• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Minding my own business, when...:-(

Some guy rearended another car that was turning into the strip mall I was exiting. Car #2 had his wheels turned and was pushed into me. Fortunately I was well back from the road and did not get T-boned.

Car seems to roll okay (I drove it on to a roll back).

But I am bummed!
I don't know of any other Hennessey's on this forum and this one came from an Apollo Astonaut...so I am going to do all I can to save her.
:-(
Shawn...I have a good shop up here in North Carolina, but I MIGHT need some advise.
Tom
NSX damage 3.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch! That must of hurt. Sorry to hear about the accident. Like davidf say "time for that 02 upgrade" :wink:.

Was going to say....paging shawn...LOL but you beat me to it in the OP. Best of luck in the coming days, hope it turns out okay.

Pm me I will do all I can to help you out. post some more pics of the other side maybe take the tire off and take some pics.
that sucks man. doesnt look that bad. I have seen worse the red build I did was 10X worse than that.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I think I would be sick to my stomach. Hope you get it sorted as swiftlly and smoothly as possible. On a sidenote, it would be cool to hear more about the car's past and performance upgrades (the first I've heard of a Hennessey NSX). And forget the 02 upgrade, just bring it back to it's original glory.:smile:

I'd be so bummed out. Now you can at least restore some, if not most of the front. Hope it gets repaired, and soon.

Ouch!! i saw the picture and was like, wait, is that my car?!?! (same wheels/color) And +1 vote on that conversion!

Well it's time for that 02 upgrade.

That IS a major consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

What year is this car?

1991 Hennessey Modified Stage IV

- - - Updated - - -

Pm me I will do all I can to help you out. post some more pics of the other side maybe take the tire off and take some pics.
that sucks man. doesnt look that bad. I have seen worse the red build I did was 10X worse than that.

Cool...I guess this puts my other re-build idea on hold.
I'm trying to decide if its time/cost effective to do an 02 upgrade, modified hood, etc...
I drove it onto the roll-back with n o rubbing/scraping and no fluids are leaking.
Both dorrs open/close normally
Circled gap looked perfect still.
Spare tire looked like it was shifted.
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I think I would be sick to my stomach. Hope you get it sorted as swiftlly and smoothly as possible. On a sidenote, it would be cool to hear more about the car's past and performance upgrades (the first I've heard of a Hennessey NSX). And forget the 02 upgrade, just bring it back to it's original glory.:smile:

Hennessey started by street driving a 91 Mitsu 3000 GT VR4 to some open road races, winning his class, and driving home.
See attached.View attachment Hennessey NSX Brochure.pdfHennessey NSX Page 4 small.jpg

Attachments

• NSX passenger side gap Dec 2012.jpg
    NSX passenger side gap Dec 2012.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,685
that aint shit. LOL thats easy fix. dont worry your good.

dont PM me.... you dont need any help cuz its that easy to fix.:biggrin:

02+ rear lower, 02+ sideskirts and that it. leave the pop-ups
the 02+ parts i mentioned are the way the car should have looked in 91.

Last edited:
Wanna trade? :smile:
Sounds like I'll be okay...let's see what USAA insurance says.

Hahaha. I'll pass, but it would nice to own a NSX owned by an Astronaut. Do you know which one?

Hahaha. I'll pass, but it would nice to own a NSX owned by an Astronaut. Do you know which one?

Walt Cunningham, Apollo 7. We spent an evening trading flying stories (I mainly asked questions and listened) as we signed over the title, etc...

Additionally he was one of John Hennessey's early celebrity owners and Mr. Hennessey and I talked about the car.

Have the shop get the bumper assembly and front sheet metal off and check out the side members for sway or a buckle on the ends. I think it is very likely. I advise you to request that the shop to measure the vehicle and to produce a three dimensional print out of the front structure as it is now to verify the geometry of the unibody. This is the only sure way to positively identify how or if the damage has penetrated into the chassis.This is essential to forming a correct repair strategy.
I am on both insurance companies programs and if you have any concerns that leave you with concerns that are not allayed by the shop or the companies call me and I'll try my best to address your concerns in confidence. At the very least I can lend a understanding ear.

Last edited:
yup,yup....funny Shawn but you are right , very easy fix ,the 02 updates is excelent ideea,what do you think the 03 360 spider here in these pics( me and one of my friends got it and trying to source some parts ,if you know of any??? thanks)

Attachments

• 263560_4914951560397_1380353370_n.jpg
    263560_4914951560397_1380353370_n.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 536319_4914942440169_864332553_n.jpg
    536319_4914942440169_864332553_n.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 392
Good luck finding a totaled out 360 that is NOT hit in the front and then if you do, good luck getting them to part it out.
Easy fix.:rolleyes:

Back