we need to try to do, I'll try to think of something when I have time.) But I am always up for a meet/drive with other groups, so let me know!

Corey-
Neal and I were out at Bakers this last weekend and Al and I were out there the weekend before, so there are usually at least one or two of us out there. I am planning on going again this Sunday weather pending. Looking forward to seeing Scott's new beast too!
No other real NSX meets planned around here right now (which we need to try to do, I'll try to think of something when I have time.) But I am always up for a meet/drive with other groups, so let me know!
We always enjoy heading over to Baker's, the variety of hardware is always nice and of course their food and atmosphere is great.
A true gearhead experience :wink:
We will be at Waterford this coming weekend (Race #2), but are game after that so just keep us 'posted' in this thread.

Brian

I also wanted to mention again the Auto Zone (not the car parts chain) show on Woodward every Saturday morning. Its early, 8-10am, but so well worth it. Last week there was an original Porsche 904, original Ford GT40 road version, a Vector W8 and R34 Skyline GT-R just to name a very few. I try to represent for the NSX crowd every weekend that I can, but it would be cool to have one or more also come out.

http://www.ypsiautoheritage.org/events.htm

This Sunday, June 7th. The Orphan Car Show in Ypsilanti, MI. I dropped by last June, got a parking space quite close to the barricades ( think it was $5 bucks to go inside and see all the "bastards", and I did ). Well worth it.

NSX garnered much interest while there. I'll hit this again Sunday. :wink:

Back