• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Speaking of Formula Red NSX's, we had a mini-meet last night of 3 FR cars.
It was an excuse to meet Jeff and his recently acquired '94, so after a somewhat delayed start (someone failed to keep their battery properly topped off- no names will be mentioned to maintain my innocence ;^) Judi and I arrived at Baker's to say 'hey' and go for a quick drive around Milford.
Joining the fray was Ryan and his wife (she DOES exist!) Bree, and of course Jeff's 'mystery guest' was everyones favorite local NSX guru Mike.
After a little Formula Red fun around the roads (sadly, only outside of) the Milford Proving Grounds we headed back to Baker's for dinner.
It was a wonderful evening, and we of course look forward to spending more time with Jeff in the coming Months and truly welcome him into the collective :cool:

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 67
If you guys are ever up near Grand Rapids, give me a shout. I also have a red and black 91 and would be interested in meeting other owners. Maybe a Michigan get together might be accomplished at some point. I know there is at least one other NSX in town. Dan

Dan, I will be at Gingerman on the 10th for some tuning and suspension tweaking. I recommend you come down! I believe it is a CGI track school which is always fun to attend.

I'll be down at JR's shop more than on the track, but I will be driving another NSX down to perform some highway and suspension tuning.

Brian, thanks for posting regarding our Formula Red mini-meet and it was great to meet you, Judi, Ryan and Bree. Dan, would very much like to meet you as well (and the rest of the MI NSXers). Brian/Judi and Neal -- I'll shoot you a separate email and maybe we can come up with a couple of proposed weekends and see if the rest of the gang is interested/available for a get-together. I have a few ideas that I'll run by you guys.

Cody, at some point in time I'll touch base with you directly -- my /94 is totally stock and as a start point I'd like to upgrade to the NA2 headers and a different exhaust -- Brian suggested that I ask you if there any parts lying around your shop that might fill the bill (perhaps a set of lightly used NA2 headers)? I want to keep things relatively quiet and drone-free so something mild on the exhaust side is probably the ticket for me (heck, even the NA2 exhaust would be fine).

Best regards,
Jeff

Cody, I'm afraid I am pretty much chained to work during the week but I am looking at coming down on a Wednesday or Thursday after work for some of the open track schedule at Gingerman.. I would really like to meet you. I know if our schedule is clear my wife and I would be willing to get together with other Michigan NSX'ers. Count us in if our schedule can accommodate the dates. I really would like to pick up some tips on redoing some things on my interior from those of you that are more experienced.
Dan

I thought I'd let everyone know that a Black/Ivory 91 will be joining the Michigan ranks! I'm picking the car up from the previous owner the week of the 17th while I'm delivering the race car to it's new owner.

A quick pic of the car:

NSX2009.jpg

Another NSX will be prowling the streets of Northern Michigan very soon!

Last edited:
Awesome, Cody.........so this will become the new LoveFab shop car then?

I get the feeling that it's going to NEED that rear wing :biggrin:

Brian

I get that feeling too :wink:

No big plans until later in the summer. Still not sure exactly what will happen, but the trunk WILL remain a trunk. No cutting this time.
Oh c'mon...................twin GT45R's should make 2,000 HP attainable!

(oh yeah, forgot about the transmission being the 'fuse' at half that ;-)

Carry on then :wink:
Brian

I'm toying with the idea of perfecting the sequential/compound setup some more.

I'm liking the idea of 400+ft/lbs of torque at 3500rpm more and more after driving a crazy diesel truck over the past 14 months. :biggrin:

The car is coming with at 6speed/OS Giken diff too ;) I'm spoiled by driving/tuning nothing but NA2's over the past 8 months...so 6 speed it is!

OK, the storms have passed, the sun is back out (although highs just into the 50's) so we're heading to Baker's around 2pm for their regular Sunday car show.

Hey, bring mom along.....their food is great and the cars are always interesting :wink:

Judi (& Brian)

Last edited:
LOL Gonna start calling you guys the "Bakers crew":biggrin:

Amazing how the NSX collection keeps growing in Michigan of all places. When you guys get something together it's gonna be a lot of NSX's:eek:

LOL Gonna start calling you guys the "Bakers crew":biggrin:

Amazing how the NSX collection keeps growing in Michigan of all places. When you guys get something together it's gonna be a lot of NSX's:eek:

And the RED ones are starting to catch up to the number of BLUE ones here too :wink:

Baker's has a cool show every Sunday afternoon, so between the automotive diversity and the excellent food there I enjoy being part of their "crew" :cool:
If you swung by Perry, you could have also checked out the CF engine cover we just installed on the red car ;^D

Brian

Attachments

• Carbon Fiber NSX Engine Cover Installed.jpg
    Carbon Fiber NSX Engine Cover Installed.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 45
And the RED ones are starting to catch up to the number of BLUE ones here too :wink:

Uh oh time for an LBBP memebership drive ..lol

If you swung by Perry, you could have also checked out the CF engine cover we just installed on the red car ;^D

Brian

Daaaaaamn!:eek:

Anyone heading to Bakers Sunday? Looks like its gonna be pretty nice!
I'm gonna hit it unless something comes up last minute.

Also wanted to put a bug in everyones ear. I've mentioned it to some in PM's and such, but I'd love to try to do a bigger NSX get together this year and see if we can beat our 10 NSX record from a few summers ago. I don't have any real specific ideas, but maybe tying it into Bakers. Meet up at Bakers on a late Sunday morning, eat, go for a good drive, then come back to Bakers to enjoy the show.
Having 10+ NSX's would really turn some heads at the show.

This weekend is Waterford Hills Race #1, so we'll be at the track both days.

As for going for the record, count us in for 2 :biggrin:

Judi (& Brian)

I might try to make it out there today. What time?

Darn!

After the murky fog this morning the weather was absolutely perfect today.

Hopefully there was a good turn out at Bakers this afternoon.

I wish I could've been there but I was stuck in the OR taking out a ruptured appendix. It normally woudn't be a long case but I had to wait 3 hours for a neck abscess debridement case ahead of me.

I am looking forward to some photos!

I wish I could've been there but I was stuck in the OR taking out a ruptured appendix. It normally woudn't be a long case but I had to wait 3 hours for a neck abscess debridement case ahead of me.

Yeah, I use that excuse all the time! :rolleyes::tongue:

It was a huge turnout there. Al, Jeff and I represented well for the NSX squad and Jim showed up with this GT40 beast as well.
The Batmobile was there cira the Michael Keaton days.
Also the orange TT Gallardo showed up that was on the last Ferrari drive last november.

Back