• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mounting rails needed... where to find or buy???

i got my seats from recaro this week. it came with the seats, and slider rails and the brackets that hold the seat TO the sliders.... but unfortunately no mounts from the slider to the floor. i contacted recaro, and they said unfortunately they don't make this...

what are my options?

anyone know if bride mount rails will work?

JDMnsxR said:
i got my seats from recaro this week. it came with the seats, and slider rails and the brackets that hold the seat TO the sliders.... but unfortunately no mounts from the slider to the floor. i contacted recaro, and they said unfortunately they don't make this...

what are my options?

anyone know if bride mount rails will work?

Try SOS. Recaro don't do them, that's right.

I definitly like to see some pics of them installed plus a detailled report. :)

Well, I have a pair of rails made in Japan. If you want, you can borrow them.

Henry.

Attachments

• plannig_21-img350x263-1128325617w350web7en_honda_na1-misty.jpg
    plannig_21-img350x263-1128325617w350web7en_honda_na1-misty.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 107
i have a pair of recaro pole positions. it sounds like to get just the mount brackets will be near impossible. i know SOS sells the WHOLE bracket system, but i don't need everything as i already have the slider and brakcet for seats. i just need the mounting points.

henry, just curious, where do you live?

haha.. thanks for the offer henry.... yeah, i guess my best bet is to go fab it... duke has a pair of unused BRIDE brackets, anyone know if they'll work for the recaro seats?

For other Recaro seats (SRDs) that were used in previous non NSX cars, I used brackets from a company called Wedge Engineering in California. Don't know if they make a bracket to mate the PP sliders to the NSX chassis, though. If you like I can give you their contact info.

Where did you purchase your seats and sliders from?

I have Taitec rails but brand new they take forever to get, luckily I found a used set locally.

kkim said:
For other Recaro seats (SRDs) that were used in previous non NSX cars, I used brackets from a company called Wedge Engineering in California. Don't know if they make a bracket to mate the PP sliders to the NSX chassis, though. If you like I can give you their contact info.

Where did you purchase your seats and sliders from?

Japan :smile:

Bride is one brand you should definitly look into for a couple of reasons

1) the fitment of the base to the car is dead on (I have seen Sparco bases or Recaro bases not fitting due to the holes not lining up, hence extra drilling)

2) compactness, 2 of their models, the FO-type and FG-type are basically "one piece" design that comes with base/slider/sidemount ... the fitment is impectable and they will fit Recaros ...

the FG-type is ultra low, and will fit any of Recaro's 395mm wide seat w/o the need for Recaro sidemount ... for around $175 you get something that fits really well and is super compact ... the slider is kinda funky, but it works ...

the FO-type is slightly higher ... but will fit Recaro's 430mm wide seat (ie the Pole Position or the SPG XL) ... but you have to use the Recaro sidemount instead of the Bride sidemount that comes with the kit, the slider is easier to use .... with this system, the overall seating position will be lowered around 5cm from stock

edit

I checked Bride's website, they dont' make the FG-type for the NSX, only the FO-type ... but for the person that wants to mount his Pole Position, the FO-type should work ...

an alternative you can look into is Chargespeed (www.chargespeedusa.com), they are a Japanese company too ... the one you would need to buy is the Type-E rail (for sidemount seats such as the Pole Position) which are ultra low, I believe their design is similiar to Bride as well (the base/slider/sidemount comes in one piece)

Last edited:
Back