• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Modifying a LEASED NSX

I am on the verge on leasing a new NSX. I've seen at least one "signature" around here and (more than ?) a few posts about an NSX being leased and still modified.

I believe I've seen the Comptech Supercharger referred to as being on the NSX and taken off when returned.

I'm guessing that is someone leasing the NSX wanted to changed the wheels and keep the original ones, and, when returning it after the lease could simply put the orginal wheels back on, noboy would know (or care ?)

So, I guess I'm asking 3 things. Would there be any hint of a Supercharged engine or aftermarket wheels at lease return that could cause the lessee problems when returning the car ?

Secondly, what other mods can be made and easily taken off on lease return without incurring the wrath of AHFC ? (Exhaust system ?)

And lastly, is there any reasonable market to sell those aftermarket items and, if so, what % of the original cost can I reasonably expect to get from re-selling them ?

TIA :wink:

NSX-GUY said:
And lastly, is there any reasonable market to sell those aftermarket items and, if so, what % of the original cost can I reasonably expect to get from re-selling them ?

Guesstimating...probably around 60-75% of the retail price...If I leased one, I'll probably wouldn't even SC'ed it....at the most, maybe add rims/suspension and the basic i/h/e combo...

I have CTSC'd about a dozen leased NSX's. Some have been returned to stock before return, some bought at end of lease. It is not possible to install it and make it impossible for a CT installer not to know, IF HE LOOKS, but it certainly can be restored easily enough so that no one will know.
I am sure the posts here you are thinking of are those from 'queenlives', from NorCal area. Great Guy.

The wheels are a no-brainer, if you don't Super Size them, that is.

HTH,
MB

NSX-GUY said:
I am on the verge on leasing a new NSX. I've seen at least one "signature" around here and (more than ?) a few posts about an NSX being leased and still modified.

I believe I've seen the Comptech Supercharger referred to as being on the NSX and taken off when returned.

I'm guessing that is someone leasing the NSX wanted to changed the wheels and keep the original ones, and, when returning it after the lease could simply put the orginal wheels back on, noboy would know (or care ?)

So, I guess I'm asking 3 things. Would there be any hint of a Supercharged engine or aftermarket wheels at lease return that could cause the lessee problems when returning the car ?

Secondly, what other mods can be made and easily taken off on lease return without incurring the wrath of AHFC ? (Exhaust system ?)

TIA :wink:

dood - it's your lucky day - i'm one of the people who have installed / uninstalled a ctsc on a leased nsx.

short version:

1 & 2. mark basch is "da man" in that field, however, when i had mine uninstalled and returned the car to acura, no mention/penalty was made due to the sc having been on the car. (i always had it serviced at local acura dealership, so the info was probably in their customer records somewhere.)

3. the market on add-on's reflects market conditions at the time your item is available for re-sale. when i listed mine for sale here on nsxprime, i had people beating down my door, attempting to outbid one another. again, my sense is suppy and demand.

i gotta say, a blower on the car really lights your hair on fire... it's **great** (as long as you're not driving in the rain, have tcs turned off and your brain parked back in the garage ;)

pm me if you want more info, glad to share.

best,
hal

Back