• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Minimum Gauges for Turbo install

Finally getting my AP-X turbo kit installed. Have AEM EMS. With a learning curve when it deals with turbo systems, I'm not sure what I need ,so I gotta ask. Don't want to put a bunch of gauges in the dash/console area so I'm looking at this wireless system. Is this enough? Am I looking in the wrong area?

http://www.aemelectronics.com/x-wifi-wideband-air-fuel-controller-egt-monitor-1158

Any info/input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited:
That should be enough but I would get aem wideband failsafe instead that one. It's a boost, afr and failsafe all in one gauge. I'm gonna upgrade my aem wide band for this failsafe gauge when I install my water/meth injection and turn up the boost to 10 psi see what happen

For a low boost setup, AFR & Boost is sufficient.

For a low boost setup, AFR & Boost is sufficient.

This^^^^. I'm running his kit on 9.3 psi max currently with 440 injectors. The a/f and boost gauges tell me a lot. Get the aem boost controller. It's like 300 bucks I think. You are deff going to want it

This^^^^. I'm running his kit on 9.3 psi max currently with 440 injectors. The a/f and boost gauges tell me a lot. Get the aem boost controller. It's like 300 bucks I think. You are deff going to want it

Who is that in your avatar and can you post more pictures!

Other option is to use the AEM as the boost controller and use the AEM serial gauges. I will be removing my UEGO and Boost controller in the near future and replace them with 2 serial gauges and also with the dual UEGO controller. Boost is controlled by the AEM and the dual UEGO allows me to monitor each bank separate. I have high boost so I want more monitoring. PM me if you are interested in either the UEGO or AEM Tru-Boost. The UEGO will include new wide band sensor.

Back