• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Modern Warfare 2

I picked it up for PC last night and even though I am not happy with some of the multiplayer changes (i.e. dedicated server stuff, max multiplayer games of 18 players, and no hardcore HQ gamemode) I still really enjoy the game. I like the new guns and the new levels are pretty awesome. Feels much more risky walking around since the maps feel more free and random.

I haven't played any of the single player or special ops yet, but I expect they will be fun. Now if they will just give us the dedicated servers instead of IWNet then I will be able to enjoy 32 player hardcore headquarters games. I have 10 days logged in MW1 and I bet 90% of that is playing hardcore headquarters....so much fun.

Last edited:
Finished the campaign last night. Seemed to more "plot" and object lessons in the game than MW1. Actually, I don't know if MW1 had an moralistic lessons to glean except to shoot first and ask questions later and even that being optional. ;)

And maybe it's me but I found the musical score in the game remarkable!

I was playing headquarters last night and someone on my team got the nuke. It was under-delivered I think (just fuzzes out after the sirens sound)...but pretty cool to witness something as rare as that.

I'm mostly on xbox but I play on both (when my G/F doesn't hog the ps3 since she plays too):

Xbox360: buruskeee

PS3: Freshazzburu

Last edited:
I played this last night until midnight. I woke up at 2am after a nightmare. This game is good.

I had a really f*cked up (war related) dream last night too and I only played the game for a couple hours total since I got it.

I was playing headquarters last night and someone on my team got the nuke. It was under-delivered I think (just fuzzes out after the sirens sound)...but pretty cool to witness something as rare as that.

I'm mostly on xbox but I play on both (when my G/F doesn't hog the ps3 since she plays too):

Xbox360: buruskeee

PS3: Freshazzburu

wicked first you have to unlock the nuke and on top of that you have to get 25 kills in a row to set off the nuke

Modern Warfare 2 is no longer available in Russia for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners, it seems, despite the game hitting store shelves as scheduled early last week. Noticed by fan site Hellforge on Friday, Russian game site GotPS3 claims Russian officials had threatened to ban the game, prompting retailers to yank copies from store shelves and distributors to shut down the outflow of new stock.

182236-modern-warfare-2-no-russian_original.jpg

Apparently the thematic content of the controversial "No Russian" level in which players must choose whether to fire on innocent civilians in a Moscow airport managed to escape broad public notice before launch. It's not clear whether the threatened governmental ban came about because of the level's play mechanics (the compulsion to shoot and terrorize innocent civilians) or the fact that you play a CIA agent pretending to be a Russian ultranationalist pretending to be an American terrorist. Presumably someone's decided Russia comes off looking badly, and that America comes off looking nobler-than-thou (albeit, per the level in question, pretty single-minded about it).

GotPS3 writes that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be recalled and replaced by Infinity Ward/Activision with a version that doesn't contain the airport level in "10-20 days," and that both the retail and digitally distributed (read: Steam-only) PC version has been patched to remove the level entirely, thus allowing the game's continued sales.

Truth to tell, that is one of the worst scenes of the game. That and repelling off a cliff face to stab some dude in the chest while he's looking straight at you are a little....unnerving.

Truth to tell, that is one of the worst scenes of the game. That and repelling off a cliff face to stab some dude in the chest while he's looking straight at you are a little....unnerving.

I agree and the launch of the nuke is what gave me the nightmare. Pretty eerie IMO.

This was a weird level for sure... I didn't want to shoot the civilians so i just ended up following Makarov. Only shot those that were shooting at me. :eek:

Modern Warfare 2 is no longer available in Russia for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners, it seems, despite the game hitting store shelves as scheduled early last week. Noticed by fan site Hellforge on Friday, Russian game site GotPS3 claims Russian officials had threatened to ban the game, prompting retailers to yank copies from store shelves and distributors to shut down the outflow of new stock.

182236-modern-warfare-2-no-russian_original.jpg

Apparently the thematic content of the controversial "No Russian" level in which players must choose whether to fire on innocent civilians in a Moscow airport managed to escape broad public notice before launch. It's not clear whether the threatened governmental ban came about because of the level's play mechanics (the compulsion to shoot and terrorize innocent civilians) or the fact that you play a CIA agent pretending to be a Russian ultranationalist pretending to be an American terrorist. Presumably someone's decided Russia comes off looking badly, and that America comes off looking nobler-than-thou (albeit, per the level in question, pretty single-minded about it).

GotPS3 writes that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be recalled and replaced by Infinity Ward/Activision with a version that doesn't contain the airport level in "10-20 days," and that both the retail and digitally distributed (read: Steam-only) PC version has been patched to remove the level entirely, thus allowing the game's continued sales.

I walked through the airport scene shooting all those annoying, screaming, women and children. I even put a few bullets at close range through the heads of the wounded crawling on the floor.

J/K. I only fired at the glass walls.

I walked through the airport scene shooting all those annoying, screaming, women and children. I even put a few bullets at close range through the heads of the wounded crawling on the floor.

Me too Doc! In fact, I played that level a few times. The children/wonded are easy pickings. Keeps my skills up.

/sarcasm

Seriously, it's a game. If it were in an american airport I would not behave differently. Who cares if they are Russian pixel people or not.

Really guys? First time through I unloaded into just about everybody. Especially the easy pickings on the crawling around on the ground. Do you guys get queasy when Johnny Cage pulls his decapitation uppercut? :rolleyes: :tongue:

mk1-glitches06.png

Really guys? First time through I unloaded into just about everybody. Especially the easy pickings on the crawling around on the ground. Do you guys get queasy when Johnny Cage pulls his decapitation uppercut? :rolleyes: :tongue:

Me too. I enjoyed that the game didn't let you run at all during the beginning carnage. It forced you to slowly pace through the airport to savor every moment of blasting innocent civilians as they ran or crawled away to safety.

Haha you guys kill me. You gotta remember the important part... its only a game. As much as id love a red tiger M4 with a holographic sight and a grenade launcher doesn't mean im gonna go buy one. Neither does shooting civilians in a game because im a secret agent and i need to blend in (lol) make me want to do it in my local airport. The people who do this and blame it on the game are the ones who should be blaming alot more different things before you blame the game...

yeah, really. I thought myself as cold-blooded as the next "gamer" but felt a stab on my concious killing people trying to get to their connecting flight.

Just didn't want to be "that guy." ;)

Seriously, though. That mission made me pause, "wtf."

I started playing online today. It is blast, but I hate the 12 y/o kids on there. They are SOOOO annoying, its like playing with a mickey mouse version of andrew dice clay..

Me too. I enjoyed that the game didn't let you run at all during the beginning carnage. It forced you to slowly pace through the airport to savor every moment of blasting innocent civilians as they ran or crawled away to safety.

Really? I actually was frustrated I couldn't run and hunt down more civie's. I was crushing the run key the whole time thinking "they are getting away!!!" :biggrin::tongue:

Back