• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Modernize your NSX: Interior / Exterior LED Bulbs for your NSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a request!

Now that I have upgraded my dome lights and foot well, my ignition ring looks lame. It is a pretty small bulb in there and was wondering if there is a possible LED swap.

PLEASE? :redface:

Yea same here I can barely read the odometer at night because the lights are so dim... any way to make it brighter? The brightness knob is all the way up.....

Yea same here I can barely read the odometer at night because the lights are so dim... any way to make it brighter? The brightness knob is all the way up.....

I would like a solution to light up the display better such as the newer model vehicles. If everything else on the car is upgraded to LED, that 1980's orange glow is just to retro.

Having the CF overlay and SOS rings, I would love to somehow light up everything nice and clear, with a white LED or whatever with bright pure red needles on the gauges.

I have a request!

Now that I have upgraded my dome lights and foot well, my ignition ring looks lame. It is a pretty small bulb in there and was wondering if there is a possible LED swap.

PLEASE? :redface:

what year is your NSX? I looked inside my 2004 and don't see this lit ring you are talking about? PM me and we can figure it out for sure :)

what year is your NSX? I looked inside my 2004 and don't see this lit ring you are talking about? PM me and we can figure it out for sure :)

We're talking about the light that illuminates the gauge cluster behind the steering wheel... I don't think he means he has any "lit rings" lol

On my 95, its nearly impossible to read the ODO or trip ODO without having to look really closely at night... even w/ the brightness all the way up!

Last edited:
GUYS! I'm talking about the ignition switch surround. You are talking about the instrument cluster.

Sent from my Droid

Ok - well if you change that one the dash would look a bit out of place being orange and everything else being a different color right?

Well, my overhead is LED white, so is my footwell. But my ignition is incandescent white. I removed the orange sock that covers the bulb.

I am now thinking a LED ring might work better here, and am formulating some plans.

Sent from my Droid

This is not a bulb that can be easily replaced - let me look at the one in our 2004 nsx later tonight.

Back on topic: we have 5 kits ready to ship immediately :)

rick

Rick - Any feedback on this? Would REALLY like to update the cluster somehow.

I would like a solution to light up the display better such as the newer model vehicles. If everything else on the car is upgraded to LED, that 1980's orange glow is just to retro.

Having the CF overlay and SOS rings, I would love to somehow light up everything nice and clear, with a white LED or whatever with bright pure red needles on the gauges.

Rick - Any feedback on this? Would REALLY like to update the cluster somehow.

Actually I was just going to post ~ we had a local 91 nsx here with the orange lit ignition ring. Apparently from what I can see without taking his dash apart it's a small filament bulb that is soldered in that is fitted between the plastic ring. Judging by how it's lit un-evenly with the lower section brighter it uses only one bulb and is not a plug/play type setup.

Anything can be done but the labor would be pretty high to remove the entire key cylinder and to swap that bulb out with a white colored bulb.

rick

No no.. I'm not talking about the keyring - I'm talking about something with the entire gauge cluster. Bright white numbers, bright red needles, etc. A very clean updated look...

No no.. I'm not talking about the keyring - I'm talking about something with the entire gauge cluster. Bright white numbers, bright red needles, etc. A very clean updated look...

i actually like this idea!

kind of like these hijacker?

2009-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-Gauges-1280x960.jpg

i actually like this idea!

kind of like these hijacker?

2009-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-Gauges-1280x960.jpg

Yes, something like this would be perfect. This would really update the look of the gauges on the interior and compliment the LED's everywhere else perfectly.

I just wanted to info ya'll that Rick converted my interior to LED and OMG, these are VERY bright. That and the license plates lights.

He has the GTO now for conversion too.

thanks BATMANs ~ glad you like the lights on both cars! :)

Post up some pictures if you get a chance as I forgot to take pictures of both of your stealth rides....:cool:

^glad you like the lights BATMANS :)

We have x3 sets in stock ready to ship - finally got caught up so thanks for all those who ordered and your patience. Your kits are shipped via USPS and should be receiving them this week!

thanks again

www.Euroboutique.us

Any updates on possibly doing something with the gauge cluster? :)

We've been swamped with a lot of year end projects prior to SEMA but if you want us to look at the gauge cluster that is no problem. Just need someone to step up and ship their spare cluster to us for examination.

The s2000 guys have a few projects similiar to this one changing their dash color from amber to blue or white. Usually it involves SMD LED's to be de-soldered and then new ones soldered back on each location. It's risky and certainly not a DIY project as certain risks have to be understood.

I'm not sure if the NSX design is the same as the s2000 gauge cluster or if there are other options available.

thank you all for your business!

We just shipped out 5 sets of these to our Canadian Prime members, sorry for the delay but we now have 10 sets ready to ship so NO WAIT! :biggrin:

A few more sample pictures from various NSX owners who has dropped by our shop for installation :)

IMG_6860.jpg

CustomSwitchandLEDrX8.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back