• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

molded carbon fiber prouducts to be put into production what do you want for nsx

whats up guys

i am fixing to start molding special parts for the Acura NSX

i would like to have feedback on what parts you NSX drivers would want on the car that would be molded into carbon fiber

keep in mind this will be true molded carbon fiber that items will be in an autoclave with heat and pressure to make the carbon hard and strong vacum packed and everything. These will be no rinky dink parts

i have thought of one item for the NSX

and that will be the stock spoiler out of carbon

i have 3 colors:
1) i have midnight silver (very rare never been seen) e-mail for pics [email protected]

2) gold

3) black and gray

i guess you would call this a survey

what do you want

spoiler ?

and what else

i need a general idea on what to make

parker

I'd personally be interested in an NSX-R type rear spoiler, if it was significantly less expensive than the real deal.

If the price is right (ie. significantly less than what is out there right now,) you could probably do very well with carbon side intakes and a carbon engine cover with mesh insert. At least that's what I'd be interested in.
smile.gif

You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you've got pictures of your current items. Thanks!

Chuck

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

How about a chin spoiler that similates the size/depth of an 91-96 NSX. The reason I mentioned the 91-96 model is that the ones for these years in particular have a lower depth profile as oppose to the ones 97 - current model. This is especially usefully for moderate to steep driveway/hill clearances.

How about inner door panels?

Of course those pieces are fairly light, but some might like them for stylistic reasons.

Obviously when it comes to weight reduction, it makes sense to start with the largest and heaviest panels.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

http://www.bryanf.com/info/carbon.htm

Here's a neat DIY link for making carbon panels.

This guy also has a pretty neat Yellow 510 too.

-Jim

------------------

Originally posted by Jimbo:
How about inner door panels?

Of course those pieces are fairly light, but some might like them for stylistic reasons.

Obviously when it comes to weight reduction, it makes sense to start with the largest and heaviest panels.

Even the largest panels on the NSX are amazingly light. If you've never picked up an NSX fender or hood, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not saying there isn't room for weight reduction with carbon fiber, but it's not as big a difference as on many steel-bodied cars.

Ken,

Agreed.

I think for the most part the appeal of CF is one of style.

But if someone is serious for weight savings for track/racing use the larger the panel the larger the potential savings.

-Jim

------------------

id like to see the burn-up wing made of carbon fiber or something similiar but one piece i dont particluarly like the side pieces on the burn up wing that turn down ...it should be more like the diablo rear spoiler.

moldedcarbon: What brand of autoclave are you using? I make, service, and install autoclaves. Maybe we can work a trade?
wink.gif

I'd like to see carbon/fiber doors and fenders - hopefully door/fenders dings would be eliminated. I get tired of walking a mile to where ever I'm going because I have to park my car far enough out that no one will park next to it.
smile.gif

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Stock as a rock - #0030

I believe what I am looking for is the Autobacs hood. Look at the March 2001 Picture of the Month. Mark has been promising this hood for a while now, but I'm afraid I will never see it happen. Looks much nicer than any hood out there!

Back