• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

more speakers possible in the nsx?

I am looking to up grade my stereo system and I know this probably has been talked about a lot.The two speakers and the one tweeter are really not enough.Is it possible to make cut outs behind the seats for additional speakers or is there no room for that?Can anyone give me any input on where or how to put in additional speakers or a sub? Thanks, John

more speakers is NOT better, better speakers is more. much more. basically the cheapest and easiest thing to do is pull out all the stock bose speakers and amp and replace them with one sub, one pair of component speakers and a high quality three channel amp with a crossover. keep the stock head unit. your sound will improve by 100x without having to spend much and without a wallet or back breaking install.

im in the process of doing this myself now. using an xtant a4004 amp ($270 on ebay), a pair of 6.5" mb quart separates with musicomp crossovers ($110 on ebay) and an illusion audio nd10 sub ($125 on ebay).
then after that its just lots of wire, work, and wood.

if you bought these same components new from a shop and had them do the install for you, you'd probably be looking at around $2500. you can easily spend more or less based on your gear selections.

Originally posted by robr:
you can easily spend more or less based on your gear selections.

Oh no, not THAT discussion again!!!
biggrin.gif

270 is pretty good for new, however i was in no mega hurry, i knew what a good price for the gear i wanted was, and i shopped ebay carefully. there was no nd10 up, but i saw a week before a guy won a pair of nd10's for $200. i emailed him and asked if he planned on using both, he said no and sold one of them to me. sweet. on the other hand, i just sold a pair of subs on ebay that cost me $820 for $100, so it all evens out in the end,

Thank's for the info guys. I have to replace both door speakers now that they have failed and I would like to go aftermarket as well. Although I don't want to lose the ergonomics of the car in the process.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

If you need a deal on quality tried and tested brands of car audio give me a call. I offer a very large selection of car and home audio and great deals and NSX advice.

Feel free to call (813)882-8477. Some of the brands that I offer are listed at www.buzz-off.com

However I can help, feel free to call.
Andy Buzz

Back