• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

More power window stuff

I have a '94 and the driver's window goes up pretty slowly. Does this mean failure is looming or is there something I can do to fix it without spending $300 on having the dealer tell me it needs something stupid.

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black NSX
HID - Autolamps
Wheels - HRE 448Rs - 18x8, 19x10
Tires - Pirelli PZero Rossos
Springs - Eibach ProKits
Shocks - Bilstein

http://geocities.com/nsxbyhre/Main.html

Check out our website at http://www.hrewheels.com

I think they are about to "POPP" so be careful. Mine are slow too( going up ) and I plan on ordering the Dali Window fix it things very soon, before they POP, a much more expensive repair.
Regards
Z

The windows were fixed by 94 so I think you just need to grease the window tracks. There should be some info in the faqs about how to remove the door panel and what grease to use.
I had a popping noise on my 91 which went away when I rolled in half way down and then back up or 3/4s down, a whole lot of moves that were different from the normal all the way up and down routine. Seems fixed and is not too slow.
My window will probably fail today.
smile.gif

Yours will not fail as easily but you need to grease it up.

DONT replace anything until after you've tried re-greasing the two rails the window rides on! Most of the time, the 2 window rails just need to be cleaned and regreased. If it still rolls up slowly, you may need to re-adjust the window's alignment since it may be binding on the tracks and guides.

Also, be sure to re-grease the white plastic pivot that the window rides on. This will reduce the popping or creaking sound heard when raising the window.

Had exactly same problem on my late 93 - the TB was issued in March 93 so anything man'd after this date should be new style regulator thingy. Mine was new style - lubed up rails & spool just this last w/end & it is much better.

Back