• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mikey Rulz!.......and the FX400 is cool too.

I've had my 97 FX400 back for a week and now that I've had some time with it I wanted to post my comments.
It's nice that I can finally drive the car without a diaper now....
The car is amazing! It's hard to describe the driving feeling except that it was worth every penny. It pulls sooo hard; a 12.3@119 with only two runs at the strip, crappy conditions, and street tires isn't bad (1.9s, 60 foots aren't very impressive). I got to smoke a Shelby Series 1 the second time I drove the car, that was fun. Nobody wants to race anymore though. :frown:
The car is very easy to drive. The hardest part of driving my car is still the Comptech stage II clutch....otherwise the car runs great. I have good low end driveability and freaking crazy high end power with a sharp power curve. I have over 1000 miles on it already with no problems. Pulling 25mpg on the highway, 22 with the a/c on.
Car sounds sweet; very mean sounding at the low end and sounds like a motorcycle at the top end. It's not too loud though, pretty quiet when you're just cruising. Tial blowoff and wastegate sound sexy. Only complaint with the entire turbo is the water and oil pump noises at car idle.....but who cares.....it fast. :smile:
Dealing with Factor X was nothing but pleasant. Special thanks to Mikey, Chris, and Ken! They are very professional, know their stuff, and are a blast to hang with.
I look forward to the FX500.

thanks for the great post...but keep us all posted and informed. I, as well as a bunch of other people, am very interested in knowing how the system holds up in the long term and if you experience any problems, minor or major. It looks like the fx400 is the way to go, right now :smile:

Last edited:
01blacks4 said:
anyone know what the $ is on that....(edit)o wait they wont do a OBD 1 car...never mind

They won't do it on a NA1 car. 95 and 96 are OBD2, but are still left out.

gotTurbo said:
and are a blast to hang with.
I look forward to the FX500.

Good to hear you made it back to NM safely. Btw, we usually don’t have a zoo, clowns, astro jumps, and chef at our house. Mikey needed some happiness I guess… Next time we get a good game together we will give you a ring. BE CAREFUL with her!

p.s. There is a rent a cop that keeps asking about a blue NSX…

The FX400 is $11.5k installed and tuned. As an added incentive, if you need you T-belt/H20 pump done they can be replaced at a marginal cost due to the fact we drop the motor anyways.

Sounds awesome!!! I wish I could get my car do do that.

gotTurbo, would it be possible to get a in cabin video of your car on the track? :biggrin:

Also how long does the install take once the FXGang gets a hold of it? If i recall right, the FX500 takes aprox.3 mths for completion aprox how long for the FX400? Please post and pictures of the motor and the gages, would love to see more of the FX400. FACTOR X? whats the max HP you have squeezed out of the FX400 so far? Easily over 500? For my first turbo and NSX i would like to warm up with the FX400 and have 500 HP at my foot. This way I can save the extra 40K for the Bentley GT, if not I would jump right to the 500 for the love of speed and a rush. kinda want to keep the car a few years then having to replace it...

Heres an idea for you Mike drag the FX 500 and the FX 400 side by side and get us some video and pictures.. I will be out to meet you guys hopefully before August for my custom FX400!

Glad to hear it's a success! Keep us posted.

I know that the whole turbo NSX project has been a long and painful experiment for Factor X, but it sounds like the FX400 may be the bolt-on system people have been waiting for and lusting after. We still need more time to be sure of course, but at that price installed nothing out there can touch the basic system in terms of performance per $. Hopefully enough of you 97+ owners that have been on the fence about forced induction will take the plunge to make all the R&D&P worth their while. It will take a BUNCH of you.

sjs said:
Hopefully enough of you 97+ owners that have been on the fence about forced induction will take the plunge to make all the R&D&P worth their while. It will take a BUNCH of you.

I wonder if there are even enough of them out there that are willing to mod the car to recoupe that investment.

Surff78 said:
The turbo is capable of what?
Blowing a stock motor to smitherines. Seriously, though - you would be using what essentially is a turbo that goes into a FX500.

KGP said:
Blowing a stock motor to smitherines. Seriously, though - you would be using what essentially is a turbo that goes into a FX500.
So then you could get the FX400 now, and when you get your financial windfall a year later, keep going with a motor build-up and be in 500 land?

From this thread:
Factor X Motorsports said:
...the 1997+ FX400 costs 11.5k installed and tuned. The system capability is in excess of 550rwhp with a motor build and larger injectors.

Back