• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mid-East NSX Meet; Raleigh, NC; May 2nd-4th

I'm glad you guys brought the fun to my place...great meeting everyone!

Tom,

Thanks for a great day. On any given day I'd be hard pressed to have to choose what to drive! For me though the Hennessey NSX standouts mainly because of the prior ownership. Hope to see you at NSXPO 2014.

Dave

Last edited:
Frankly, the NSX is probably the most all around enjoyable and user friendly!

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone drop/lose a cellphone while here...I found one.

PIX from the Mid-East Meet

The weekend began with some car clean up in John Komar's driveway. Later in the evening those who had come in from out-pf-town joined a few of the locals for dinner at the Carolina Ale House.

Several owners joined in for some cruising with Jay Bozeman leading - through the streets of Raleigh and ending at a cruise night in downtown at a parking garage roof-top.

Saturday started with a stop at the local Acura dealer on our way to the Madison. NC home of Tom Baranek (TomCat) to see his collection and beautiful victorian home.

In addition to Tom's beautiful NSX (1 of 4 Hennessy NSX's originally sold to astronaut Walter Cunningham)- Tom has an '06 Ford GT, a Pantera, a 300ZX twin turbo and a BMW 850 coupe.

We were joined by Doug Danuser and his wife in their gorgeous '97 red NSX (Zanardi replica). It was good to see them both - not since NSXPO 2013.

A local photographer that Jay (syndicate) knows stopped by with a model for some shots with our NSX's. That young lady sure made Darrin's car SHINE!

Last edited:
After spending about an hour at TomCat's garage we all headed back to Raleigh for a late lunch at Ruckus Pizza, a great restaurant owned by a local NSX owner, Robert Royster.

We all spent a couple of hours relaxing before heading over to City Barbeque for dinner. Some were too full from lunch and just spent time around our cars in the parking lot. The weather was PERFECT! We saw a lot of Carolina blue sky - which we didn't see much of during NSXPO 2013.

Before leaving for some night time cruising through Raleigh, we held a drawing for some door prizes provided by the NSXCA (thank you Don) - two of the signed posters and a few NSX Concept models.

Then it was off the a music video shoot in downtown Raleigh. A production company was shooting a music video for a group from Charlotte (the Red-Eyed Romance). The video required a mix of Exotic and Muscle Cars. That was fun!

Combatdad's car was selected for a "model" shot!

After the shoot was over, the younger guys (everyone except my brother and I) went to another cruise night at the Tilted Kilt - also in downtown Raleigh.

It was great weekend and all who attended thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The Carolina crowd is making plans for another event in the western part of the state (think Asheville - Blue Ridge Parkway)

Last edited:
John,

For the future, you might want to consider keeping these events Mid-East focused to target owners from NC, VA, and MD. It seems like a great group to encourage to attend. That might restrict where in the state you want to hold them so not everyone needs to drive a long distance on a weekend.

Dave

Ahhh really hate that I missed this.. Saturday got as far as Burlington only to turn back around.. Clean looking nsx's .. Mine looks like it's been thru the desert sand storm compared to everyone's :)

Last edited:
Loooks like i missed a great time :( On a more positive note, my house was finished and i spent the weekend moving back in after SANDY.

Glad to see everyone went and Hopefully i wont miss the next....

What great weekend filled with a lot of fun, laughs and driving. The turn out was less then we expected, but for those that was there we had a GREAT time and definitely made our friendships and the love for the NSX even stronger.

Tom, thank you for hosting us to your home and man cave! What a beautiful collections of cars and better yet getting to know you better. Thank you to Doug for coming out and joining us at Tom's. A big thank you with Robert at Rukus for readjusting our reservation after being 2 hours late as we did not want to leave Tom's place. A HUGE THANK you to Jay (syndicate) for lighting the fire to get a mid east meet planned. John Komar ... THANK YOU for all you've done and insight to the local Raleigh activities and roads and last but no least, than you to NSXCA for providing the items (prizes) that were drawn for all NSXCA members that attended.

It has already been discussed that a Mid East meet will be put together again next year around the same time 9May). Ideas are floating around and any suggestions we are open to.

We all concluded that driving an NSX is an experience all by itself, but when you drive with other NSX's, it's a whole other experience.

Hope to keep in touch with you all and if any of you are in the Eastern NC area, please get up with me.

Darrin

Asheville/Blue Ridge parkway... I'm reading that as a Deal's Gap area weekend. Great pics guys!

Asheville/Blue Ridge parkway... I'm reading that as a Deal's Gap area weekend. Great pics guys!

FF .... This was the first thought when we met Sunday morning before everyone departed. Ashville area, Grove Palrk Inn, Biltmore Est. etc. Awesome that you along the same thoughts.

FF .... This was the first thought when we met Sunday morning before everyone departed. Ashville area, Grove Palrk Inn, Biltmore Est. etc. Awesome that you along the same thoughts.

It sounds like a great time to coordinate a drive down Blue Ridge too. I'll keep my eye out for more details!

I traveled the Blue Ridge Parkway at the end of my Road Trip late last May 2013. Came all the way up from Asheville to Virginia. Traffic was light that time of year, weather was perfect, and while the speed limit is 45 mph, I had the road to myself. It was a very enjoyable cruise.

Dave

Tom, thank you for hosting us to your home and man cave! What a beautiful collections of cars and better yet getting to know you better. Thank you to Doug for coming out and joining us at Tom's. A big thank you with Robert at Rukus for readjusting our reservation after being 2 hours late as we did not want to leave Tom's place. A HUGE THANK you to Jay (syndicate) for lighting the fire to get a mid east meet planned. John Komar ... THANK YOU for all you've done and insight to the local Raleigh activities and roads and last but no least, than you to NSXCA for providing the items (prizes) that were drawn for all NSXCA members that attended.
Darrin

Darrin, John and all the people that put this together and attended...all walks of life, all age groups...common love of the NSX (and all things cars) AND mutual respect. Thank you all for taking the time to include me (as my ability to attend was impeded by prior commitments).

Sorry I missed out on all the fun. Looks like you guys had a blast! Until the next meet!

- - - Updated - - -

Tom has 3 out of 4 of my dream cars in his garage! Great minds think alike. Man, love that GT and they are not getting any cheaper!

Sorry I missed out on all the fun. Looks like you guys had a blast! Until the next meet!

- - - Updated - - -

Tom has 3 out of 4 of my dream cars in his garage! Great minds think alike. Man, love that GT and they are not getting any cheaper!

Come on up anytime I'm in town!

Michael, we need to schedule another meet at Tom's. We didn't allow nearly enough time to enjoy Tom's collection on Saturday. This would be an ideal meeting spot for the eastern - western NSX owners to gather - it's probably about half way between Raleigh and Charlotte.

Agreed - Tom has my ideal collection - NSX - Pantera - Ford GT - BMW 850 - (although I might substitute a 635 for the 850).

John Komar

Michael, we need to schedule another meet at Tom's. We didn't allow nearly enough time to enjoy Tom's collection on Saturday. This would be an ideal meeting spot for the eastern - western NSX owners to gather - it's probably about half way between Raleigh and Charlotte.

Agreed - Tom has my ideal collection - NSX - Pantera - Ford GT - BMW 850 - (although I might substitute a 635 for the 850).

John Komar

This would be cool! Maybe Foreign Cars Italia or Greensboro Cars and Coffee and then my place.
I like the BMW 635 & Z8 (or M1)!

Michael, we need to schedule another meet at Tom's. This would be an ideal meeting spot for the eastern - western NSX owners to gather - it's probably about half way between Raleigh and Charlotte.

And it's a bit closer for some of us in VA and MD!

Dave

Back