• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mid-East NSX Meet; Raleigh, NC; May 2nd-4th

Updated copy:

1. Syndicate (2 people, Group Hotel Booked, Fri, Sat, Sun)

2. Arizsun21 (2 people, will book room, Fri, Sat and Sun)

3. 99NCNSX (1 person, staying offsite, Fri, Sat, Sun)

4. Combatdad (1 person, staying offsite, Fri, Sat, Sun)

5. xory72 (1 person, Direct Hotel Booked, Fri, Sat, Sun)

6. arista5 - As long as i get the days off

7. robbiedawg (1 person, staying offsite, possible for friday,saturday from lunch on)

8. M-P (Saturday only)

9. Overlord

10. k20fg

11. Hondadreams

12. Sparrow (tentative)

13. Jason Weaver (1 person staying offsite - Saturday only)

14. DaXman (1 person staying offsite - Saturday only)

Last edited:
So I'll be taking a day of leave for Friday if anyone plans to arrive early let me know and we can meet up for lunch.

I will tentatively also be picking up my tax-stamp and suppressor from NC Silencer's office in Durham Friday evening after 6pm if anyone was interested in tagging along and checking out their shop.
Unsure yet if I am going to spend Friday night in Raleigh or head out late to Hubert, NC for the EFI-101 class starting Saturday 9:00am at Majestic Motorsports.

Looking forward to meeting everyone who will be attending as I was deployed last year during NSXPO and missed it.

-Tyler

I'll be in the Cary area sometime around noon on Friday so I am sure we'll see you then.

Darrin

I have an appointment to make at 10:15 am. Will be heading South after that. Should be in the area by late afternoon and plan to stay until Sunday afternoon.

Dave

If anyone has setup a room reservation already and is willing to let me crash on the pull out/roll away I'll cover dinner, drinks, ect Friday night .. or just cash.
Any takers shoot me a PM. Be heading out early 0600 Saturday Morning, FYI.

-Tyler

Hello everyone,

Jay (syndicate), John (99NCNSX) and I have been busy re-arranging our events since we've had multiple things cancel or change on us. Syndicate will be posting an update of this coming weekends events. We may have a very cool opportunity late Saturday night if it solidifies and we have a great schedule of visits, food and fun planned for Saturday throughout the day and night.

Also note that THERE IS NO CHARGE TO TAKE PART IN THIS EVENT Hotel, food, gas etc. is of course your responsibility, but to be part any of all of it is FREE and join in at anytime! Last, if you have friends with sports cars, Corvette, Mustang, Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc. that wants to take part in joining us, please welcome them!

Keep posted for Jay's update on the very first post.

Cheers and we look forward to seeing you all this Friday or Saturday.

Darrin

A local buddie of mine will be riding up with me Friday .. either in his 80 RX-7 or 12ish? WRX.

Shout out to Darrin (xory72) for coming through with a extra bed Friday night.

Weather is looking good all weekend !

TomCat's (Tom Baranek) garage...
1973 DeTomaso Pantera L (Ford 351C)
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo with Stillen/Wings West body kit
1991 BMW 850i (12 cylinder)
1991 Acura NSX (Hennessey motorsport Stage IV, Apollo 7 Walt Cunningham's car, CTSC and Wings West body kit)
2006 Ford GT (4 option, Tungsten grey/Quick silver stripes, 40th Anniversary edition)

They are all drivers...no hangar queens (and sorry no F-14s)!
Address:
102 W. Decatur St., Madison NC 27025

Last edited:
A local buddie of mine will be riding up with me Friday .. either in his 80 RX-7 or 12ish? WRX.

Shout out to Darrin (xory72) for coming through with a extra bed Friday night.

Weather is looking good all weekend !

No problem Tyler! Going to be a great couple of days.
Darrin

No problem Tyler! Going to be a great couple of days.
Darrin

Yeah it sounds like a great lineup of events, thank you to the organizers and let me know if in the future I may be of any help in the planning process.

Bittersweet for me really .. get to meet everyone friday, missing Sat and Sun for a good reason though .. Learning to Tune EFI .. so I am excited yet bummed.

-Tyler

This is for sure one of those events that I am super bummed to be missing! Hope everyone has fun! and I hope I can see everyone at NSXPO!

-Alec

I am super-excited to see everyone!!!! Weather looks great and hopefully the local night scene is as good as or better than NSXPO. I am heading down tomorrow morning to get some last minute details sorted out. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please call my cell 919-539-2131.

I am super-excited to see everyone!!!! Weather looks great and hopefully the local night scene is as good as or better than NSXPO. I am heading down tomorrow morning to get some last minute details sorted out. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please call my cell 919-539-2131.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow Jay. Safe trip down and yes ... WEATHER looks awesome.

Anyone getting into town early on Friday that might want to wash or detail their car - you are welcome to stop at my home. I am located about 15 minutes from the hotel. Call me at cell # 919 760-7492. Weather forecast is excellent with 0% chance of precipitation on Saturday and Sunday - 20% Friday (but early in the day). Daytime highs between 75 - 80 degrees. Overnight lows of 55 degrees. Doesn't get much better than that!

John Komar

Well I am out :( I did get the days off from work however I am going to be using them to Move in to my house. For those that didnt know It was flooded with hurricane sandy and the contractor finally finished the interior of the house. Next up is the garage but that will be after my stuff is cleared out of it.

hope you all get to have fun.

UPDATED - 5-2-2014 - 11 am

1. Syndicate (2 people, Group Hotel Booked, Fri, Sat, Sun)

2. Arizsun21 (2 people, will book room, Fri, Sat and Sun)

3. 99NCNSX (1 person, staying offsite, Fri, Sat, Sun)

4. Combatdad (1 person, staying offsite, Fri, Sat, Sun)

5. xory72 (1 person, Direct Hotel Booked, Fri, Sat, Sun)

6. robbiedawg (1 person, staying offsite, possible for friday,saturday from lunch on)

7. M-P (Saturday only)

8. Overlord

9. k20fg (Friday only)

10. Hondadreams

11. Sparrow (tentative)

12. Jason Weaver (1 person staying offsite - Saturday only)

13. DaXman (1 person staying offsite - Saturday only)

14. Travis (1 person staying offsite - Friday/Saturday)

15. Doug ( 1 person - Sat morning only)

Last edited:
Just returned to Culpeper. Outstanding weekend! Thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone in attendance. Special thanks to Jay for organizing, and John and Darrin for supporting...and also Tom for opening his garage and home. Absolutely beautiful collection of cars. Took plenty of pics and will be posting some later but am taking my spouse out to dinner. Just to let you know though, the vote is in and New Formula Red is not only the fastest color, but it also received "The Model's Choice Award".

Dave

Last edited:
Just to let you know though, the vote is in and New Formula Red is not only the fastest color, but it also received "The Models Choice Award".

I like the sound of that! Although, you sure the girls weren't just digging on your style?

Back