• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motor Trend Design Comparison: NSX v. R8

Yeah for sure. Its not even close.

If they fixed the front, it would possibly be the best looking car to come out in the last 20 or 30 years. Untouched, it still looks better than any thing currently available if you don't include the Huracan and the 488 GTB.

Here is my top 10 list in order of best looking cars available for sale as of February 25th:

1. Huracan
2. 488 GTB
3. NSX
4. 675 LT
5. 650S
6. 570S
7. Corvette
8. 911 Turbo
9. R8
10. AMG GTS

When the Ford GT comes out, I might put it at 1 or 2.

My .02

Last edited:
Yeah for sure. Its not even close.

If they fixed the front, it would possibly be the best looking car to come out in the last 20 or 30 years. Untouched, it still looks better than any thing currently available if you don't include the Huracan and the 488 GTB.

Hear is my top 10 list in order of best looking cars available for sale as of February 25th:

1. Huracan
2. 488 GTB
3. NSX
4. 675 LT
5. 650S
6. 570S
7. Corvette
8. 911 Turbo
9. R8
10. AMG GTS

When the Ford GT comes out, I might put it at 1 or 2.

My .02

Agree on the Ford GT! I'm looking forward to the release of the LC500 in 2017!

How so? Please elaborate. Build quality or performance?

Don't get me wrong, the Type R has had great reviews and is meant to be very fast and capable, but the Focus RS simply got better reviews with everyone who has driven saying you simply must buy one, it's one of the most fun cars you could ever drive.

The Type R didn't get that level of praise.

New Focus Rs is the new must have performance hatch apparently.

Don't get me wrong, the Type R has had great reviews and is meant to be very fast and capable, but the Focus RS simply got better reviews with everyone who has driven saying you simply must buy one, it's one of the most fun cars you could ever drive.

The Type R didn't get that level of praise.

New Focus Rs is the new must have performance hatch apparently.

Interesting. I've seen reviews where they say the CTR is sterile and not as fun as say the STI or other competitors but the build quality and performance is better. Sounds like that's just Honda's style, clinical precision... so lack of messy "fun" or "soul"

and awd :smile:...Ford got smart instead of throwing that much power to the front wheels....which many manufacturers had done in the past.

I am a bit biased of course, but I agree with you. The NSX is MUCH better looking IMHO.
The Audi is very a blocky bath tub in comparison.

Personally, I think most Audi's are little more than overbranded and overpriced Volkswagens.
Simple Dime in A Dozen type of cars.
Have always wondered how much Audi would be left if you would take out all the Volkswagen parts than are cross-used in other Volkswagens (like VW's, Skoda's and Seats).

Probably won't apply for the Audi R8 of course, it being the halo car of Audi.

Too bad they didn't do a technical review as well. In such a comparison the R8 would clearly be the dinosaur car it really is (IMHO).

Last edited:
I didn't realize the new RS had vectoring AWD. That's a lot of tech reminiscent of the new NSX for a relatively affordable car whereas the FGT is like what the CTR represents. Interesting philosophies for both companies.

Focus is genuinely exciting, especially at the price.

Re the Audi thing, it shares a lot with the VW group but so does Porsche.

The R8 will share a lot with the Lamborghini Huracan too.

I don't think platform sharing is a bad thing, especially when it's a good platform.

Back