• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

motul brake fluid

Yes you should make the change. Shad is a Motul dealer and has it all in stock. I use all Motul products in the race car, engine racing oil, transmission oil and brake fluid.

Steve

Shad Huntley
Driving Ambition
2378 Gold River Road # 11
Gold River, Ca 95670
[email protected]
916-861-0039

To further comment on the Motul engine oil that Steve mentioned, I do an oil analysis with Blackstone labs after every oil change. With the CTSC, I went with Shad's suggestion to give the Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40 a try. Before the CTSC, I had used regularly Mobil-1 10W/30. I also installed an oil cooler at the time of the CTSC.

After 3500 miles on the CTSC and Motul oil, with a few track events and one of them on a relatively hot day at THill (95F ambient temp for those who know the effects overheating at THill), the analysis showed the SUS viscosity @ 210F to be at 65.6 for what is supposed to be in the range of 65-76. The corresponding range for the Mobil-1 5W30 is 59-65. Flash point for both the Motul and Mobil-1 were 415 so no difference there.

Overall, Blackstone notes that it seems the Motul oil does take the heats and stress from tracking the car better.

Ashik, re brake fluid, yes Motul RBF 600 is the best value for the money. Alternatively, if you don't drive aggressively or track the car, the Valvoline SynPower is a very good bargain.

Last edited:
Back