• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Brian/Judi, a propos EKIN 95's comment above regarding the weather I was going to say that the only things that keep me off the road are snow and hail but then I remembered the hail storm our red NSXs drove through earlier this summer (please no finger wagging from anyone -- it wasn't hailing when we left Brian/Judi's place and the sky didn't look particularly threatening). Thankfully the hail was not golf ball size. Since there was no cover to be had all we could do was dodge downed tree limbs and get back to Brian/Judi's as quickly as possible. Good news was no damage to either car.

These buggies are pretty robust if you ask me. Although my /94 is now approaching only 28,000 miles, in the 9,000 miles I have managed to rack up since last November (2,000+ on the drive back here from Phoenix), I have had no mechanical issues - only things have been some deferred maintenance that prior owner should have done but didn't, new tires, alignment and a couple of oil changes. The only complaints I have are some dash rattles when traversing broken pavement that are proving to be difficult to eliminate and a bit of noise that is either coming from headliner near the rear window or perhaps the rear hatch. Not bad for 16 years old but nonetheless these noises need to go away. I guess this will be the winter project.

Our upcoming get together sounds absolutely terrific and if we get the expected turn out this will be great. Looking forward to seeing you all next Sunday.

Jeff

How would you feel about a mere CL Type-S showing up to see your cars at the brewpub in Ypsi on Sunday?

As a brief introduction, I've been lurking your site from Chelsea MI for a few weeks - Been thinking of getting an NSX in the spring, but I've never even sat in one.. I'd like to take care of that deficiency before I get farther down this road.

I'm a certified Honda guy. I've got the aforementioned 2003 Cl-s 6 speed manual as a daily driver, my wife has an RDX, and there are a few motorcycles around...

Look forward to seeing you. We actually may be building a house in Chelsea within the next year.

Hello guys!

It's my first post here and I've met some of you at Baker's in Milford. I create LOTS of videos of cars with an HD camcorder, cruises included. I would love to meet up with the upcoming cruise and and tag along with someone so I can record and make a video of the trip.

I live in Livonia, MI, very close to the Orchard Lake meetup.

Chris

Just updating the list....
1. Judi (+ NSX)
2. Brian (+ NSX)
3. Ryan (Bree + NSX)
4. Neal (+NSX)
5. Cindi (+NSX)
6. Motegi (+NSX)
7. Jeff (+NSX) @Bakers
8 Dan & Sara from GR (+ NSX) @ Baker's
9. Cody (+NSX)
10. Rotary Junkie (+NSX)-Maybe
11. Tim and Dennis (+NSX) @ Bakers
12. Tim (Jorligan) (+NSX)
13. Al (+NSX)
14. Grimeas (+NSX)...maybe
15. Perry (+NSX)
16. Liz (+Noble)
17.fastcat99 & katie (+nsx)
18. cbrvfr (+Cl Type S)
19. Malibu603 (ride along)
20. Axerjk (video <- awesome)

Also, if you plan on meeting at my place, please send me a PM for the address/directions.

Last edited:
Yesterday I wander up to Bakers, on leisure time after domestic chore completion. Roll in, park, guy comes up to greet me wearing an NSXCA hat.
Explains they were preparing to return to Windsor after looking for NSX's.
:confused: I meet Howard, owner of a beauty silverstone 1999 six speed & onyx interior at 24xxx miles with plenty of cool upgrades! Volks in 19/18 to match! Prime user name: angkorwat

Howard and co-pilot promised to return next Sunday, as they jumped the gun on our Sunday 19th drive. His NSX was spotless :cool:

Glad to see the enthusiasm and sign ups for Sunday. More details to follow later this week, concerning rain out deadline time announcement Sunday and telly # for last minute info. Pls plan on having full / at least half-full gas tank at Bakers.

1. Judi (+ NSX)
2. Brian (+ NSX)
3. Ryan (Bree + NSX)
4. Neal (+NSX)
5. Cindi (+NSX)
6. Motegi (+NSX)
7. Jeff and Guest (+NSX) @Bakers
8 Dan & Sara from GR (+ NSX) @ Baker's
9. Cody (+NSX)
10. Rotary Junkie (+NSX)
11. Tim and Dennis (+NSX) @ Bakers
12. Tim (Jorligan) (+NSX)
13. Al (+NSX)
14. Grimeas (+NSX)
15. Perry (+NSX)
16. Liz (+Noble)
17.fastcat99 & katie (+NSX)
18. cbrvfr (+Cl Type S)
19. Malibu603 (ride along)
20. Axerjk (video <- awesome)
21. hardcore-nsx (+NSX)-maybe
22. angkorwat (+NSX)
23. carguy! (+CGT)

.....yeah....I think we might just have a shot at beating that 10 NSX record. :wink:

Last edited:
Think the wife and I are going to make it. As long as we ge a sitter for our son, were in....

Excellent!

Full-court press in effect. I put a few calls out to Toledo, Findlay (OH), Mike the Manic Mechanic (Suburban Acura, Farmington Hills, MI), chum with red F430, but have NO contact info for John CARGUY (Oakland Twp.). Anyone? Ryan suggested Carguy break out his CGT for this event and personally, I concur.
May have a splendid Delorean meeting with us, too.

I sent a PM to John, lost his email so hopefully he will get the PM.

I will make it and bring my Carrera GT, I look forward to it!

John

Fantastic, John! It will be nice to renew your acquaintance and review old times.

A minor change has been made to our end point. It will be at M-14 and Beck Road, Plymouth Twp, MI, at CJ's Brewing Company and Restaurant at Compuware Arena. Excited about it, 'cause they volunteered to rope off their entire "bridge" parking area for us. This will also provide for easy freeway exit for everyone who needs to scoot home on a Sunday evening...

See: http://www.compuwarearena.com/cjs_brewery.html

hitchhiker.jpg

Please note that Middlebelt Road is closed between 12 and 13 mile. Ryan I'll let you let people know who are planning on going to your place the details to get there. massive sinkhole has closed the road and i do not see it re-opened by Sunday but not exactly sure where the break is.

Back